News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


❄️ Winter silly season transfer thread 2026/2027 ❄️

Started by FFC007, September 08, 2026, 06:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus Telford

I assume as usual we'll offload Andersen/Tete first before spending any money on the position.

GK is probably the other priority for investment but again that'll probably be left for next summer.

Can't see us doing any more in January than a defender on loan.

@jolslover

Wonder if we will go after an RB again (Dest, Ratiu, Boey)? Also be interesting to see if we still want to sign a RW (linked with Asprilla deadline day).
STH H3

LC

I think Aaron Ramsdale would be a very interesting purchase if we're looking at the goalkeeper position. I was reading somewhere he's out of favour at Southampton despite them paying a lot of money for him a few seasons ago. I think the price could be reasonable and he's only 28 years old. Played two full seasons at Arsenal finishing 5th and 2nd. I personally think he's good and he'll find his form back with us. Him and Leno would actually be pretty good as you know one of them will likely perform.


FFC1987

Quote from: LC on September 24, 2026, 02:17:09 PMI think Aaron Ramsdale would be a very interesting purchase if we're looking at the goalkeeper position. I was reading somewhere he's out of favour at Southampton despite them paying a lot of money for him a few seasons ago. I think the price could be reasonable and he's only 28 years old. Played two full seasons at Arsenal finishing 5th and 2nd. I personally think he's good and he'll find his form back with us. Him and Leno would actually be pretty good as you know one of them will likely perform.

Its a hard no from me. Expensive and on decent wages and is the 4th choice GK'er at saints in the championship for a reason. The lads heads gone and even when I thought he was pretty good back in the day, I was never really convinced.

hovewhite


Hatch007

Quote from: Angus Telford on September 24, 2026, 12:51:29 PMI assume as usual we'll offload Andersen/Tete first before spending any money on the position.

GK is probably the other priority for investment but again that'll probably be left for next summer.

Can't see us doing any more in January than a defender on loan.
If that were our usual MO we would have sold Tete to Everton at the end of the last window but we blocked it because we didn't have a replacement in


Southcoastffc

Quote from: Angus Telford on September 24, 2026, 12:51:29 PMI assume as usual we'll offload Andersen/Tete first before spending any money on the position.

GK is probably the other priority for investment but again that'll probably be left for next summer.

Can't see us doing any more in January than a defender on loan.
re a 'keeper I see that 19 years old Dino Kaiser is the 3rd keeper who is involved in our pre match warm up.  He went on loan to Uxbridge last August but came back shortly afterwards in view of lack of match time. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Angus Telford

Quote from: Hatch007 on September 24, 2026, 05:30:30 PM
Quote from: Angus Telford on September 24, 2026, 12:51:29 PMI assume as usual we'll offload Andersen/Tete first before spending any money on the position.

GK is probably the other priority for investment but again that'll probably be left for next summer.

Can't see us doing any more in January than a defender on loan.
If that were our usual MO we would have sold Tete to Everton at the end of the last window but we blocked it because we didn't have a replacement in

If it wasn't our usual MO we'd have bought Affengruber before Diop went, Charles before Lukic, Garcia before Jiminez, and Palacios before Wilson.

btffc

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 24, 2026, 07:35:02 AMI suspect Fulham would want Castagne to either renew with us beyond June 2027 or sign someone else with a decent transfer fee during January 2027. Carvajal is a decent 1st choice right-back until June 2027 and squad player after that.

We have a 1 year option on Castagne until 2028


Hatch007

Quote from: Angus Telford on September 24, 2026, 06:26:21 PM
Quote from: Hatch007 on September 24, 2026, 05:30:30 PM
Quote from: Angus Telford on September 24, 2026, 12:51:29 PMI assume as usual we'll offload Andersen/Tete first before spending any money on the position.

GK is probably the other priority for investment but again that'll probably be left for next summer.

Can't see us doing any more in January than a defender on loan.
If that were our usual MO we would have sold Tete to Everton at the end of the last window but we blocked it because we didn't have a replacement in

If it wasn't our usual MO we'd have bought Affengruber before Diop went, Charles before Lukic, Garcia before Jiminez, and Palacios before Wilson.
so what? Charles, Garcia and Palacios were all in before the start of the season.

If we hadn't have sold Diop when we did Ipswich might have moved on. Then you'd have been moaning even more about the age profile of the squad and about us letting another player run down his contract if no one else had come in for him.

