News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Jack Grimmer

Started by Carborundum, November 18, 2019, 08:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carborundum

Clear at the top of League 1, as part of a Wycombe team that have conceded a miserly 14 in 17 games.

I watched Wycombe earlier this season visiting AFC Wimbledon.  He played it very conservatively, tucked in at right back and played it simple, well within himself, playing to a plan.  Clean sheet in a nil-nil draw.  Barely noticeable. Good player.

Wimbledon had a defender called Kalambayi who I would expect will gravitate to higher things soon enough.  We ought to be looking at him. Strong quick and calm. 

What took me and the lad there was a desire to see Akinfenwa and how professional defenders deal with him.  Quite well with respect to the bulldozer strength.  What I had not appreciated is that whilst he has no pace or acceleration, he has lovely touch and that is always a challenge to defend against.

Anyhow, when it comes to academy success stories I'd say Jack Grimmer is well on his way.

Whitesideup

Good to hear. Thanks for the post.

filham

Interesting, but do you know what his Stats are like.


Dodgin

Nice to see Jack Grimmer get new Three year contract at Wycombe, he said he enjoyed his time here.

hovewhite

Watched jack twice last season on the losing side but played well and think he's been a success since leaving and won a trophy and a promotion with coventry city fc

Mince n Tatties

Was injured since December I believe.
But came back to be Mom in Semi and Final of playoffs.