watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff...(11/05/10)

Started by WhiteJC, May 11, 2010, 07:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=785020&sec=uefaeuropaleague&cc=5739&cc=5739
Pantsil confident of Fulham glory

John Pantsil believes that Fulham have earned the right to be known as one of the biggest clubs in the land thanks to their incredible Europa League exploits this season.

A win over Atletico Madrid in Hamburg on Wednesday would cap a memorable season for the Cottagers, who started their 18-match European campaign back in July.

Pantsil, who joined Fulham in 2008, believes the Cottagers will finally get some deserved recognition thanks to the run - and has backed his team-mates to pull off another shock win against Atletico.

''When I came to the club I knew they'd do well, I knew the club played good football but to get to the Europa League final after beating who we've beaten is just incredible,'' the Ghana defender said.

''We have come a long way in this tournament. We started all the way back in July in Lithuania, that wasn't easy. Then we went to Bulgaria and we had to go to Russia and Italy so it has been a very long journey for us.

''Now no-one can call Fulham a small club because of what we have done. We have got this far after working so hard that we are not going to let this opportunity go easily. We deserve to win it.''

Pantsil is a doubt for the game after being substituted in the second half of Sunday's defeat at Arsenal with a thigh injury. Should Pantsil overcome the knock, his appearance at the final would represent a remarkable comeback for the 28-year-old, who thought his season was over when he picked up a cruciate ligament injury in Fulham's derby with Chelsea in December.

"When I got injured I thought I was going to miss out on the World Cup, The African Nations Cup and the rest of the season so now I'm happy that I'm back,'' the former West Ham man said. ''When I had to sit out I was feeling terrible. It was frustrating sitting on the sidelines watching my colleagues playing and doing so well.

''It was strange because I was happy that they were winning though because I knew that if they continued then I would be able to come back and play towards the end of the European campaign. I told myself that I had to work hard just in case that when I got back I would be able to play in the competition so I think I have come back at a good and exciting time.''

Hodgson has two back-up options in Chris Baird and Stephen Kelly, should Pantsil fail to overcome his injury, but the 62-year-old will be more concerned about the fitness of key duo Damien Duff and Bobby Zamora, who remain doubtful despite training on Monday

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/al-fayed-tell-fulham-board-he-will-not-sell-831851
Al Fayed to tell Fulham board he will not sell up

Mohamed Al Fayed has no plans to sell Fulham.

The Times says at a board meeting, Al Fayed, the chairman, will tell his fellow directors that, despite his sale of Harrods, the department store, for £1.5 billion last week, he will not dispose of the football club.

"Fulham Football Club and Harrods are completely separate legal entities," a source close to Al Fayed said last night. "If you sell your house, it doesn't mean you sell your car. But if you sell your house, you might have more money to upgrade your car.

"It is utterly untrue that the club will be sold. Mr Al Fayed is as committed as ever; he wants to have his gateaux and eat it. He may now take an even greater interest in the running of the club.

"It is up to Mr Al Fayed and Roy to discuss whether there is more money available and they will be talking. Roy usually has a free hand. He is the master of his own kingdom and it could be that Fulham will become bigger in the grand scheme of things."