watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 1-1 Palace - 27 April

Started by WhiteJC, June 15, 2023, 11:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Nittany_Joe on April 27, 2024, 03:44:22 PMWhere is Tim Ream?
On the bench where he belongs.

As for the first half, thought the first 10 or 15 minutes were just about as poor as our start to the Forest match. Glad to see Leno took some inspiration from Newcastle and we've looked a little better since. 

SerbianLad

Quote from: Nittany_Joe on April 27, 2024, 03:44:22 PMDon't like Diop matched with Bassey in the back. Where is Tim Ream?
Ream-Bassey partnership was one of the worst cb pairings we had in recent years. Bassey really struggled on the wrong side of the cb pairing and I remember many fans saying he was a sh*t, which obviously wasn't true he was just playing out of position. Neither him nor Ream can play on the right. Besides, I thought Diop did fine apart from almost exclusively choosing to pass it way to safe. The one time he tried a long ball we almost got a great chance. He's not as good of a long ball passer as Tosin generaly, but today he seems to play it extra safe, which is understandable given how long it's been since he last started.

We looked better ever since Leno faked his injury which is something I didn't like at all. It seems like Marco took one out of Eddie Howe's book of cheating and gamesmanship. But I'm not sure if we got any better or if we killed Palace's momentum and they got worse.

We really struggled to keep hold of the ball and as @btffc pointed out, BDR and Reed were the main culprits of this. Adama/Willian + Cairney/Lukic should be the subs made asap in my opinion.

WindyCity

Fortunate to be even at the half.  Some very sloppy play, lots of easy giveaways.  Need to tighten things up.  Willian and Cairney would probably smooth things out?  At some point would like to see Traore.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SerbianLad

cookieg

What does Andersen have to do to get booked?

Drewry66

Nittany_Joe

Well after all the angst, Muniz has lifted Fulham to a 1-0 lead. Nice start to the second half. COME ON FULHAM!

Woolly Mammoth

What a transformation, just goes to show, while it is 0 0 we have a chance.
Now it is 1 0 and that should boost confidence so we can build on it, we have to keep it ticking over as they are bound to come back at us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Grassy Noel on April 27, 2024, 03:54:37 PMSo we have lulled Palace into a false sense of security. Now for Rodrigo to land the sucker punch.

You must have seen this game before.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Been out and just had the chance to check in. Looks like we are starting to get our noses in front?

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 27, 2024, 04:16:02 PM
Quote from: Grassy Noel on April 27, 2024, 03:54:37 PMSo we have lulled Palace into a false sense of security. Now for Rodrigo to land the sucker punch.

You must have seen this game before.

I have. Did I mention Palinha's rash challenge yet to come?

SerbianLad

BDR should have done better there

Drewry66

Dropped off here. Need to raise again

SerbianLad

Weird that Palhinha comes off and Reed stays on. Thought Palhinha was much better than Reed today.

Nittany_Joe

Great save by Leno. Palace should have scored there.

Drewry66

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 27, 2024, 04:29:35 PMWeird that Palhinha comes off and Reed stays on. Thought Palhinha was much better than Reed today.

Yellow concern maybe? Game to win here however!

Twig

btffc

davew

OH well, good while it lasted!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)