more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (01/12/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 01, 2011, 07:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

The European sideshow

Fulham get their ultra busy December schedule underway with a trip to Holland. The top two clash in Group K, but having already qualified, how motivated will Twente be?

With Liverpool, United and Chelsea all looming in the fixture list, the Whites may be forgiven for downgrading the importance of Thursday night's Europa clash at Twente Enschede. Fulham can probably afford to drop points here but still qualify by beating Odense at the Cottage in our last group game on the 14th. That game incidentally comes ahead of two home fixtures in four days - lowly Bolton and then Fergie's faltering champions - yes, United may be playing catch up to arch rivals Citeh, but any game against the Old Trafford all stars remains daunting.

The main concern for our paper thin squad going forward to January will be keeping injuries to a minimum. And that's something you simply cannot legislate for in football. A major loss for the season in defence was seeing Grygera damage his anterior cruciate ligament, and in the most innocuous of challenges against Spurs. So, in reality our biggest games in the coming month are the likes of Swansea, Bolton and Norwich - unsung sides off whom it's imperative we take points. If we don't - and both Swansea and the Canaries are on their patch, Fulham will be going into the 2nd half of the season well shy of 20 points - and that spells the spectre of relegation.

Put like that, it doesn't make for much seasonal cheer. Sure we like to cheer Fulham on in every game, but you'll forgive me if I see Thursday's trip to Holland as a bit of a sideshow. Once I saw the game confirmed on TV I cancelled my travel plans. Dare to be greedy and wish for further nights of Europa Cup glory in 2012 by all means if you will, but not at the expense of slipping out of the Prem. None of us want that.

© Getty Images

Anyway, we are a professional and well run football club with a battery of big internationals and no doubt Jol will send out the best team he'll feel he can field to give Twente a contest. After the way we turned out the lights at Arsenal there's no reason for fear. I'm expecting the core of our first team with maybe two or three changes and AJ given a start. Let's look for a bit of sparkle, maybe from an unexpected source, and give it our best shot. Both sides looked evenly matched at the Cottage until we ran out of steam, and Jol will surely have one eye on Liverpool's visit Monday. Does he risk Zamora, or Sa after his two reserve team run outs?

My feeling? Our ironclad defence will turn in a typically resilient European away night, and with the Dutch already through, the game will end all square. Hope our travelling fans enjoy themselves in this most hospitable part of Europe and act appropriately.

And that the scattering of mouthy cretins around me at the back of the stand in Cracow have all had their travel plans ruined by today's industrial action. We don't need them at Fulham.

COYW! The game is there to be accessed through Setanta, ESPN etc across different territories so remember, it's no crime to shout the side on from the sofa...I do it all the time.

Twitter@fulhamphil

http://blogs.soccernet.com/fulham/archives/2011/11/the_european_sideshow.php?

WhiteJC

Preview: FC Twente v Fulham (Thurs)

Damien Duff and Simon Davies will sit out Fulham's Europa League Group K encounter with FC Twente in Holland on Thursday.

The Dutch side have already qualified for the last 32 and Fulham will join them with a win, or if their game is a draw and Odense and Wisla Krakow also share the spoils in Thursday's other group encounter.

Fulham's cause, however, is not helped by the absences of wide midfielders Duff and Davies, with the former set to miss out with a calf problem. Davies has been out for a while with a knee knock.

With former Twente man Bryan Ruiz cup-tied, Cottagers boss Martin Jol is short on wide options, so Moussa Dembele – back from a European suspension – could drop back, allowing forward Andrew Johnson to continue a fine scoring run in Europe this season.

Republic of Ireland defender Stephen Kelly is fit and should start at right back after a thigh injury. Fellow right back Zdenek Grygera is out for up to six months with a knee knock. Midfielder Steve Sidwell, meanwhile, has had a hernia operation and is unlikely to face the group leaders.

Twente's top scorer, the Austrian striker Marc Janko, is a doubt and if he does not play then the home side's formation may be switched around to allow Leroy Fer a start in midfield.

Nacer Chadli and Luuk de Jong are among the men to watch, according to Ruiz who knows the Twente squad very, very well. The sides drew 1-1 at Craven Cottage in their opening game in the group in September.

