watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cahill banned for 3 games

Started by bucksfulham, April 24, 2018, 04:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucksfulham

https://www.newsatden.co.uk/67009-millwall-icon-banned-as-fulham-star-let-off-the-hook.html

Dirty washed up Aussie Cahill banned for 3 games for elbowing Freddo. Mitro not punished.

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Splendid news, that will give him something to chew on.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Interesting that the Millwall fans reckon Sky have got it in for their team, I suppose we all feel that we don't get the right treatment.

Interesting also that Cahill's still playing. I remember a Millwall fan I worked with over 15 years ago talking about him so he must be getting on. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

At first glance it looks bad by Mitro but, looking at it properly, it was just a dismissive contemptuous swing that didn't make contact. Still a bit silly though.

Andy S

I don't think mitro made contact and that is why he wasn't banned

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Holders on April 24, 2018, 04:59:06 PM
At first glance it looks bad by Mitro but, looking at it properly, it was just a dismissive contemptuous swing that didn't make contact. Still a bit silly though.
Looks bad by Mitro at 2nd, 3rd and 4th glance too!.  Lined him up to take him out and also kicked out at him!  VERY lucky if he does escape.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulham76

That's the first time I've seen or heard of Mitrovic retaliation. That was almost a cracking left hook & the fact he got away with it, even better

terryr

Holders

Quote from: Statto on April 24, 2018, 06:19:50 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on April 24, 2018, 05:55:06 PM
That's the first time I've seen or heard of Mitrovic retaliation. That was almost a cracking left hook & the fact he got away with it, even better

my initial reaction was the same but then i thought, that was about 10 min from the end of the match when we were 2-0 up. had mitro got sent off it could have put the result in jeopardy and him being suspended would seriously diminish our chances of beating sunderland and brum. i expect jokanovic will actually be saying to him, you were bloody lucky there mate, don't do that again

In choice, concise Serbo-Croat.

Milo

He got his punishment this afternoon. Did you see his face at the signing event? Ha ha

Twig

Quote from: Milo on April 24, 2018, 06:27:23 PM
He got his punishment this afternoon. Did you see his face at the signing event? Ha ha

Did you go Milo?  Interested how it went, was Mitro a bit sulky or what?

Milo

Quote from: Twig on April 24, 2018, 06:51:06 PM
Quote from: Milo on April 24, 2018, 06:27:23 PM

Did you go Milo?  Interested how it went, was Mitro a bit sulky or what?

No no unfortunately not. I just saw the Instagram clips... he was fine Im sure!

Jem

Makes a change for us to get the rub of the green.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Jem on April 24, 2018, 06:58:41 PM
Makes a change for us to get the rub of the green.

Got to say we've been getting that for a good while now. It's scary. Maybe the whole 'you make your own luck' adage is true.

Fulham76

Quote from: Statto on April 24, 2018, 06:19:50 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on April 24, 2018, 05:55:06 PM

my initial reaction was the same but then i thought, that was about 10 min from the end of the match when we were 2-0 up. had mitro got sent off it could have put the result in jeopardy and him being suspended would seriously diminish our chances of beating sunderland and brum. i expect jokanovic will actually be saying to him, you were bloody lucky there mate, don't do that again

Yeah, I get that, potentially very costly but he got away with it this time, which was nice because Cahill deserved a good kicking for that challenge.

Cahill wasn't so tough laying on the floor when Mitro wanted a piece of him.

Also, (and I know there are better ways to show it), but shows Mitro's commitment to the team by looking out for his teammate.