News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Riverside Stand - Sink or Swim ?

Started by EN1 FFC, September 11, 2025, 07:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Ronic

Quote from: Alec of good Stock on September 11, 2025, 01:21:23 PM
Quote from: Holders on September 11, 2025, 09:47:01 AMWhen you're an immigrant who arrives in a country with virtually nothing and become so very, very, excessively  wealthy it's just a drop in the ocean to indulge one's hobbies with what one will never miss. What it does is to cement Fulham to the site and make staying in the PL essential - so investment in the football side. So if it takes a few of the prawn sandwich brigade to achieve that then so be it.

I remember the old Riverside stand being built at about £200k, wasn't it? There was criticism at the time that the money should go into the team instead, with Portsmouth cited as an example and for a while they were successful. The argument was that to build a new stand would be even more expensive in the future - and wasn't it!

All to stop us changing ends at half time....
I think that £250,000 was the figure that was banded around for many years. I used to stand on the riverside terrace and wasn't happy when I had to move the the Hammersmith End.

Just googled that. £250,000 then is £42 million now 😳

SP

In the Benfica programme I recently acquired, Tommy Trinder mentioned the first estimate was £10,000 but the final cost rose to more than £200,000.

Holders

Quote from: SP on September 11, 2025, 04:36:59 PMIn the Benfica programme I recently acquired, Tommy Trinder mentioned the first estimate was £10,000 but the final cost rose to more than £200,000.

Which is why they wanted to do it when they did, I often wonder if it was worth it. We couldn't watch the boat race any more either.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria


Woolly Mammoth

and the half a crown I dropped on the Riverside Terracing is buried under the new stand which will make it even more difficult for me to find.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 11, 2025, 07:46:36 PMand the half a crown I dropped on the Riverside Terracing is buried under the new stand which will make it even more difficult for me to find.
and you have a financial investment in the stand Woolly.