Fulham (from): TBC

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/11/30/Preview-FC-Twente-v-Fulham-Thurs/gnid-119892/?

WhiteJC

Why Twente will beat Fulham in a high-scoring affair
The Dutch side are very strong at their De Grotsch Veste stadium, where bucket loads of goals have been scored this season.

Fulham's trip to Twente in the Europa League on Thursday represents a homecoming of sorts for manager Martin Jol, as the affable Dutchman returns to his native land for what should be a real test of his side's continental credentials.

The hosts are odds-on to beat Fulham at 19/20, which on the surface may seem a tad small, but considering their home form this season it actually looks like a decent bet.

The team from the unappealingly industrial town of Enschede are unbeaten at the De Grolsch Veste stadium in the current campaign.

The one defeat so far for the leaders of the Eredivisie, AZ Alkmaar, came away to Twente, while Portuguese side Benfica, currently posing Manchester United all sorts of problems in the Champions League, could only manage a 2-2 draw away at Twente in their qualifying play-off for the tournament.

It is results such as these which perhaps explain why Jol's men are priced at 29/10 to win in Holland, while the draw is available at 23/10.

If only two things in life are certain, they being death and taxes, allow me to suggest the possibility of a third item being added to that list – more than 2.5 goals in this game.

A decent-sized investment in a Twente win is well worth considering, then, and the man who could give them that victory is striker Luuk de Jong.

Both Newcastle and Liverpool are said to be monitoring the progress of the exciting forward, who, with 11 goals this season for club and country, has established himself as one of the most impressive players in the Dutch top flight.

Seven of those goals have come at home and on six occasions he has scored the final goal of the game. Back him at 5/1 to score the last goal against Fulham or at 7/5 to score at any time.

Against English opposition and with the possibility of a move to the Premier League, De Jong will no doubt be desperate to impress any visiting scouts.

If only two things in life are certain, they being death and taxes, allow me to suggest the possibility of a third item being added to that list – more than 2.5 goals in this game.

Twente's home ties have seen an absurd amount of goals this term. In the eight home games between their first fixture of the season in front of their own fans – a 2-0 win over AZ Alkmaar – and last Sunday's goalless draw against Vitesse Arnhem, every single encounter had more than three goals.

In fact, these six matches all had more than 3.5 goals. While Fulham on their travels have not been prolific, the game on Thursday looks likely to see plenty of attacking action and the most enticing bet of the night may well be the 2/1 offered on a Twente victory coupled with more than 2.5 goals in the game.

http://bwinbetting.com/twente-beat-fulham-high-scoring-affair,10612.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham Enter Hugo Rodallega Race

Richard Heathcote - Getty Images

So the rumours are all ready resurfacing about where our Colombian striker will be heading this January; that is if the club can't agree a new contract for him. It has recently appeared this week that Fulham are looking to make a move for the striker and get it wrapped up ahead of the January window.

Hugo who has yet to score this season, has been an important player at the club since signing under Steve Bruce in January 2010. We paid £4.5 million for the striker, so any fee for the player must come on that or over that fee. So a rumoured £3 million bid by Fulham is not acceptable.

Rodallega talking to the Sun newspaper said all he is concentrating on his getting his first goal for Wigan this season and to help keep us in the Premier League. Moving anywhere else is not at all in his mind.

Hugo said:

"At the moment I can think only about Wigan, I know the club wants me to stay but there is still plenty of time for us to talk.

"There are many rumours about my future but I am focused on saving Wigan. The Premier League is the best in the world. I came here to triumph, not fail."

"Each day I dream about my first goal this season,I have never lived through a bad run like this and it's normal that I should be worried."

"What's happened to me is incredible and I'm very unhappy at my lack of goals. I'm not doing anything different - just suffering a very bad run.

"I am a striker and I've not forgotten how to score. I certainly feel for the fans who have supported me so well since my arrival."

http://www.pieeatersfootie.com/2011/11/30/2600385/fulham-enter-hugo-rodallega-race?

WhiteJC

Europa Team News

On Wednesday evening Martin Jol revealed the latest team news ahead of Thursday night's UEFA Europa League clash against FC Twente in Holland.

