watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Leicester

Started by SuffolkWhite, April 23, 2024, 09:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Watching Leicester take Southampton apart and that all but books promotion I think, but, are they in trouble when they come up regarding FFP?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Somerset Fulham

Yep, they are.

And I think they may be the stronger of the sides that come up, but it doesn't make them much of a threat as I currently see it.

btffc

Believe they get a points deduction as soon as they come up and they likely need to sell some players without much ability to make any purchases. Dewsbury-Hall is likely gone. Think they are in real trouble next year. They might have to yo-yo one more time to fix their budget to stay in the PL.

Southcoastffc

Dewsbury-Hall - sounds like a stately home.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

King_Crud

Quote from: btffc on April 23, 2024, 10:51:54 PMBelieve they get a points deduction as soon as they come up and they likely need to sell some players without much ability to make any purchases. Dewsbury-Hall is likely gone. Think they are in real trouble next year. They might have to yo-yo one more time to fix their budget to stay in the PL.

I heard they've got some hot shot kid on loan from a Portuguese club, the contract states they are obliged to buy him if they get promoted. But if they get promoted they may have a transfer ban......

btffc

Quote from: King_Crud on April 25, 2024, 01:18:33 PM
Quote from: btffc on April 23, 2024, 10:51:54 PMBelieve they get a points deduction as soon as they come up and they likely need to sell some players without much ability to make any purchases. Dewsbury-Hall is likely gone. Think they are in real trouble next year. They might have to yo-yo one more time to fix their budget to stay in the PL.

I heard they've got some hot shot kid on loan from a Portuguese club, the contract states they are obliged to buy him if they get promoted. But if they get promoted they may have a transfer ban......

Abdul Fatawu and he is indeed very good. 20 years old on loan from Sporting and the buy option is only like 10m which is a bargain based on his performance this year. Haven't seen anything about them getting a transfer ban though.

cookieg

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 23, 2024, 11:38:35 PMDewsbury-Hall - sounds like a stately home.

I had my first marriage there actually.

sunburywhite

Quote from: cookieg on April 25, 2024, 01:59:12 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 23, 2024, 11:38:35 PMDewsbury-Hall - sounds like a stately home.

So did I, then got divorced and ended up with Bugger Hall
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SP

Congratulations Leicester.

Steeeeeeeeeed

They've won the Premier League, FA Cup, and very probably the Championship, all within 8 years.
 Pretty cool 😎

sunburywhite

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 27, 2024, 04:25:10 AMThey've won the Premier League, FA Cup, and very probably the Championship, all within 8 years.
 Pretty cool 😎

They must have a bigger trophy cabinet than Arsenal and Chelsea
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SP

Reading the Saturday thread, I think it'll be a short stay:

'A host of Premier League clubs are keen on picking up Leicester City's Wilfred Ndidi on a free transfer this summer.'

mrmicawbers

Quote from: sunburywhite on April 26, 2024, 01:48:34 PM
:slap:  :slap:

filham

The amazing thing about the Championship is that although Leeds have looked like promotion favourites for a long while with just one or two games to go it is still possible for them to drop into the play offs with 80 points and miss out on promotion and for lowly Hull with 69 points to make the play offs and win promotion.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 27, 2024, 04:25:10 AMThey've won the Premier League, FA Cup, and very probably the Championship, all within 8 years.
 Pretty cool 😎

So that at's now 2 Championships, (2014 and 2024), a Premier League, an FA Cup and a Community Shield all in 10 years.

Impressive stuff.

Angus Telford

I've generally defended the PL's current enforcement strategy (albeit I don't agree with the rules themselves) but this disconnect between the PL and EFL is bloody absurd. How hard is it for them to have a simple memorandum of understanding under which the EFL agrees to implement deductions/sanctions decided by the PL and vice versa. This whole issue with the PL not having jurisdiction over relegated clubs and having to wait until they come back up to sanction them is absolutely farcical. Leicester are even arguing that they had no obligation to provide the PL with their 22/23 season accounts because they were no longer in the PL when the deadline came for their submission so the PL had no jurisdiction to request them. Ridiculous situation.

WindyCity

Hoping for an Ipswich win today.  Would like to see Leeds stay in the 2nd tier. 

Sour Kraut

Quote from: filham on April 27, 2024, 10:35:54 AMThe amazing thing about the Championship is that although Leeds have looked like promotion favourites for a long while with just one or two games to go it is still possible for them to drop into the play offs with 80 points and miss out on promotion and for lowly Hull with 69 points to make the play offs and win promotion.

That surely just shows up the fallacy of the English play-off system, doesn't it? I don't think any other major football country has a system like this. In terms of this season's numbers, Leeds could still get 93 points and fail to get promoted; Hull would in fact need 73 to stand a chance of getting into the play-offs, but as things stand today West Brom could get into the play-offs with 72 and get promoted at Leeds' expense. Really bizarre and, in my view, wrong.

cookieg

Quote from: sunburywhite on April 26, 2024, 01:48:34 PM

:slap:  :slap:

Somerset Fulham

We are being linked with Dewsbury-Hall, apparently.

Watching the Ipswich game tonight and they are a really, really decent side. I hope they go up, even though their game against Coventry isn't over yet.

Its good to see Cameron Burgess playing in a good side, he has turned out to be a good footballer after the start that he had under Magath and that pleases me.