News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why would he want to go either of these?

Started by epsomraver, May 06, 2010, 12:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

According to the BBC gossip from the Daily Mirror,  Birmingham and Bolton are battling it out to sign Konch who has 12 months left on his contract

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Brum has been linked with him before,not sure why? has he any family down there?

Jimpav

Brum have got money now but I'm not sure what else they can offer him.

Konch has been with us a while now and seems quite happy but I expect it would boil down to if he gets offered an extension here.

Rupert

The words, "One last payday," are the ones you want here. He has just turned 29 and his next move or contract extention is probably going to be his last chance to make a significant contribution to his retirement fund, so if either club offered him (and us) daft money then he would probably accept.
Also it depends on his plans post playing career. If, for example, he wanted to take his coaching badges he might find Brum or Bolton offering him a place in their academy to bring along the under-14s or whatever with higher responsibilities once he hangs up his boots, a bit like us and Mark Pembridge.
Time will tell if this is just paper talk.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

tjl

Trust in Roy after the Bullard thing , he knows best. :045:

alfie

I am afraid that like any other job if a better offer comes along then most of us would probably go for it, i know we go on about loyalty but at the end of it it is their career and financial security. I was at FFC for 8 years loyalty did not come into it when i was made redundant, bloody hell not even a pay off came my way.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Scrumpy

What part of the Club did you work in Alfie? I often wonder whether working for the Club you support is a sure-fire way of making you all bitter and twisted when it all goes wrong. Are you still as keen as you were, or did the experience mean that you now support the Club a little less than you did before?
:028:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

finnster01

Quote from: alfie on May 06, 2010, 06:55:27 PM
I am afraid that like any other job if a better offer comes along then most of us would probably go for it, i know we go on about loyalty but at the end of it it is their career and financial security. I was at FFC for 8 years loyalty did not come into it when i was made redundant, bloody hell not even a pay off came my way.
Sorry to hear that Alfie and I don't blame you or anyone else who were in the same situation.

It is like  electricity. It will take the least path of resistance, just like water, or money. Sometimes bad things happen along the way. Fulham or no Fulham.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

lamby

Bullard had a choice between a £1m package from Fulham or an £8m package from Hull for his last 'payday' - no brainer. If Konch gets offered something similar he will take it (but hopefully showing a bit more class than Bullard).

It might just be his manager talking up his salary.