"Chris Baird stayed at home for personal reasons and Clint Dempsey has a slight thigh problem," Jol explained. "We've got 21 players with us for Thursday night's match."

The Whites will also be without Steve Sidwell, who is recovering from a hernia operation whilst Damien Duff and Stephen Kelly are back in contention after missing last weekend's 1-1 draw with Arsenal at the Emirates.

Fulham's lengthy 2011/12 European campaign has already been well documented but Jol maintains that the Whites have been able to take the additional fixtures in their stride.

"Tomorrow will be our 27th game but FC Twente have played a lot of games as well," the Manager stated. "I'm in favour of a winter break but it's impossible in England. We're working fine and our injury problems are not dramatic. I'm quite satisfied.

"There's more goals in us. We created plenty of chances in our recent away games - it's a matter of confidence and it coming right like it did against QPR."

Twente have already qualified for the Round of 32 but Jol dismissed notions that the home side will take it easy on Fulham.

"I think they'll think about changing the line-up but they will want to perform at home," he said. "They're getting bigger and bigger as a club. It's a very nice club and over the last few years they've been champions and moved to Champions League level. They've got a good structure and organisation and they're playing good football."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/JolTwenteTeamNews.aspx?#ixzz1fGbt1ZZA

WhiteJC

Premier League clubs spend £71.8m on agents: City top list of big spenders

The major investments that Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool have made to their squads in the past 12 months saw them pay a combined total of £24.3million in agents fees.

The Barclays Premier League have published the table for payments made by clubs to agents for the period between October 1, 2010 and September 30, 2011 and it revealed an increase on the previous year's total from £70.7million to £71.8million.

Not surprisingly, the current league leaders (£9.7million), Tottenham (£7.6million) and Liverpool (£7million) dominated the first three places, having either significantly reshaped their playing staff or made significant new outlays.

Big spenders: City have - unsurprisingly - become the top-flight's biggest spenders on agents in the past 12 months

During the period, City smashed their transfer record when signing Sergio Aguero from Atletico Madrid and supplemented his arrival with other big name buys such as Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy and Edin Dzeko.

Tottenham's determination to push for the title and return to the Champions League has seen them pay out for players like Scott Parker, Steven Pienaar, while Emmanuel Adebayor was a high-profile addition on loan.

Liverpool have been no less dynamic in their recruitment drive and the Fenway Sports Group Era has seen them make Andy Carroll the most expensive English player in history and add Luis Suarez, Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson, Jose Enrique and Charlie Adam to their ranks.

Big spenders: Chelsea haven't had much return from their £50m investment in Torres

That Chelsea, who have signed Fernando Torres, David Luiz, Juan Mata and Romelu Lukaku, came fourth in the table, paying out £6.5m. Current champions Manchester United, meanwhile, fees totally a relatively modest £4.5m.

If there were no surprises at the top, the names in the bottom three failed to provide any shocks, too with Norwich (£900,000), Wigan (£660,000) and Swansea (£240,000) occupying those positions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2068187/Premier-League-clubs-spend-71-8m-agent-fees.html#ixzz1fGcDPxzA

WhiteJC

Payments to Agents 2010/11

As a requirement of the Football Association Agents' Regulations, it is necessary for each club to publish the total Agents' Fees paid during the period 1 October to 30 September each year.

The following is Fulham's disclosure: £951,254 (exc VAT).

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/PaymentstoAgents.aspx?#ixzz1fGcnIPVs

WhiteJC

Baird and Dempsey miss Twente clash
by DAN on NOVEMBER 30, 2011

Fulham manager Martin Jol has revealed that he will be without the services of defender Chris Baird and midfielder Clint Dempsey for tomorrow night's Europa League against FC Twente.

Chris Baird stayed at home for personal reasons and Clint Dempsey has a slight thigh problem. We've got 21 players with us for Thursday night's match.

Jol will also be without Steve Sidwell as the midfielder continues to recover from a hernia operation, although Republic of Ireland pair Damien Duff and Stephen Kelly are both available for selection after their injury lay-offs. The Fulham manager has shrugged off questions about fatigue despite Fulham's season starting in June.

