News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Finland v England

Started by filham, October 13, 2024, 11:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

After the terrible performance against Greece what are we expecting from England this afternnon.
Surely we can aviod back to back defeats but can we make it worth while missing Fulham for this wretched international break.

White Knight

England are a wounded Lion, so i expect a very strong response, as they will want to bounce back and be ruthless.
It will be interesting to see the starting line up.

Lighthouse

I expect a chance to nod off around the fifteen minute mark. Then wake up and put the little heater on as I will be cold. Come forty minutes I will go down and make a cup of tea. Then in the second half start reading and probably put on some music.

At the end of the game the so called wounded lion would have won or lost but will take of its ballet tou tou and little ballet shoes and I will see what there is to watch tonight.

We always have hope it will be entertaining. But deep down we know.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope


Colton F.C.

Completely new tactics on which they have at least twenty five minutes to prectise, half hearted (at best) singing of the national anthem and most of the team wishing they were still with the under 21s.

filham

Team is looking more conventional and Harry Kane may be at centre forward, we should be thinking of nothing less than a 3-0 win.

Woolly Mammoth

There cannot be a repetition of the performance or system of play from the other night.
So i expect the wounded Lion to growl and bite back, and keep Finland in the Lions mouth.

Because if you cannot handle the Lion Cub, don't mess with his father.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.


Yorkie_FFC

#6
From a commercial point of view I can understand these fixtures but from a fans and players point of view, I really can't understand them at all. If it was a franchise system you could easily justify sending players off to different parts of the world but when you "own" the players contract and need them at the weekend it makes a mockery making them playing fixtures for ultimately not many are bothered about. Since the World Cup predates the Euros by about 30 years, I would even say I would prefer to have an extended World Cup but scrap all of the continents country tournaments.

H4usuallysitting

I've just seen the starting lineup....bit strange that we're starting with 3 goalkeepers

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 13, 2024, 02:15:53 PMI've just seen the starting lineup....bit strange that we're starting with 3 goalkeepers

That's the Finland team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.


alfie

Quote from: Yorkie_FFC on October 13, 2024, 01:48:27 PMFrom a commercial point of view I can understand these fixtures but from a fans and players point of view, I really can't understand them at all. If it was a franchise system you could easily justify sending players off to different parts of the world but when you "own" the players contract and need them at the weekend it makes a mockery making them playing fixtures for ultimately not many are bothered about. Since the World Cup predates the Euros by about 30 years, I would even say I would prefer to have an extended World Cup but scrap all of the continents country tournaments.
I'm curious to know how you know the players are not bothered about it, because the players I know/knew loved playing for their country.
I myself love international football.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 13, 2024, 02:15:53 PMI've just seen the starting lineup....bit strange that we're starting with 3 goalkeepers

I'm not far off.... Alex Armlong is playing in his regular spot as left back....what do I know

Fulham 442

Glad to see Pickford dropped...


Cobh Fulham Fan

Come on guys, Ireland put two past Finland on Thursday night. Surely England will be good for at least four goals.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on October 13, 2024, 05:11:12 PMCome on guys, Ireland put two past Finland on Thursday night. Surely England will be good for at least four goals.
Well we've scored one now so 🤞

H4usuallysitting

Am I the only one that's bored.... I'm off to watch some paint


filham

England on top and 1-0 up at half time but it would be nice to see some shots on goal.
Lets hope we get a couple in the second half and come home with a respectable 3-0 win.

iansthailand

Jesse Joronen ex FFC on bench for Finland.

The King

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 13, 2024, 02:35:57 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 13, 2024, 02:15:53 PMI've just seen the starting lineup....bit strange that we're starting with 3 goalkeepers

That's the Finland team.

It's not though.


Woolly Mammoth

#18
Quote from: The King on October 13, 2024, 06:21:39 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 13, 2024, 02:35:57 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 13, 2024, 02:15:53 PMI've just seen the starting lineup....bit strange that we're starting with 3 goalkeepers

That's the Finland team.

It's not though.

My reply was tongue in cheek. The clue is in the word " starting. "
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Come November we are to be treated to yet another boring international break, the third this season. As with the daft World Club Championship next summer another tournament not needed.


Thank you and good night