watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Summer Signings.

Started by filham, October 02, 2021, 10:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

At the time we thought we had done well in the summer window with new signings but right now it is questionable if any of them are better than players we already had and in fact they are just providing cover.
1. Gazzaniga, hasn't done too badly but was at fault with the first goal today, suspect Rodak to be recalled against QPR.
2. Quina has failed in the few appearances made to date.

3. Muniz still settling in but in the short playing time he has had has done nothing impressive.

4. Chalobah came close to a red card in his last game but other performances not too bad, no better than Reed, Seri or Cairney.

5. In early games looked good and has become an automatic choice for the wide right position but has faded badly in the last few games and has been outshone by Kebano on the other wing.

With the exception of Wilson I think these signings are no more than makeweights and if we are to keep in the promotion race we will see little of them for the rest of the season

MartyFFC

Gazzaniga was arguably at fault for the goal against Swansea too. Plus I think his all-round uneasiness does little to instil any confidence in the back 4. Quina looks bang average, not seen enough of Muniz; and Chalobah looks decent.....

Chutney

Another poor window from Tony Khan. Why are we suprised at this point?

What happened to that director of scouting??
C O Y W

Andy S

I think that is over the top following one bad game. Sorry my opinion

Milo

Wilson has the potential to push on at Prem level should we reach it too.

Chalobah showing signs of a good creative player at this level but not sure where he fits in the first team.

Otherwise disappointing.

RaySmith

I think  they all deserve much more of a chance before passing judgement, as do manager and team in general.

Wilson, for example, hasn't become rubbish overnight, and Muniz has hardly played, same for Quina and even  Chalobah,  though maybe Gazza should be replaced by Rodak, as many  think.

Give team and manager a chance.

filham

Quote from: RaySmith on October 03, 2021, 04:41:15 AM
I think  they all deserve much more of a chance before passing judgement, as do manager and team in general.

Wilson, for example, hasn't become rubbish overnight, and Muniz has hardly played, same for Quina and even  Chalobah,  though maybe Gazza should be replaced by Rodak, as many  think.

We are a quarter of the way through the season and we need players to be bedded in and performing right now. How long can we afford to give these players to perform at their best. It seems to me that the team to face QPR may exclude all of the new signings except Wilson and even he needs to improve on recent performances.

Give team and manager a chance.