Tomorrow will be our 27th game but FC Twente have played a lot of games as well. I'm in favour of a winter break but it's impossible in England. We're working fine and our injury problems are not dramatic. I'm quite satisfied.

Jol also believes Fulham can be more prolific in the final third.

There's more goals in us. We created plenty of chances in our recent away games – it's a matter of confidence and it coming right like it did against QPR.

He has dismissed suggestions that Twente might take their foot off the gas tomorrow night, having already qualified from Group K:

I think they'll think about changing the line-up but they will want to perform at home. They're getting bigger and bigger as a club. It's a very nice club and over the last few years they've been champions and moved to Champions League level. They've got a good structure and organisation and they're playing good football.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/11/baird-and-dempsey-miss-twente-clash/?

WhiteJC

Twente v Fulham: Both teams to be fairly happy with a point

Michael Lintorn suspects that neither Twente nor Fulham will be too saddened by a draw when they collide on Thursday teatime...

Twente v Fulham, Thursday 18:00 BST, ESPN, Match odds: Twente 2.02, Fulham 4.3, The Draw 3.55

Fulham have a chance to steal top spot in Europa League Group G by beating table-topping Twente in Enschede, but in reality they won't be too disappointed if they return to England with a draw to match the one earned at Craven Cottage.

Their hopes of victory aren't helped by the fact that none of the 13 visitors to the De Grolsch Veste since Villarreal in this competition last April have triumphed, with the likes of Eredivisie leaders AZ Alkmaar, Benfica and PSV falling short there since.

The reality of the situation is that second place in the Europa League is far less of a disadvantage than it is in the Champions League, and a share of the spoils will see Fulham join Twente in the last 32 with a game to spare if Odense and Wisla Krakow tie.

Both clubs have important fixtures over the weekend with the Cottagers welcoming Liverpool and Twente heading to formidable hosts Utrecht, so may be tempted to rest a few players in a clash that needn't prove decisive to their campaigns.

That's not to suggest that they will conspire to draw, however on the basis of their results so far this season, neither need much help in that department, and 3.55 is a surprisingly chunky price.

Fulham have been held in precisely half of their domestic outings and each of their last two, while Twente have drawn four in seven - and three in six at home - including their last two as well. Given that their initial meeting ended level, a repeat is hardly unthinkable.

Over/under 2.5 goals

Both teams have goals in them, as evidenced by Fulham's 6-0 demolition of QPR a few months back and Twente scoring three or more on ten occasions already this term, but neither have scaled those heights of late.

The west Londoners have netted two in three - and both of those own goals - while the hosts fired their first blank in 22 games against Vitesse on Sunday, so side with under 2.5 goals at 1.95.

Best Bet: The draw @ 3.55
Other Recommended Bet: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.95

http://betting.betfair.com/football/uefa-cup/twente-v-fulham-both-teams-to-be-fairly-happy-with-a-point-281111.html?

WhiteJC

Schwarzer's Desire

During Wednesday evening's pre-match press conference in Holland, Mark Schwarzer was asked how he copes with the physical and mental demands of playing Club and international football for Fulham and Australia.

Schwarzer clearly relishes every fixture and is certainly not ready to take his foot off the gas in the next few years as he targets the 2014 World Cup Finals and further European and domestic success with Fulham.

"When people ask me about the travelling, especially with the national team and the amount of games I play, I always say that it's a mental approach," Schwarzer explained. "You're a long time retired and there's plenty of time to recuperate once you've finished playing football.

"When you talk about the demands of the Premier League – yes, they are tough but you're playing in one of the best leagues in the world and you wouldn't expect it to be any different.

"For me, I want to play for my national team as much as possible. It's an honour for me and whenever I get the opportunity to play I will take it.

"I want to play as many games as I can and when you come to play in Europe, you just learn to adapt. A lot of it is about your mental approach and of course your fitness.

"Off the back of the season that we reached the Europa League Final, in a campaign in which I played 70 games, I went to a World Cup. If that's not enough to lift anyone then nothing will. You want to be successful and together with the Team as long as possible."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/SchwarzerEuropaPreview.aspx?#ixzz1fGdY9oga

WhiteJC

Schwarzer eager for more success

Mark Schwarzer has rejected any suggestions of retirement being on the horizon as he targets more success with Fulham and Australia.

