more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

EFL Cup Round 3 draw tonight at 2215 roughly

Started by Information, August 30, 2023, 01:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Very favourable draw!

We owe it to Tete's boot to take a good crack at it.

ron

Quote from: Information on August 30, 2023, 01:28:00 PMDoes no one at the EFL check peoples work ??

Norwich is not before Newcastle in the alphabet

Perhaps it's a case of canaries before magpies.

demeant0r

Quote from: Information on August 30, 2023, 01:28:00 PMDoes no one at the EFL check peoples work ??

Norwich is not before Newcastle in the alphabet

Be thankful they made that mistake, otherwise our next cup match would be against Newcastle

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Twig

Quote from: wback on August 30, 2023, 10:58:49 PM
Quote from: copthornemike on August 30, 2023, 10:42:10 PMNorwich are one of the few teams which might view us as a 'bogey' team. I recall us having a pretty good record against them in comparatively recent years.

The 6-0 that relegated them (I think they needed a draw to stay up and arrived in party mode) is one of my favourite ever Fulham games.

My daughter was getting married that day and the reception venue was one of the rowing clubs on the opposite bank of the river. I was on the balcony watching deflated Canaries supporters traipse along the towpath while I sipped champagne!

filham

Quote from: I Ronic on August 30, 2023, 10:36:04 PMI know it's early days but wouldn't a cup final this season be bloody brilliant.
Start thinking about such things when those 40 premier league points are on the board, otherwise it could prove a fatal distraction.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on August 31, 2023, 11:01:41 AM
Quote from: I Ronic on August 30, 2023, 10:36:04 PMI know it's early days but wouldn't a cup final this season be bloody brilliant.
Start thinking about such things when those 40 premier league points are on the board, otherwise it could prove a fatal distraction.

Sorry Mr Filham i am thinking of a Cup Final already.
My philosophy is that you cannot pick and choose which games you prefer to win, because you will lose most of them thinking that way.
You have to want to win them all including the toss.

It's called a winning mentality which all successful clubs possess.
 Unlike clubs who are the also rans because they play with fear.

Therefore as i have said many times, just concentrate on the next match, because that is the most important, do not be distracted by what may or may not happen.

Many a misguided manager has thought that way by prioritising one above the other and has ended up with neither and thrown on the scrap heap.

Winning becomes a habit when you plan to win every match in every competition you enter, because competition means you compete.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Information

Police say no to Chelsea and Fulham on same night
Brentford normally are kept apart from Qpr

Anyway Chelsea and Brentford have to be Weds night due to PL games on Sunday 24th

So it is absolutely certain
Fulham v Norwich will be on Tues Sep 26th and you can expect the Canaries to be given all of Putney End

Bill2

Quote from: ffc73 on August 30, 2023, 10:35:45 PMBrentford, Chelsea & us all at home & they play Arsenal & Brighton so will be interesting to see what day is set for our game.
Good point, Either we all play on separate days or one will be a crappy time.

Information

Quote from: Information on August 31, 2023, 11:47:55 AMPolice say no to Chelsea and Fulham on same night

Anyway Chelsea and Brentford have to be Weds night due to PL games on Sunday 24th

Fulham v Norwich will be on Tues Sep 26th and you can expect the Canaries to be given all of Putney End

Chelsea confirm already

We will host Brighton & Hove Albion in the Carabao Cup third round on Wednesday 27 September.

Kick-off at Stamford Bridge will be at 7.45pm. The match will not be televised in the UK.

Information

An EFL spokesperson said via Express Sport: "The numbers for the Round Three draw of the Carabao Cup were allocated and communicated in advance of the draw taking place on Wednesday evening and were drawn in-line with the usual strict protocols and conditions.

"The League accepts that the list published was not in alphabetical order, however, under Cup rules, the draw does not require for numbers to be allocated on that basis as is demonstrated by those teams who progressed on Wednesday night.

"As a result, the EFL views the draw as completely valid with no impact to competition integrity."

bencher

Quote from: Information on August 31, 2023, 02:07:42 PMAn EFL spokesperson said via Express Sport: "The numbers for the Round Three draw of the Carabao Cup were allocated and communicated in advance of the draw taking place on Wednesday evening and were drawn in-line with the usual strict protocols and conditions.

"The League accepts that the list published was not in alphabetical order, however, under Cup rules, the draw does not require for numbers to be allocated on that basis as is demonstrated by those teams who progressed on Wednesday night.

"As a result, the EFL views the draw as completely valid with no impact to competition integrity."

Or in English: Fulham were meant to get a tough draw as usual, to ensure that they cannot advance far in this competition as per tradition, but due to human error, they may yet reach the 4th round.

DadCreature

Well, due to sheer thuggery on the part of Huddersfield's keeper, we will be facing Norwich without their best (and, this season, highly in-form) striker.  Look at the replay from the weekend- Sargent scored on the play but the Keeper should have been sent off anyway.

DadCreature

Here's the play- the (American) tackle resulted in a serious ankle injury and probably 3-4 months recovery.

Information

Shocking TV pick from Sky

Tuesday 26 September Manchester United v Crystal Palace 8pm
Wednesday 27 September Newcastle United v Manchester City 8pm

alfie

Quote from: Information on September 01, 2023, 01:50:33 PMShocking TV pick from Sky

Tuesday 26 September Manchester United v Crystal Palace 8pm
Wednesday 27 September Newcastle United v Manchester City 8pm
Why?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Information

Quote from: Information on August 31, 2023, 02:04:53 PM
Quote from: Information on August 31, 2023, 11:47:55 AMPolice say no to Chelsea and Fulham on same night

Chelsea confirm already

We will host Brighton & Hove Albion in the Carabao Cup third round on Wednesday 27 September.

Kick-off at Stamford Bridge will be at 7.45pm. The match will not be televised in the UK.

So why are Fulham on Same night as match at Chelsea ???

Our Third Round EFL Cup tie against Norwich has now been confirmed for Wednesday 27th September, kick-off 7.45pm.

Twig

Quote from: filham on August 31, 2023, 11:01:41 AM

Sod that I'd love a cup final and I'll rely on Marco and the lads to keep us in the top flight.

jayffc

Great to see some good teams definitely going home early. Hopefully, we can get past Norwich and have a crack at a run for sure