watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackpool away is a MUST

Started by Admin, July 26, 2010, 01:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Came back Sunday from 3 days up there and it was fantastic! The place is unbelievable heaving with stag/hen parties with sh1t loads to do. During the day, the sea front which stretches for miles is full of bars, arcades, karaoke places, sea life centers, bungee jumps, crazy golf, indoor water parks, Blackpool Pleasure Park, go-carting, the beach, you name it, it's got it!

The place itself behind the sea front is a bit run down but there are B & B's for miles so you won't have any trouble getting somewhere to stay. We stayed a mile away from all the action as to get some peace but a cab into town is only £3.50 or if you chose to can get the tram. Accommodation ranges from £10 a night up but we paid £40 each which got us a plush B & B with breakfast included, bar, flat screen TV, free WiFi, spar etc.

Blackpool Pleasure Park is awesome! Its £30 entry all day but if you book it online you get £10 off. You can come and go as you please with a wrist band and the Big One (Pepsi Max) is out of this world. There is so much to do in there that we didn't even touch half of it but I'd advise to get in early and do the big rides before it gets packed.

During the evening, well, what can I say! I've never seen a place like it. If you like your drink, cocktail bars, entertainment, night clubs, and women you will be lost with what to do. It is crammed from wall to floor with the lot and by the time I came back, I needed glasses, seriously and if you're (cough, cough) partial to a big pair, let's just say that there must be something in the water up at Blackpool.

As a place, it doesn't take the p1ss with prices either. On Friday night, average price per pint is £2 with a £1 entry to bigger club/bars. On the Saturday night, prices rise a bit up to £3 a pint but it's still not overly priced. They have Europe's biggest night club there call Sanuk which ranges over 7 floors and again it's awesome, well worth a look if you're into that kind of scene.

On a whole, Blackpool does contain some big northern lumps who can look a little intimidating at times but they are actually quite friendly. The women are mad and are not afraid to have a good time and if anything, they run the joint, not the men. There was no trouble what so ever and everyone was enjoying there selves.

I will be going back on the 8th of August when we play Blackpool and again and I will be going from the Friday to the Sunday to make another beano of it. Great laugh and I'd advise you go in a group to heighten the experience.       

Nick the Swede

Now I'm even more convinced that we made a good choice for the first trip of the season ;) 

Just hope we can secure tickets to the actual game too  :023:
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Burt

Its a very seasonal place...

In summer, as you say, its a top destination. The place rocks.

In mid-winter, the place is dead. Have been there a couple of times for conferences in February and there's nothing going on.

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Burt on July 26, 2010, 01:49:37 PM
In summer, as you say, its a top destination. The place rocks.

In mid-winter, the place is dead. Have been there a couple of times for conferences in February and there's nothing going on.

You just described the island where I live. It's manic here now, but very slow in the winter.

Follow the link to some pictures from last wednesday afternoon:
http://stureplan.se/bilder/nattklubb/kallbadhuset/2010/07/22

Good thing we had a lucky draw then ;)
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

My Nan used to run the yates wine lodge in Blackpool in the 60's an early 70's so I know the place very well,and as you correctly pointed out the girls run the place and are pretty game for anything.I wouldn't try walking around the place looking for trouble because you find it bigtime, and you will get a kicking,etheir off the "big Northern lumps" or the old bill-they deal with this every weekend and don't go in softly softly at all   :dft008: :dft008: -because of this you will hardly every see any bother at all apart from that you'll have a ball AND the southern accent will be a "Bird Puller" down there as you'll be classed as "exotic" :005: :005: :005:

Admin

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 26, 2010, 02:19:57 PM
My Nan used to run the yates wine lodge in Blackpool in the 60's an early 70's so I know the place very well,and as you correctly pointed out the girls run the place and are pretty game for anything.I wouldn't try walking around the place looking for trouble because you find it bigtime, and you will get a kicking,etheir off the "big Northern lumps" or the old bill-they deal with this every weekend and don't go in softly softly at all   :dft008: :dft008: -because of this you will hardly every see any bother at all apart from that you'll have a ball AND the southern accent will be a "Bird Puller" down there as you'll be classed as "exotic" :005: :005: :005:

They were creaming their 'you know what's' as soon as they heard our southern accents.

leonffc

I have always stated that I will never go to such a tacky sh****le, and some mates that recently came back from a stag do backed up my theory (and they came back Sat instead of the intended Mon)!!!
I did however try and convince my Mrs that we should go there as I have the two weeks each side of that off work and it would have been a shame to waste a 'gift from the fixture computer'. I told her that I've always wanted to go but she then realised that the fixtures were released that day and has memories of me slating the place when she expressed an intrest years ago.

So its off to Cornwall!! Which I'm not too worried about as I've never been right down the bottom and its a lot nicer than 'oop there'. The only problem is that its Manure the day I get there and a load of Cornish in their Man Utd shirts is going to wind me up more than the Northern birds with their tattoos!
So sorry Admin, I'm not about for that one, even though it will probably be a laugh and the most saught after away fixture being August Bank Hol.

mrska

Im worried they may move the date if there ground isn't finished in time.  Deffo gonna go though..  i know Chez is interested aswell..

FatFreddysCat

Did you manage to rump any Northern tottie Scotty?

licker

Quote from: mrska on July 27, 2010, 04:16:37 PM
Im worried they may move the date if there ground isn't finished in time.  Deffo gonna go though..  i know Chez is interested aswell..

No problem there MrSka, only the 1st fixture (Wigan at home) has been changed to an away game, they said that no other fixture would need to be altered.

Bill (a northern lump) :011:

watfordwhite

anybody brave enough to book a hotel yet? Or are we all waiting for the tickets to be released? It will be like the European tour but wetter.  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Fred you will be missing out on that Northern beer!!!  :011: