watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

why not use Okaka?

Started by epsomraver, March 14, 2010, 03:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Why oh Why did we sign Okaka if we do not use him?, 2-0 down nothing to lose and we have Nev with a dodgy toe! BZ gone back to donkey status  come on Roy sort it out, Okaka cannot play on Thursday so he was ideal to bring on.

TonyGilroy

I'm disappointed we're not using Okaka but it may be that Nevland got on today because he's available for Thursday and needs playing time.

epsomraver

Good point but BZ could have done with a rest, he was not doing well.

leonffc

Because he is an attacker and Woy hates attacking away from home. God forbid we try and score

alfie

Maybe without being rude someone should ask Roy why he does not give BZ a rest when all is lost, Okaka could have the last 15 minutes, would have made no difference whatsoever then, although saying that he is quick and he might have got a goal.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Okaka can run with the ball while Nevland needs a pass played through to him. With the skill of Greening and Murphy threading the ball through you dare to ask why not Okaka. It all went sour when Duff came on. Still Roy has never been the brightest at subs.Why not bring on KD instead of Greening. A game we were always going to lose would have been a good run out for these players and they would not be needed for Thursday. It makes no sense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Brede Butter Pudding

I have to say I'm not particularly unhappy about offloading Nevland in the summer. I don't think he's prem standard and I would have loved to have seen Okaka feature rather than him. What is Nevland going to bring to the game that Okaka can't? United was never a game we were going to get anything from and I'm not too upset about the result, but this lad needs to be given a run, he's a real handful for defenders and would have been far more effective than Nevland

DevonFFC

hence why he put nevland on, because he wants to increase the little value he has.

CorkCity

Okaka is rubbish , harsh but true , never a prem player.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Brede Butter Pudding

On what judgement? What a ridiculous statement.

CorkCity

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on March 14, 2010, 06:18:35 PM
On what judgement? What a ridiculous statement.

If that is aimed at me ,its on the judgement that he is rubbish , never a prem player , Roy made a mistake with this guy , he know's it, thats why he don't play

finnster01

Quote from: ollienixs on March 14, 2010, 05:46:50 PM
hence why he put nevland on, because he wants to increase the little value he has.
He doesn't have any value at all because his contract is up in the summer. He is off on a free.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

alfie

Cork.C i am also slightly intrigued by that statement, how can you make this judgement when he has not played more that about 60 minutes and in that time he scored.

At least give the guy around 4 or 5 games, but if that really is your opinion then fair play to you.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

leonffc

Quote from: alfie on March 14, 2010, 06:28:00 PM
Cork.C i am also slightly intrigued by that statement, how can you make this judgement when he has not played more that about 60 minutes and in that time he scored.

At least give the guy around 4 or 5 games, but if that really is your opinion then fair play to you.

I'm with Cork here because a) he has just accepeted me on facebook b) I'm in a bad mood with Woy's attacking insticts / signings

finnster01

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on March 14, 2010, 04:12:51 PM
I have to say I'm not particularly unhappy about offloading Nevland in the summer. I don't think he's prem standard and I would have loved to have seen Okaka feature rather than him. What is Nevland going to bring to the game that Okaka can't? United was never a game we were going to get anything from and I'm not too upset about the result, but this lad needs to be given a run, he's a real handful for defenders and would have been far more effective than Nevland
That is a bit of a big assumption. He's scored 1 goal and missed several sitters BZ style from last season.

Nevland has proven he can finish and score goals, in fact some very important and crucial goals. But he is not getting younger. However, the Italian Paddy has proven nothing and he's certainly not been a handful for anybody yet. That is just wishful thinking. There's a reason Roy has him sitting.

CorkCity

Not fair play , tell it how it is , Okaka wont start again unless we are really hit by injuries , Gera is useless as well ,Davies best days are gone  and Kelly is a liability , Roy will sort all this out , he knows.

Brede Butter Pudding

Okaka is being rounded into a Fulham player but Roy, but he is not yet ready to start, too raw. Gera and Bobatov have been our best attacking partnership to date, and are a major reason behind our success this season. I agree about Davies, his legs seem to have gone, but Kelly was one of our best players today, particularly considering he was up against Evra and their most adventurous player in Nani.

alfie

Quote from: finnster01 on March 14, 2010, 06:33:17 PM
That is a bit of a big assumption. He's scored 1 goal and missed several sitters BZ style from last season.

Nevland has proven he can finish and score goals, in fact some very important and crucial goals. But he is not getting younger. However, the Italian Paddy has proven nothing and he's certainly not been a handful for anybody yet. That is just wishful thinking. There's a reason Roy has him sitting.

how can he be a handful to anyone if he can't get on the pitch
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

finnster01

And to this date today is the only time I have used the word "good" and "kelly" in the same sentence.

finnster01

Quote from: alfie on March 14, 2010, 06:41:46 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on March 14, 2010, 06:33:17 PM

how can he be a handful to anyone if he can't get on the pitch
Exactly my point. Roy doesn't think he can be.