News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Is it now safe

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 11, 2024, 02:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

To come out from behind the sofa....did we get battered

First State

The score shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. We played a team vastly superior to us. Congrats to Citeh.

filham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 11, 2024, 02:23:44 PMTo come out from behind the sofa....did we get battered
Yes, but then we expected to. Make no mistake City are world class.
Hard to find any positives.

We were set up to play a defensive game but that was probably right.

Did we manage shot at goal, hardly.

Muniz had poor service but he is no target man, we need better.

I think that was our 13th match this season without a goal.

Just hope we finish the season with a performance and a hat full of goals at Luton next week.


filham

Oh, I forgot to ask why their third goal was not given as offside ,ok the player that scored wasn't but the one that just missed was and he was clearly interfering with play.

Plodder

Any decent Premier League team which loses 5-1 away and 4-0 at home to Man City in the same season should be embarrassed if it has professional pride, not just say "Oh well, what do you expect?". We are a good quality Premier League team and aspire to improve, so we should be giving Man City a hard game every time we play them. That was as feeble a fold up as I can remember seeing in a long time. I don't think it was a conscious lack of commitment, but there was something like 90% effort out there rather than the 100% which should be demanded of Premier League players.

Lighthouse

We can colour this any way we like. But the end of the season along with this game has been an embarrassment. I don't care how good City are. They were only a goal up at half time. Then we surrendered and all went on a picnic and played with our kites.

Frankly the way this season has collapsed is a real worry.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope


LittleErn

Quote from: filham on May 11, 2024, 02:44:54 PMOh, I forgot to ask why their third goal was not given as offside ,ok the player that scored wasn't but the one that just missed was and he was clearly interfering with play.
Regrettably he was played on by whoever was in our left back position.

SerbianLad

Quote from: LittleErn on May 11, 2024, 02:55:07 PM
Quote from: filham on May 11, 2024, 02:44:54 PMOh, I forgot to ask why their third goal was not given as offside ,ok the player that scored wasn't but the one that just missed was and he was clearly interfering with play.
Regrettably he was played on by whoever was in our left back position.
Traore

demeant0r

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 11, 2024, 02:47:28 PMWe can colour this any way we like. But the end of the season along with this game has been an embarrassment. I don't care how good City are. They were only a goal up at half time. Then we surrendered and all went on a picnic and played with our kites.

Frankly the way this season has collapsed is a real worry.

To be fair, they could've been 2-3 up before half time. We played equally poor in both halves.


bog

I seem to recall Luton and Forest each giving them a game with Forest grabbing a draw. 

Twig

I don't care what Marco says, we've been on the beach for weeks now. This was poor with no redeeming features and we've been equally poor for too long now.

demeant0r

I'm quite worried for our defence next season. For their first goal, the goal scorer skipped Diop and he didn't even bother to press him after that before taking the shot, just strolled and watched him score.


Super Mick

Quote from: filham on May 11, 2024, 02:44:54 PMOh, I forgot to ask why their third goal was not given as offside ,ok the player that scored wasn't but the one that just missed was and he was clearly interfering with play.

The offside rule is a mess. Take Real Madrid the other night. When the ball was initially passed to Rudiger he was onside but joselu was in an offside position. Then Rudiger squared the ball but joselu was behind the ball so the goal was given. If joselu wasn't interfering then I don't know anymore

Bill2

Quote from: filham on May 11, 2024, 02:44:54 PMOh, I forgot to ask why their third goal was not given as offside ,ok the player that scored wasn't but the one that just missed was and he was clearly interfering with play.
Same as the goal at their ground, it is only offside if it happens against them. This is clearly written on the brown envelopes all the officials get.

alfie

Quote from: Super Mick on May 11, 2024, 03:38:40 PM
Quote from: filham on May 11, 2024, 02:44:54 PMOh, I forgot to ask why their third goal was not given as offside ,ok the player that scored wasn't but the one that just missed was and he was clearly interfering with play.

The offside rule is a mess. Take Real Madrid the other night. When the ball was initially passed to Rudiger he was onside but joselu was in an offside position. Then Rudiger squared the ball but joselu was behind the ball so the goal was given. If joselu wasn't interfering then I don't know anymore
Was he not being played on side by whoever it was in left back position?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't


H4usuallysitting


AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 11, 2024, 02:47:28 PMWe can colour this any way we like. But the end of the season along with this game has been an embarrassment. I don't care how good City are. They were only a goal up at half time. Then we surrendered and all went on a picnic and played with our kites.

Frankly the way this season has collapsed is a real worry.

Have to agree with this - a collapse from a very good position.

I'm afraid there is only one person responsible & that's Marco. He is in charge, takes the plaudits or the criticism's. He builds the team, chooses how to play the opposition & selects an appropriate team with the right substitutes

The end of term report would read "An underwhelming finish to our season. Must work harder learning from the errors (always the best way to learn). Please apply the 6 P's - Piss Poor Preparation = Piss Poor Performance.

For those recently lauding Marco as our best ever manager.... well maybe not yet?

Unfortunately for us Crystal Palace have shown how to end a season & jumped above us!

So disappointing & unnecessary

Fulhamish.....
       


Whitestone

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on May 11, 2024, 05:21:36 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 11, 2024, 02:47:28 PMWe can colour this any way we like. But the end of the season along with this game has been an embarrassment. I don't care how good City are. They were only a goal up at half time. Then we surrendered and all went on a picnic and played with our kites.

Frankly the way this season has collapsed is a real worry.

Have to agree with this - a collapse from a very good position.

I'm afraid there is only one person responsible & that's Marco. He is in charge, takes the plaudits or the criticism's. He builds the team, chooses how to play the opposition & selects an appropriate team with the right substitutes

The end of term report would read "An underwhelming finish to our season. Must work harder learning from the errors (always the best way to learn). Please apply the 6 P's - Piss Poor Preparation = Piss Poor Performance.

For those recently lauding Marco as our best ever manager.... well maybe not yet?

Unfortunately for us Crystal Palace have shown how to end a season & jumped above us!

So disappointing & unnecessary

Fulhamish.....
       



Calm down. It was Man City. They do it to everyone. And as for Crystal Palace, well they were crap when we were decent and in Olise, Eze and Mateta they have far better attacking options than we do. Congratulations to Marco who has given us another season in the Premier League.  Lets hope the club support him in the transfer market this summer.


Jules

Quote from: Twig on May 11, 2024, 03:13:23 PMI don't care what Marco says, we've been on the beach for weeks now. This was poor with no redeeming features and we've been equally poor for too long now.
Agree, it's been really poor for the last few games. On the beach FC. Lots of work to do on transfers and prep this summer I think.

LittleErn

I don't think we've been « on the beach » but I do think we've been off the pace in  key positions; probably due to the age of some of our key players.