watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Forest

Started by alfie, March 18, 2024, 02:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

I'm hearing that Forest have been docked four points.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Somerset Fulham

Same here.

Everton are going to go mental, rightly or wrongly.

DevonFFC

Play with fire....

Everton still have more points to be docked.

FA do not want Everton or Forest going down imo and have given them as lenient as they can to give them hope to stay up.

The prem is a money ball and they only want the biggest teams, doesn't pay for them to have a league Luton, Burnley and Sheffield in it. 

General

Does feel like they're being very lenient with those who abuse PSR.

4 points seems very little, though that does put them in the relegation places and 1 pt behind Luton now.

I can't imagine it'll do anything more than possibly galvanise Forest into making up the difference, which kind of defeats the point.

Essentially PSR is and has been failing.

Somerset Fulham

They have two weeks to appeal this and then that appeal won't be decided upon until 24th May.  The Premier League season finishes on the 9th May so Christ knows how that is going to work.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 18, 2024, 02:41:53 PMThey have two weeks to appeal this and then that appeal won't be decided upon until 24th May.  The Premier League season finishes on the 9th May so Christ knows how that is going to work.
Exactly, how crazy is that?

btffc

Was there an explanation why Forest got 4 and Everton have gotten 6?

Sgt Fulham

If a measley 4 points is the punishment let's go for broke.

Lighthouse

Becoming more like spin the bottle. Where it lands nobody knows. Truth or dare. Dare you appeal or accept the truth of only 4 points deducted.

Then the appeal is heard when the season is over. There has to be a better way of doing things. This just makes the whole season a lottery and the Prem and its rules look foolish.

Have rules but find a way to make the whole implementation fairer and simpler.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bencher

Quote from: btffc on March 18, 2024, 02:56:26 PMWas there an explanation why Forest got 4 and Everton have gotten 6?

Most likely, because Forest argued that the reason they were in breach was because they delayed the sale of Brenan Johnson until later in the summer transfer window so that they would achieve a higher sale price, but that fee was only counted in the following PSR year as a result.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: bencher on March 18, 2024, 03:15:49 PM
Quote from: btffc on March 18, 2024, 02:56:26 PMWas there an explanation why Forest got 4 and Everton have gotten 6?

Most likely, because Forest argued that the reason they were in breach was because they delayed the sale of Brenan Johnson until later in the summer transfer window so that they would achieve a higher sale price, but that fee was only counted in the following PSR year as a result.
Forest tried to do a deal with the Premier League that would allow them to do this. It feels a bit like saying to a traffic cop that you were thinking of driving below the speed limit in an hour or so.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 18, 2024, 02:41:53 PMThey have two weeks to appeal this and then that appeal won't be decided upon until 24th May.  The Premier League season finishes on the 9th May so Christ knows how that is going to work.
I imagine they will retain their place in the Premier and start next season on -4

Will probably mean that whichever teams get relegated, will be on to their lawyers straight away! And I think they would be right too!

Really is a mess. They'd probably throw the book at FFC if we were in breach!

JimOG

I've always found that defence (i.e delaying Johnson sale knowing it put them in jeopardy) bizarre. You can't, as a club, to break the rules claiming it was better for them to sell him outside the FFP deadline...weird

Eton White

If they appeal, is there a chance the points deduction could be increased as well as decreased?

Surlyc

I assume they would have happily included all the funds into this season if the PL hadn't challenged last years figures. They do not deserve the benefit of the doubt here and it (again) just highlights how flawed the administrative body of the PL is.

btffc

Quote from: Eton White on March 18, 2024, 03:41:37 PMIf they appeal, is there a chance the points deduction couod be increased as well as decreased?

Only decreased I believe

Wolf

Quote from: JimOG on March 18, 2024, 03:39:34 PM

I've always found that defence (i.e delaying Johnson sale knowing it put them in jeopardy) bizarre. You can't, as a club, to break the rules claiming it was better for them to sell him outside the FFP deadline...weird

I agree its absolutely laughable; they've either sold him by the relevant date or not - there's no grey area.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Rupert

And when is the Man City case due to be heard? Will any point deductions be retrospective? Maybe cost them the Championship, only we don't get that result for a season or two? The cynic in me wonders if they will wait until City are storming away with the title, then hit them with an insignificant deduction.

Or are we supposed to forget all about it when we see how tough the authorities are on Forest and Everton?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

btffc

Quote from: Rupert on March 18, 2024, 03:57:10 PMAnd when is the Man City case due to be heard? Will any point deductions be retrospective? Maybe cost them the Championship, only we don't get that result for a season or two? The cynic in me wonders if they will wait until City are storming away with the title, then hit them with an insignificant deduction.

Or are we supposed to forget all about it when we see how tough the authorities are on Forest and Everton?

There is supposed to be an announcement in June about when the trial will be heard

Angus Telford

Quote from: Wolf on March 18, 2024, 03:53:10 PM
Quote from: JimOG on March 18, 2024, 03:39:34 PM

I agree its absolutely laughable; they've either sold him by the relevant date or not - there's no grey area.

Of course there are infinite shades of grey.

Real life isn't black and white so neither should the law that governs it be rigid or binary.

If you get done for dangerous driving having gone 5 mph over the speed limit at 1am and hit a cyclist who had no lights on, you wouldn't expect the same sentence as someone who's ploughed into a crowd of kids whilst high and doing 70mph outside a school at 3pm.

And to the post above that we should ignore FFP if the sanction is only 4pts, well if we just drove a coach and horses through the rules I expect we'd quite rightly get a much bigger sanction.