64 (24.9%)
Muniz 🔁89'
0 (0%)
Stansfield 🔁90+2
1 (0.4%)

Total Members Voted: 256

Voting closed: October 21, 2021, 09:54:04 PM

HV71

Seri for me but also huge shout out for Sir Tom !

Whitestone

Cairney. Made such a difference when he came on. So good in possession, moved the moved the ball quickly and made an instant impact with that goal.

davew

A lot of very good performances, but Seri as motm for me.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woodlawn

Seri for sure ,but also thought Tosin played well. Mitro had an off night despite goal

@jolslover

Seri, was class today. Good moment for Cairney as well

Thought Wilson and Robinson had very poor games!
STH H3

junior white

No doubt for me over the whole game it was Seri.

TC did well when on, Tosin dealt with Moore fantastically well.

toshes mate

I have to give MOTM to TC.  The game needed us to score and he did to handsomely to stop Cardiff's gameplan in its tracks.   I wish some of TC's magic shooting ability could be transferred to some of his team mates.  He doesn't kickt the ball too hard, but applies enough direction on the shot to make it very, very difficult for a goalkeeper.  A mention of Seri who had a very good game and was so unlucky not to have an assist or two on the record.

filham

Funny that, Seri first Cairney second and I have always argued that we cannot afford the luxury of both of them in the same team.
I am so happy at being proved wrong.

Carborundum

There will be games when we can't afford the luxury of Seri and Cairney.  Given wide open spaces those two together will slice a team to ribbons.  We knew that three years ago when for an hour they did exactly that to Brighton to turn a 2-0 deficit into a 4-2 win.  Every team we subsequently played  saw that, adapted the game plan and like a desert rose the Cairney/ Seri axis withered after a glorious but brief bloom.

The way to beat us is persistent pressure and harrying and hope to be well ahead before stamina expires.  The way to get hammered by us is to leave wide open spaces in the middle.  Got to assume our opponents are smart enough to figure that out and armed with more convincing weapons than Mick McCarthy will actually do something sensible.

So the best plan is still either/or at kick off for me.  On current form Seri is undroppable.  Bring on Cairney when time and circumstances permit.

filham

Quote from: Carborundum on October 22, 2021, 12:12:24 PM
There will be games when we can't afford the luxury of Seri and Cairney.  Given wide open spaces those two together will slice a team to ribbons.  We knew that three years ago when for an hour they did exactly that to Brighton to turn a 2-0 deficit into a 4-2 win.  Every team we subsequently played  saw that, adapted the game plan and like a desert rose the Cairney/ Seri axis withered after a glorious but brief bloom.

The way to beat us is persistent pressure and harrying and hope to be well ahead before stamina expires.  The way to get hammered by us is to leave wide open spaces in the middle.  Got to assume our opponents are smart enough to figure that out and armed with more convincing weapons than Mick McCarthy will actually do something sensible.

So the best plan is still either/or at kick off for me.  On current form Seri is undroppable.  Bring on Cairney when time and circumstances permit.
That all sounds correct to me Carborundum, so with Reed injured we have an immediate problem tomorrow.
I guess our midfield three will be Chalobah/Seri /BDR. Not sure that is going to be strong enough.