The Australian goalkeeper, now 39, admits that travelling to represent his country can be gruelling at times but he is keen to continue his international career at another World Cup – in Brazil in 2014. He hopes to figure prominently for Fulham, with whom he reached the Europa League final back in 2010, as well. Speaking before Fulham's latest Europa League tie with FC Twente, Schwarzer left the assembled press pack in doubt as to the extent of his determination:

When people ask me about the travelling, especially with the national team and the amount of games I play, I always say that it's a mental approach. You're a long time retired and there's plenty of time to recuperate once you've finished playing football.

When you talk about the demands of the Premier League – yes, they are tough but you're playing in one of the best leagues in the world and you wouldn't expect it to be any different. For me, I want to play for my national team as much as possible. It's an honour for me and whenever I get the opportunity to play I will take it.

I want to play as many games as I can and when you come to play in Europe, you just learn to adapt. A lot of it is about your mental approach and of course your fitness.

Off the back of the season that we reached the Europa League Final, in a campaign in which I played 70 games, I went to a World Cup. If that's not enough to lift anyone then nothing will. You want to be successful and together with the Team as long as possible.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/11/schwarzer-eager-for-more-success/?

WhiteJC

Douglas: We will do everything to win

FC Twente defender Douglas insists his side will not take tomorrow's UEFA Europa League encounter with Fulham lightly despite having already made the knockout stages.

The Eredivisie side is unbeaten in Group K and have secured progression to the last 32, while the Cottagers need a win to join them. "This actually serves to motivate us to keep playing well and play better and always adding more points," Douglas said.

It will certainly be a game full of difficulties and emotions.
Douglas, FC Twente defender

"We have a very good campaign and the idea is to reach the next phase keeping this great sequence, so we will continue to seek victories. It will certainly be a game full of difficulties and emotions.

"The group stage is in its final rounds, we are in good condition, but Fulham will come with everything to win and secure a win. But we will do everything to get another win and finish this phase undefeated."

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1550170.html?cid=rssfeed&att=

WhiteJC

JOL SINGS ZAMORA'S PRAISES

Fulham manager Martin Jol believes Bobby Zamora is one of the Premier League's best target men and is capable of leading the England line at Euro 2012.

The 30-year-old has flourished at Craven Cottage since joining from West Ham in 2008, leading to several call-ups to the England team.

Zamora started for Fabio Capello's side against Sweden earlier this month and Fulham boss Jol believes the London-born striker will go to Poland and Ukraine next summer.

However, the Dutchman rejected the notion that Zamora could struggle with fatigue due to Premier League and Europa League exertions.

"We feel we have a situation where we have players that can replace him if it is getting a problem," said Jol, whose side face FC Twente on Thursday evening.

"I think he has a good rhythm now and if there is a physical problem, he will tell me. We will make an assessment and I feel Bobby is a typical number nine for us.

"He is different playing for England and, while you can always pick up an injury, I feel he has a great chance of going to the European Championships.

"Bobby is a target man and holds up the ball. He does that very well and is probably the best in England or one of the best.

"The only thing you hope for is by the end of the season he gets an average of 10 or 12 goals and I am 100 per cent certain [he will].

"Clint [Dempsey] did that before as a wide player, scoring 13 goals in the league."

Zamora impressed in Saturday's 1-1 draw against Arsenal, although quotes from Jol after the match suggested he needs to become more prolific.

Asked about the comments, the Cottagers manager said: "No, I said there are more goals in us, [from] Clint Dempsey, Andrew Johnson, Bobby Zamora, Mousa Dembele and Bryan Ruiz.

"I think there are more goals in us but it is only about scoring once. I am 100% certain we will do that and defensively we are good. In the last 10 games away from home we conceded six.

"In the last five in the league, we conceded three so we are pretty organised and we create chances, as you saw against Arsenal.

"Against Sunderland and against Wigan - when we won 2-0 - we were very close.

"The thing is, like we did against Wigan, we had six or seven attempts and we scored two.