WindyCity

I'm a bit confused.  I've noticed in last couple of 'Fulham Stuff' threads that FFC is 'supposedly' looking at Thomas Frank as possible AA replacement.  I thought his sacking was put on the back burner after some recent better performances (2 draws).  Surely the next three games will be very important in determining the teams' future, and possibly AA's too.  I just think this speculation is way too early on, and the team may very well bounce back to respectability. 

WindyCity

Been reading a bit about Garnacho.  Not happy at Villa, still mostly riding the bench.  Been around for a while now, but still only 22 yo.  I don't know what this guys' problem is, just isn't able to settle in somewhere.  Some reports say kid has bad attitude, and may find himself outside the PL soon.  I think there is a terrific player there.  Head scratcher for me.....



Hatch007

If we could recoup somewhere close to what we paid for Leno and bring in a new number one, that would be some very tidy business in January.

What do we think of Illan Meslier who is currently #3 at Arsenal?

I've never looked at his stats but the eye test from his time at Leeds always struck me as pretty decent and he's still only 26. For a GK he's got plenty of years ahead of him potentially

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Hatch007 on September 29, 2026, 11:11:55 PMIf we could recoup somewhere close to what we paid for Leno and bring in a new number one, that would be some very tidy business in January.

What do we think of Illan Meslier who is currently #3 at Arsenal?

I've never looked at his stats but the eye test from his time at Leeds always struck me as pretty decent and he's still only 26. For a GK he's got plenty of years ahead of him potentially
You must not have seen him very often then. He was terrible for Leeds. Awful shot stopping numbers, both in the PL and then in the Championship. He was also quite error prone. There's a reason they replaced him when promoted last season.


Snibbo

Quote from: Chi_FFC on September 29, 2026, 11:18:28 PM
Quote from: Hatch007 on September 29, 2026, 11:11:55 PMIf we could recoup somewhere close to what we paid for Leno and bring in a new number one, that would be some very tidy business in January.

What do we think of Illan Meslier who is currently #3 at Arsenal?

I've never looked at his stats but the eye test from his time at Leeds always struck me as pretty decent and he's still only 26. For a GK he's got plenty of years ahead of him potentially
You must not have seen him very often then. He was terrible for Leeds. Awful shot stopping numbers, both in the PL and then in the Championship. He was also quite error prone. There's a reason they replaced him when promoted last season.

His blooper reel is extensive

Hatch007

Fair enough. I'll take both your collective word for it re Meslier. I did find it a little strange when I saw he was now only #3.

So who, if anyone, might be available in January as an PL-ready #1 GK if Leno moves to Bayern?


Chi_FFC

Quote from: Snibbo on September 29, 2026, 11:36:11 PM
Quote from: Chi_FFC on September 29, 2026, 11:18:28 PM
Quote from: Hatch007 on September 29, 2026, 11:11:55 PMIf we could recoup somewhere close to what we paid for Leno and bring in a new number one, that would be some very tidy business in January.

What do we think of Illan Meslier who is currently #3 at Arsenal?

I've never looked at his stats but the eye test from his time at Leeds always struck me as pretty decent and he's still only 26. For a GK he's got plenty of years ahead of him potentially
You must not have seen him very often then. He was terrible for Leeds. Awful shot stopping numbers, both in the PL and then in the Championship. He was also quite error prone. There's a reason they replaced him when promoted last season.

His blooper reel is extensive

Yup. Gaffe prone and a poor shot stopper is a terrible combination in a GK. It really is kind of amazing how long Leeds stuck with him.


Jim©

Quote from: Hatch007 on September 30, 2026, 12:14:24 AMFair enough. I'll take both your collective word for it re Meslier. I did find it a little strange when I saw he was now only #3.

So who, if anyone, might be available in January as an PL-ready #1 GK if Leno moves to Bayern?



Elia Caprile from Cagliari has been good over the last few years. Wouldn't cost the earth, still relatively young too.
Christos Mandas at Lazio. His stats are through the roof and again still young (not too expensive and wages about 1/6th of what leno is supposedly on).

I'd go abroad as I'm not sure that there's that many here I'd like (who aren't currently playing)- Pope, Ramsdale etc none are any better or worse than Leno IMO. Plus players here seem stupidly overpriced. Don't mind the look of Shea Charles' brother either but is he ready for a number 1 spot?