News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Are we to make the Cottage rock on Saturday?

Started by Admin, March 04, 2010, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

To get a result, I think we are gona need to. I also think that we will need to show the Spuds fans a bit of intimidation right from the off and shut them up from the word go.

I've not been that impressed this season with our noise levels so far but after sitting up the back in H3 against Brum the other week with Leon & co, we do actually have some good old pockets of 'erbert's' who like the odd bit of banter. God knows how me old mucker Ska survived up their renting his you know what out.  :-*

The botton line is, we are going to have to be at the TOP of our game Saturday if we ARE to progress, or be worthy of a quarter final place in the cup. It's not going to be easy but Spuds are a good side and the crowd will need to be our 12th man on and off the pitch.

Last time we played Spuds, they came to our gaff and totally controlled us. We were out numbered on the trains and tubes comming into Fulham, out sung in the streets, a bit nice in our boozers, very sheepish in Bishops Park, out heckled inside/ouside the ground and then we left them to their own devices after the game with a free run of Fulham and Putney.

Now, I'm not a violence type person and don't condemn it in football what so ever but we are, on to many occasions, a bit soft for our own good. For once, I'd like to see us take control of this game on and off the pitch and then send Spuds packing.


TonyGilroy

#1
I thought it was our team against theirs

Whatever we do or don't do as a crowd seems to work (or more likely be irrelevant) if you look at our home record. I don't see the need for anything different on Saturday.

Admin

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 04, 2010, 08:58:51 AM
I thought it was our team against theirs

Whatever we do or don't do as a crowd seems to work if you look at our home record. I don't see the need for anything different on Saturday.

I take it from that reply that you're a H7'er Tony?


alfie

It does not matter how much noise is made in the H/end it never seems to make its way to the other end, it can sound fantastic when your in there, but friends of mine who sit at Cottage end of JH stand say they struggle to hear anything, and when your in the H/end all you here is away supporters, it's not our fault just believe it is the way the stand keeps sound in.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Admin on March 04, 2010, 09:01:24 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 04, 2010, 08:58:51 AM
I thought it was our team against theirs

Whatever we do or don't do as a crowd seems to work if you look at our home record. I don't see the need for anything different on Saturday.

I take it from that reply that you're a H7'er Tony?

Riverside, obviously.

I will awake if events on the pitch are worthy of my attention.

Admin

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 04, 2010, 09:10:54 AM
Quote from: Admin on March 04, 2010, 09:01:24 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 04, 2010, 08:58:51 AM
I thought it was our team against theirs

Whatever we do or don't do as a crowd seems to work if you look at our home record. I don't see the need for anything different on Saturday.

I take it from that reply that you're a H7'er Tony?

Riverside, obviously.

I will awake if events on the pitch are worthy of my attention.

Hahaaha thought as much. I'll give you a little wave  :-*. Saying that, i've had to order two tickets in H7 as my normal seat went early. H7 is a complete mare & I know know that the couple in front of me will be petting for 90 minuntes, the Japs behind will still be trundling on about Inamoto, the guy to my left won't have a clue where he is and to my right..... Well lets just say I bet he will be playing games on his Ipod. This is exactly what i meant....


WhiteJC

crowd support (or otherwise) must effect the players, just think of the away results during the great escape.

how often do players remark on the "fantastic support", if they didn't notice they wouldn't mention it.

a few seasons ago Cookie was having a go because of the lack of support, didn't he call the riverside mutes?

getting behind the team makes a difference  :D

TonyGilroy

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 04, 2010, 09:17:47 AM
crowd support (or otherwise) must effect the players, just think of the away results during the great escape.

how often do players remark on the "fantastic support", if they didn't notice they wouldn't mention it.

a few seasons ago Cookie was having a go because of the lack of support, didn't he call the riverside mutes?

getting behind the team makes a difference  :D


You'd think but our home form is superb yet we're accused of being a quiet crowd.

My guess is that it's the closeness of the crowd that really makes the difference and makes playing at Craven Cottage unsettling for the opposition.

leonffc

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 04, 2010, 08:58:51 AM
I thought it was our team against theirs

Whatever we do or don't do as a crowd seems to work (or more likely be irrelevant) if you look at our home record. I don't see the need for anything different on Saturday.

