watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dancing Girls

Started by SouthfieldWhite, August 08, 2010, 07:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Look out for a new dance troupe coming to a football pitch near you very soon,  was never keen on the Cravennettes but at least these girls look over 12.

White Noise

You are joking SW?

This sort of stuff never had a hayday and was always a dated, desperate sort of marketing schtick. Why revive it now?

I like to see woman objectified and degraded in pointless, random, unrelated circumstances as much as the next man but it would be just bizarre if the they unvelied another new look SW6'ers now!

SouthfieldWhite

No joke White Noise, not sure they will be doing a dance routine every game and as far as i know there is only 4 of them, they are alot prettier than the cravennettes but that isnt exactly hard as what i can remember of the cravennette , they looked about 12 with loads of make up to hide their spots ;-)

I did have the pleasure of meeting the clubs sponsors yesterday and  they want to do load of fun things with the fans and asked me for any ideas, so if anyone got any ideas that will be fun for the fans and help promote the sponsors, please let me know, nothing silly like our fattest fans having a nude race across the pitch though ;-)

ron

I think we should play safe, and avoid upsetting supporters' sensitivities with a String Quartet, featuring mainly the works of Haydn.  If we want to get a bit lairy, then there is always Shostakovitch or Bartok.........?

YankeeJim

Quote from: White Noise on August 08, 2010, 08:45:34 PM
You are joking SW?

This sort of stuff never had a hayday and was always a dated, desperate sort of marketing schtick. Why revive it now?

I like to see woman objectified and degraded in pointless, random, unrelated circumstances as much as the next man but it would be just bizarre if the they unvelied another new look SW6'ers now!

I have to agree with this post. That is, unless they are 20 something buxom & scantily clad. sometimes I disgust myself ogaling women this way unless they are 20 something buxom & scantily clad.   :012:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 08, 2010, 08:53:57 PM

nothing silly like our fattest fans having a nude race across the pitch though ;-)

Well if they decide silly is ok, Fred can would certainly be available for this for event, I'm sure he could be bought a few pints.  :dft012:

Nick the Swede

Not again!

I like ladies as much as the next guy, but this has no place at football!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

boxhockcycsock

Quote from: ron on August 08, 2010, 09:28:38 PM
I think we should play safe, and avoid upsetting supporters' sensitivities with a String Quartet, featuring mainly the works of Haydn.  If we want to get a bit lairy, then there is always Shostakovitch or Bartok.........?

String quartet? I thought we were talking string bikini?

http://www.spike.com/video/laker-girls-tryout/3007193    :004:

As long as they aren't dancing during the football, I'll support it.
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

Lighthouse

I remember the Abba tribute band (very good ) turning up for a pre game entertainment which felt odd at a football game. Brass bands always went down well. But dancing girls all seem a bit tacky at football grounds. Done well like the top cheer leaders then fine. But the West Ham Cravennotonyoulife were just NOT very poor.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...bring back the Sally Army!

If we have to endure pre-match entertainment I would prefer it to be football related like topless ladies football like 'String Up The England International' or 'Guess The Size Of The Backhander In Harry's Brown Envelope'!

After all you don't get a comedian warm up act giving cookery lessons!

It is always good to see a fellow Fulham fan get their moment of glory on the Craven Cottage pitch, a couple of seasons ago they had that thing where they put large mats on the pitch and fans took pot-shots at the goal, they could develop that idea, and maybe give that slot to the runner up drawn out of the Fulham Flutter. Also it is always good to see the ball juggling entertainers (don't say a word Freddy) with their keep-uppies etc.,

But in my opinion, cheer leader style troupes are an embarrassment in football in this day and age - not sure my son agrees with me though..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

Perhaps there could be some half time fox hunting?

I'm sure there would be a few particpiants from the Riverside stand (Apologies in advance to the usual suspects).

YankeeJim

So what will we call them? The Fulham Floozies?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

chez

WOW....is all i can say to that!  Will make my half time so much more enjoyable!  :dft012: