A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player of the season

Started by aFFCn_Fan, May 16, 2011, 04:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We're nearly at the end of the season, whose done best over the course of the year?

Mark Schwarzer
1 (1%)
David Stockdale
0 (0%)
Stephen Kelly
0 (0%)
Carlos Salcido
0 (0%)
John Pantsil
0 (0%)
Brede Hangeland
21 (21.9%)
Chris Baird
11 (11.5%)
Philippe Senderos
0 (0%)
Aaron Hughes
9 (9.4%)
Rafik Halliche
0 (0%)
Steve Sidwell
0 (0%)
Zoltan Gera
0 (0%)
Danny Murphy
1 (1%)
Damien Duff
1 (1%)
Dickson Etuhu
0 (0%)
Clint Dempsey
50 (52.1%)
Jonathan Greening
0 (0%)
Simon Davies
0 (0%)
Andy Johnson
0 (0%)
Eidur Gudjohnsen
0 (0%)
Bobby Zamora
0 (0%)
Mousa Dembele
2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 81

aFFCn_Fan

We've had a good run, and a solid finish means we'll end up as a secure mid table club. We've suffered some key injuries, and there's been some wobbles along the way, but which player stands out to you...and why?
@hincharoo

AlFayedsChequebook

If Dempsey doesn't win this, I am going to hurl myself from Putney Bridge.

WhiteJC

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 16, 2011, 04:23:43 PM

not as easy as previous years, Chris Baird has also been outstanding, as has Aaron and what a difference getting Bobby back!

I'll have to ponder this a while  :dft012:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 16, 2011, 04:29:08 PM

not as easy as previous years, Chris Baird has also been outstanding, as has Aaron and what a difference getting Bobby back!

Au contraire, we were rubbish for 1/2 a season, Dempsey kept us afloat, his form has continued in the second half of the season.

Baird, has done well, but if he had not hit those two goals against Stoke, he would not be part of the conversation.

If Baird wins it will be more of a travesty than Gera winning over Zamora last year.

RidgeRider

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 16, 2011, 04:33:41 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on May 16, 2011, 04:29:08 PM

Au contraire, we were rubbish for 1/2 a season, Dempsey kept us afloat, his form has continued in the second half of the season.

Baird, has done well, but if he had not hit those two goals against Stoke, he would not be part of the conversation.

If Baird wins it will be more of a travesty than Gera winning over Zamora last year.

AFC, Mr. JC, I believe, is yanking your chain.  :dft009:

TheDaddy

Went for Hangers ! sorry lads im a defensive minded fellow Centre back was  my berth as a saturday/sunday player still have the scars !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

The Equalizer

I had to go for Huggy, he has been immense as right-back this season and has started off many of the plays that lead to us scoring. Cracking player.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tktd

I really find Dempsey to frustrating as a player to ever vote for him - Yes he's scored a lot and has undoubted potential but he's also extremely enfuriating as for every goal he scores he misses 3 sitters at least.

His first touch is also quie poor and I feel  bit uneasy when I see him on the wing as I don't think he has the tackling ability (fouls more than tackles) or the pace to catch those fast wingers, which makes our defences statistics even more impressive.

To be one of the best defences in the league, to have had a bad first half and still be in with a shout with 7th is the fact that our defence have meant we've drawn more than lost... you don't draw if your attacking options are on fire - second half of season is testament to that.

Not only all of that but he's pitched in with 7 goals this season making him our 2nd highest scorer this season and for a CB that's no mean feat.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Tktd on May 16, 2011, 05:04:51 PM

I really find Dempsey to frustrating as a player to ever vote for him - Yes he's scored a lot and has undoubted potential but he's also extremely enfuriating as for every goal he scores he misses 3 sitters at least.

His first touch is also quie poor and I feel  bit uneasy when I see him on the wing as I don't think he has the tackling ability (fouls more than tackles) or the pace to catch those fast wingers, which makes our defences statistics even more impressive.

To be one of the best defences in the league, to have had a bad first half and still be in with a shout with 7th is the fact that our defence have meant we've drawn more than lost... you don't draw if your attacking options are on fire - second half of season is testament to that.

Not only all of that but he's pitched in with 7 goals this season making him our 2nd highest scorer this season and for a CB that's no mean feat.

As long as he continues to score the most important goals in recent history, lead the team in scoring.......again.....and score more goals than anyone on the team in the history in the Prem, I am ok with you being infuriated.  :dft012:

In fact, I am ok with you being down right angry!

Sheepskin Junior

:001: Surprised there was no Eddie Johnson on the list he would've got everyone's vote  :011:
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

mccscratch

Quote from: Tktd on May 16, 2011, 05:04:51 PM

Wont argue about Brede... our most consistent performer by far...but you and I clearly are watching a different match when it comes to Clint Dempsey...

Sitters? Poor touch? Does not track back?   I see Dempsey take lots of shots some of them off target but can't think of more than 1 instance where Clint missed a goal he should have been expected to score 10 out of 10 times.... As for a poor touch... I would say he has as much technical ability as anyone on our team... As for tracking back...we clearly play a Zonal marking system and Clint makes loads of good challenges that thwart the attacks...in fact I see this as a big area of improvement since his first days at the club... he still works hard but now he works hard and smart... nobody at the club throws his body about like he does... (Save Paintsil..haha)

Some may say he ends up on the ground too much but I think he is put there quite a number of times because other teams don't want him wandering in open space on his cuts from the outside to the middle... He creates goals for Fulham and they know it...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

bigalffc

If Dempsey doesn't win this I'll throw Al Fayeds chequebook off of Putney Bridge :005:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: TheDaddy on May 16, 2011, 04:36:27 PM
Went for Hangers ! sorry lads im a defensive minded fellow Centre back was  my berth as a saturday/sunday player still have the scars !
Same as  :54:

mike_f

Baird for me. Then Hangeland, then Dempsey

FP

IMO this season was all about defence. Top 4 in goals conceded and clean sheets (a CL team).
I would go for a H&H double vote but as that's not possible, i choose Hughes

Tom

Clint Dempseyyyyyyyyyyyy. Congrats on a great season Clint!  :wine:  :beer:
Fulham for life!

fulhampa23

Huge Dempsey fan and american, but I vote Brede. His defensive play along with Hughes has been exceptional all year, and then you add in six goals from set pieces, its hard not too go his way. Clint is a very close second, and i would be happy if he wind as we;;
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

Tom

Quote from: fulhampa23 on May 16, 2011, 09:09:32 PM
Huge Dempsey fan and american, but I vote Brede. His defensive play along with Hughes has been exceptional all year, and then you add in six goals from set pieces, its hard not too go his way. Clint is a very close second, and i would be happy if he wind as we;;
Brede is second on my list.
Fulham for life!

MOR :

Brede for me...immense all season

WhiteJC