"Against Spurs we had 28 attempts and only scored an own goal so it is only a matter of confidence and getting it right, like we did against QPR.

"We scored six and it all came together so there are goals in us."

Jol will be hoping everything falls into place as Fulham look to progress to the Europa League knockout stages.

The west Londoners lie second in Group K behind Twente, but know that victory in Holland will seal their progression to the last 32.

"I feel that they will probably think about changing the line-up but not in the way we do in England," Jol said of the side he played for between 1979 and 1982.

"There could be two, three or four other players, but they are at home so have to show what they are capable of.

"Twente have developed into a very good club. When I was here they were getting [crowds of] 10,000 and now they are getting over 20,000 all the time.

"It is getting bigger and bigger so getting results goes with that responsibility.

"They have showed that over the past three or four years."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/11/30/SOCCER_Fulham_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165

WhiteJC

Fulham duo out of Europa tie
Team news for Thursday night's Europa League clash between FC Twente and Fulham at De Grolsch Veste.

Dempsey: Ruled out

Clint Dempsey and Chris Baird have not travelled for Fulham's Europa League tie on Thursday night.

Dempsey will miss the clash with a thigh complaint, while Northern Ireland defender Baird is out due to personal reasons.

Steve Sidwell remains out with a hernia injury, although Orlando Sa, Damien Duff and Stephen Kelly have all travelled to Holland after recovering from injury.

Fulham (from): Schwarzer, Etheridge, Somogyi, Riise, Kelly, Hangeland, Hughes, Dembele, Briggs, Kasami, Duff, Murphy, Gecov, Etuhu, Dempsey, Frei, Johnson, Zamora, Sa.

http://www.football365.com/match/3447390/preview?

WhiteJC

A draw would suit both sides as Fulham travel to FC Twente
A repeat of Craven Cottage stalemate looks to be on the cards in Holland

Already qualified FC Twente could take their foot off the gas as Martin Jol returns to his homeland for Fulham's next Group K clash.

Fulham need a victory to guarantee progression, and the 2010 Europa League finalists are a big 3/1 to pick up a victory in Holland.

Jol, who turned out for Twente as a player, is likely to select a strong side, as he looks to appease fans who dare to dream in this competition following their terrific run in 2010.

A draw would likely suffice for the visitors though, who go into the match with seven points, and 12/5 is a fair price offered on this outcome bearing in mind the sides played out a 1-1 stalemate at Craven Cottage.

It's 6/1 for another 1-1 draw and that could prove a shrewd punt.

The home side, Champions League competitors last year, have nothing to play for with qualification already certified, but are still odds on at 10/11 to come out on top in the match.

The former Dutch champions currently sit third in their domestic table, above the likes of Ajax and Feyenoord, whilst Fulham have struggled to find their feet under Jol as of yet domestically, and are placed 15th in the Premier League.

Both sides look strongest going forwards, and the respective outfits boast players with impressive European goal scoring and assist records for the campaign.

Andy Johnson has hit five goals to rise to second in the race for the Europa League golden boot, and he is very big at 8/1 to notch the first goal in this tie.

Meanwhile, the home side will likely field Ola John, brother of former Fulham striker Collins, and he has been impressive in registering four European assists this season.

The likes of striker Marc Janko can prosper from John's tricky play, and could prove a fruitful bet to find the net first at 5/1.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/europa-league/a-draw-would-suit-both-sides-as-fulham-travel-to-fc-twente_083606.html

WhiteJC

Jol heaps praise on Zamora
Fulham boss sings striker's praises

Bobby Zamora: Rated as one of the Premier League's top target men by Jol

Martin Jol has hailed Fulham striker Bobby Zamora as one of the Premier League's top target men and has backed him to lead the England line at Euro 2012.

The 30-year-old has flourished at Craven Cottage since joining from West Ham in 2008, leading to several call-ups to the Three Lionsteam.

Zamora started for Fabio Capello's side against Sweden earlier this month and Fulham boss Jolbelieves the London-born striker will go to Poland and Ukraine next summer.

However, the Dutchman rejected the notion that Zamora could struggle with fatigue due to Premier League and UEFA Europa League exertions.

