News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Chelsea charged re:sectarian chants during Fulham match.

Started by Simunch, September 25, 2026, 03:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simunch

Chelsea have been charged by the Football Association over alleged discriminatory behaviour by fans during their win at Fulham at the start of the Premier League season.

Chants included "Flute for 50 Pence" (including "F*** the Pope and the IRA") in the 9th minute. The FA charged the club under Rule E21 for failing to stop improper/offensive supporter behaviour that referenced religion or belief. Chelsea had already emailed fans warning of possible bans for such chants.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/crvgyw9qnpl3o

Neutral Zone Ultra

They were so quiet I didn't even hear it at the game.

cookieg

I do find this really bizarre that the club can be fined for failing to stop its fans singing. How on earth can they stop anyone singing anything? Rather than fine the club they should be made to play games behind closed doors.


SP


Simunch

Quote from: cookieg on September 25, 2026, 05:57:48 PMshould be made to play games behind closed doors.

Wouldn't that penalise the teams and fans of the clubs they are playing against?

Colton F.C.

This is a low bar even by Walham Green standards.  They should give up on the football and stick to greyhounds.


onecupsoon


Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: SP on September 25, 2026, 06:13:05 PMPersonally, I find all their songs offensive.
Impressive that they managed to get charged given their only chant is CHELSEA CHELSEA CHELSEAAAAA CHELSEA x100

F(f)CUK

Another good reason to not like them. They can mop up the horrible supporters and we will have the decent ones.


Jims Dentist

They could have simply sung Penny Arcade to get their message across.

Hugh Janus


3 pigs

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on September 25, 2026, 10:10:19 PM
Quote from: SP on September 25, 2026, 06:13:05 PMPersonally, I find all their songs offensive.
Impressive that they managed to get charged given their only chant is CHELSEA CHELSEA CHELSEAAAAA CHELSEA x100

Is there anything more offensive?


jarv

I decided many years ago I would never go to Chelsea again after some bad experiences. I occasionally go to watch Charlie Cooke, if they were playing a team that one of my mates supports. That was a long time ago and have never been back since. Charlie is a long time retired, living in America. I met him when I lived there, had a good chat, he was a lovely bloke. I mentioned Chelsea and his response was odd....I dont really want to go there. Probably due to the drinking culture of the players there. The players were always out and about in the pubs around there.

jarv

oops. sorry about the bad use of English in my brief comment