News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Chairman

Started by MickTheBeard, August 31, 2026, 01:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

The money we have spent on players which are not suited to the English premier league and his son thinks by playing blow football this managers job is easy I'll change the whole structure in a month.Then get us relegated and then disappear for a season while we flounder getting rid of them not fit for the purpose players.That Leaves a chairman with a club to sell which is not profitable and will cost him a lot of money surely now Tony's days a numbered.

Jim©

Really weird that your grammar/punctuation is questionable, yet you use the possessive apostrophe on 'Tony's'.
It couldn't possibly be that you're having us on????


The Old Count

Have you considered getting some therapy for this obsessive dislike for people you've never met, who have ploughed the thick end of a billion quid into the club, who haven't done any of the things you constantly accuse them of?
I can recommend someone if you like.


Andrew

Whilst I am not sure I agree with OP entirely as I think things have moved on a bit since TK was originally let loose on transfers.

But I do think that when MAF took over he brought in top professionals to run the club on his behalf and had a clear focus on what he wanted to achieve. Unfortunately he reigned in his ambition was  when it was clear the supporters did not want to leave the Cottage and move to White City, he said something along the lines of the supporters love the ground more than success and he restricted his spending accordingly. But we remained a fundamentally well run club in which top people ran things.

I have yet to see our management ever having that focus or professionalism. The only time we have ever looked stable as a team was when Marco joined and TK was stood down from transfers, but that is not the same as having sufficient professionals of the correct grade running the place.

True the PR is better, even if the ticketing on the web site needs a PHd to work. I also do not like that long term supporters are no longer treated as well looked when the most fundamental thing as having your ticket reserved for cup games is not always in force, that is a real kick in the teeth for loyal supporters that have such a long unbroken bond with the club.

We should have been way better than we currently are by now. With Marco we had a real chance to kick on from being a mid table side to  being able to challenge for top 8 or even top 6 place regularly... I didn't say achieve that but properly challenge. We have simply failed to take or even attempt to take that opportunity.

There is way less connection between the supporters and the club, it doesn't really feel like a club anymore. I used to know the man on the gate (who let my kids jump over the barrier for free when they were little), the female steward that lodged some of the young players and told me 'the gossip.' The current stewards don't know which block is which or where any of the seats are when the tourists come in, we have to direct them to the proper seats.

It does not feel like a club anymore.... I will remain no matter what but it's not the same.


terryr

I think deep down he secretly fancies TK.All of this is deflection in order to prevent this revelation becoming known.
That or he is hammered when he writes these posts