Sorry Tony, I strongly disagree. Sometimes walking through the park you can gauge what the performance is going to be like buy the eerie flatness of the 'masses' strolling to the game.
Before the Villa game I was thinking how subdued we were and it reminded me of when Arsenal beat us 3-0 (Adebayor 3) a few years back when they sung that poxy 'Adebayor' song for 15 mins without reply. The performance by the crowd on both days was woeful and fully reflected on the pitch. If the players run out to a rocking atmosphere it can help get them up for the game ie. Birmingham during the great escape.
Lets give them a wall of noise. Hopefully this will be the case with more 'fans' being there than tourists as it is a massive game for the club
COYW


ImperialWhite

I agree, leonffc - I think the amazing atmosphere at the Shaktar game which helped us get a win against a team which you could probably argue had the game for the taking if they wanted.

Admin

Quote from: leonffc on March 04, 2010, 09:41:52 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 04, 2010, 08:58:51 AM
I thought it was our team against theirs

Whatever we do or don't do as a crowd seems to work (or more likely be irrelevant) if you look at our home record. I don't see the need for anything different on Saturday.

Sorry Tony, I strongly disagree. Sometimes walking through the park you can gauge what the performance is going to be like buy the eerie flatness of the 'masses' strolling to the game.
Before the Villa game I was thinking how subdued we were and it reminded me of when Arsenal beat us 3-0 (Adebayor 3) a few years back when they sung that poxy 'Adebayor' song for 15 mins without reply. The performance by the crowd on both days was woeful and fully reflected on the pitch. If the players run out to a rocking atmosphere it can help get them up for the game ie. Birmingham during the great escape.
Lets give them a wall of noise. Hopefully this will be the case with more 'fans' being there than tourists as it is a massive game for the club
COYW

What time are you getting there Saturday mate? I was aiming at about 1pm in the Jollies. I would buy you a couple more beers but with 4 hours drinking, i doubt you'd make it past Putney Bridge let alone Bishops Park  :P

leonffc

Quote from: Admin on March 04, 2010, 09:51:08 AM
Quote from: leonffc on March 04, 2010, 09:41:52 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 04, 2010, 08:58:51 AM
I thought it was our team against theirs

Whatever we do or don't do as a crowd seems to work (or more likely be irrelevant) if you look at our home record. I don't see the need for anything different on Saturday.

Sorry Tony, I strongly disagree. Sometimes walking through the park you can gauge what the performance is going to be like buy the eerie flatness of the 'masses' strolling to the game.
Before the Villa game I was thinking how subdued we were and it reminded me of when Arsenal beat us 3-0 (Adebayor 3) a few years back when they sung that poxy 'Adebayor' song for 15 mins without reply. The performance by the crowd on both days was woeful and fully reflected on the pitch. If the players run out to a rocking atmosphere it can help get them up for the game ie. Birmingham during the great escape.
Lets give them a wall of noise. Hopefully this will be the case with more 'fans' being there than tourists as it is a massive game for the club
COYW

What time are you getting there Saturday mate? I was aiming at about 1pm in the Jollies. I would buy you a couple more beers but with 4 hours drinking, i doubt you'd make it past Putney Bridge let alone Bishops Park  :P

haha, thats fine, I'll have Luis with me and he has memorised the stations, knows what trains to get from King Cross AND counts the stations home so I'll be OK.
I'll probably be there about 2.30 to 3pm as the boy has a match in the morning. Some local yid has asked if he can come as he doesn't know the way but I'll try and leave him at the 8 bells 


CorkCity

After a good feed of Guinness I will be rocking , not sure about the Cottage.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

We will be up for this don't worry about this chaps,we always raise our game towards the better teams,the hammy end will be rocking for one reason and one reason only-THIS GAME MATTERS :D the hammyend will be bouncing-I know H2 will be because thats my lot will be and we are start off at 11am in the 8 Bells so there is a great chance it's all going to get out of hand...............................again,especially as I've not had a beer since christmas ;)

So lets start it off here,if we all on this site start geeing everybody up it will happen and we will win

:D :D :D COME ON YOU WHITES :D :D :D