Praise

"We feel we have a situation where we have players that can replace him if it is getting a problem," said Jol, whose side face FC Twente on Thursday evening.

"I think he has a good rhythm now and if there is a physical problem, he will tell me. We will make an assessment and I feel Bobby is a typical number nine for us.

"He is different playing for England and, while you can always pick up an injury, I feel he has a great chance of going to the European Championships.

"Bobby is a target man and holds up the ball. He does that very well and is probably the best in England or one of the best.

"The only thing you hope for is by the end of the season he gets an average of 10 or 12 goals and I am 100 per cent certain [he will].

"Clint [Dempsey] did that before as a wide player, scoring 13 goals in the league."

Zamora impressed in Saturday's 1-1 draw against Arsenal, although quotes from Jol after the match suggested he needs to become more prolific.

Goals

Asked about the comments, the Cottagers manager said: "No, I said there are more goals in us, [from] Clint Dempsey, Andrew Johnson, Bobby Zamora, Mousa Dembele and Bryan Ruiz.
"I think there are more goals in us but it is only about scoring once. I am 100% certain we will do that and defensively we are good. In the last 10 games away from home we conceded six.

"In the last five in the league, we conceded three so we are pretty organised and we create chances, as you saw against Arsenal."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7343720/?

WhiteJC

FC Twente    v    Fulham

Europa League
Venue: FC Twente Stadion Date: Thursday, 1 December Kick-off: 1800 GMT Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 live and ESPN

Jol will be without Clint Dempsey and Chris Baird for the trip to Twente

Fulham manager Martin Jol is planning to make changes for the trip to face his former side FC Twente.

Jol - who played for the Dutch side between 1979 and 1982 - will definitely be without Clint Dempsey and Chris Baird.

Forward Dempsey has a thigh problem while defender Baird is out due to personal reasons.

Jol said: "Twente have developed into a very good club. It is getting bigger and bigger and are getting results."

Steve Sidwell remains out with a hernia injury, but Orlando Sa, Damien Duff and Stephen Kelly are all available while Bryan Ruiz could features against the side he left to join the Cottagers in the summer.

Fulham are three points adrift of Twente and need all three points to draw level with the Dutch club, who are unbeaten in this season's competition and have already qualified.

"Thursday will be our 27th game of the season but FC Twente have played a lot of games as well," Jol added.

"I'm in favour of a winter break but it's impossible in England. We're working fine and our injury problems are not dramatic. I'm quite satisfied."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15867389.stm?

WhiteJC

Fulham announce further Craven Cottage consultation

Fulham have announced that they are soon to embark on another round of consultation about their plans to redevelop Craven Cottage.

The club detailed the results of an online questionnaire in an email to supporters earlier this afternoon. More than 3,000 fans responded to the survey on the club's official website last month, with 94% of respondents saying they were in favour of Fulham staying at Craven Cottage and expanding the stadium to a 30,000 capacity. 75% said that the Riverside Stand was the most appropriate one to develop and 72% chose the riverside walk as the best product of a redevelopment.

The club have also announced three dates for their consultation forum at the Johnny Haynes Cafe in Stevenage Road, which are as follows:

Thursday 8 December 2011 (10am–12 noon; 4pm–8pm)

Friday 9 December 2011 (10am–12noon; 4pm–8pm)

Saturday 10 December 2011 (10am–3pm)

More information about the plans will appear on a special website from December 8th.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/11/fulham-announce-further-craven-cottage-consultation/?

WhiteJC

DOUGLAS: NO LETTING UP

FC Twente defender Douglas insists his side will not take the Europa League encounter with Fulham lightly despite having already made the knockout stages.

The Tukkers are unbeaten in Group K and have secured progression to the last 32, while the Cottagers need a win to join them.

"This actually serves to motivate us to keep playing well and play better and always adding more points," Douglas said.

"We have a very good campaign and the idea is to reach the next phase keeping this great sequence, so we will continue to seek victories.

"It will certainly be a game full of difficulties and emotions.

"The group stage is in its final rounds, we are in good condition, but Fulham will come with everything to win and secure a win.

"But we will do everything to get another win and finish this phase undefeated."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/holland/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/11/30/SOCCER_FC_Twente.html

WhiteJC