watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 missing players

Started by WestSussexWhite, November 24, 2021, 07:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

Everyone calm, I've been told they've got Norovirus (Mitro, Cairney and Rodak) so should hopefully be a 24 hour thing.

davew

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on November 24, 2021, 07:31:55 PM
Everyone calm, I've been told they've got Norovirus (Mitro, Cairney and Rodak) so should hopefully be a 24 hour thing.
Hope you are right, we can afford to lose 3 points but not 9 if they are out for 10 days to 2 weeks. We will all be calm if we get at least a point tonight, well I will be anyway! Thanks for the info!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitestone

Norovirus is a bit more serious than a 24 hour thing. It's highly contagious too.

Jamie88

Yes norovirus can seriously knock the stuffing out of you for a while, not a 24hr bug.

cookieg

Well this should test the squad depth.

Woolly Mammoth

Other players will have to step up do the business, simple as that. We will find out who can hack it and who may not.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Whitestone on November 24, 2021, 07:35:58 PM
Norovirus is a bit more serious than a 24 hour thing. It's highly contagious too.
Yep definitely not 24 hours. We picked it up at a family party and were both poleaxed for three days!

Bracken White

According to NHS lays you low for 2 days - so should be back for the weekend. Certainly missing Mitro & I'd suggest Cairney toinight ... 'keeper doing OK but Rodak superior.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

LC

Take them a few days to recover. Luckily we have a week until we play Bournemouth so they should be okay for that, hopefully all fine for this weekend- fingers crossed. 

I thought they might have had covid which would have been terrible news.

filham

Well that match confirmed something we already new, Mitro is so important in our attack.
A few more matches without him and we will be into a goal drought.

Deeping_white

Silva just confirmed that Wilson, Reed & Robinson played with a sickness bug, and BDR had it as well, and that's why Mitro and TC were out. Rodak isolating as someone on his plane back to the UK had covid

Hatch007

I went down with the bug on Monday morning, spent the day and half of yesterday in bed but feel fine tonight.

A mate of mine at the club confirmed it was a bug going round but not Covid!

Hatch007

Quote from: filham on November 24, 2021, 09:49:43 PM
Well that match confirmed something we already new, Mitro is so important in our attack.
A few more matches without him and we will be into a goal drought.
I don't wish to appear argumentative but I can't agree with your assessment that suggests we were impotent in attack tonight. A little reflection and perspective reveals we hit the woodwork twice, the keeper made a worldy save from Carv's volley, Muniz had a header cleared off the line and a stunning overhead kick attempt that wasn't far off bursting the net and sending the Hammy End into raptures.

On another night we score 2, 3 or even 4 goals.

You only have to look at the goal scorers on Saturday to appreciate we are not a one-man team reliant solely on Mitro for goals.

Bokonon

Wow, fair play to Wilson, Reed, and Robinson then. Must have been tough for a midweek match.

Colton F.C.

Quote from: Deeping_white on November 24, 2021, 10:01:49 PM
Silva just confirmed that Wilson, Reed & Robinson played with a sickness bug, and BDR had it as well, and that's why Mitro and TC were out. Rodak isolating as someone on his plane back to the UK had covid

In the circumstances one point gained. Well played Fulham (& Millwall).  Still top.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I got norovirus on a walking holiday in South Africa and I still felt weak ten days after. I tried to join in some of the walks before we came home and felt drained.

MartyFFC

Yeah I had it last month. Literally thought I was going to die for 2 days; would be surprised to see them play Saturday

General

Based on all the reports, most claim that whilst we had some wasteful shooting, it was more Derby throwing everything into their defending that kept the score down. We hit the bar twice and had loads of chances which were blocked in the last moment. Think it was just one of those game unfortunately for us. Glad Bournemouth drew, their form is starting to look poor - but a shame we didn't get more.

Does anyone know why mitro, rodak and cairney were out?

Bokonon

Quote from: General on November 24, 2021, 10:57:18 PM
Based on all the reports, most claim that whilst we had some wasteful shooting, it was more Derby throwing everything into their defending that kept the score down. We hit the bar twice and had loads of chances which were blocked in the last moment. Think it was just one of those game unfortunately for us. Glad Bournemouth drew, their form is starting to look poor - but a shame we didn't get more.

Does anyone know why mitro, rodak and cairney were out?

Mitro/Cairney non-Covid illness. Rodak in quarantine because someone on the plane back from international duty tested positive.

cmg

Silva:
"[Aleksandar] Mitrović and [Tom] Cairney are both ill.

"Even some of the others like Harrison [Reed], Bobby [De Cordova-Reid], Antonee [Robinson] and Harry [Wilson] had some problems these past few days.

"Bobby was on the bench, just because if we needed him, he'd try and help. We had six or seven players in this situation.

"[Marek] Rodák is in a really strange situation. They said he had contact on the plane with someone who had COVID. If the game was two days later, he could've played, but there's a protocol, and we respect the situation."