more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (29/05/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 29, 2018, 06:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Chelsea fans would like to sign Ryan Sessegnon this summer

Chelsea supporters are eager to bring Ryan Sessegnon to Stamford Bridge after the player's latest performance in the English Championship play-off final at Wembley.

Sessegnon was again at the heart of a Fulham victory, assisting Tom Cairney's goal with a sublime through ball that split the Aston Villa defence and sent the Cottagers up into the English Premier League.

Still just 18 years of age, the £22.5m-rated winger is undoubtedly one of the finest talents in the country and will no doubt be a wanted man when the transfer window opens.

His performance capped off what was been a wonderful season for the teenager, during which he has scored a fantastic 16 goals and assisted eight more. Three of those direct goal contributions came in the play-offs, demonstrating he has a big game mentality.

Blues fans believe he's a talent they should be looking at this summer, taking to Twitter to share their thoughts on a potential move to Stamford Bridge...

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/chelsea/chelsea-fans-would-like-to-sign-ryan-sessegnon-this-summer

WhiteJC

Liverpool fans want to sign Ryan Sessegnon after his play-off performance

Liverpool fans are eager to sign Ryan Sessegnon after his performance in the Championship play-off final at Wembley on Saturday.

Sessegnon was again at the heart of a Fulham victory, assisting Tom Cairney's goal with a sublime through ball that split the Aston Villa defence and sent the Cottagers up into the English Premier League.

Still just 18 years of age, the £22.5m-rated winger is undoubtedly one of the finest talents in the country and will no doubt be a wanted man when the transfer window opens.

His performance capped off what was been a wonderful season for the teenager, during which he has scored a fantastic 16 goals and assisted eight more. Three of those direct goal contributions came in the play-offs, demonstrating he has a big game mentality.

Reds fans believe he would be a great option for Liverpool next season and can progress massively under the guidance of manager Jurgen Klopp.

They took to Twitter to share their thoughts on a potential move...

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/liverpool/liverpool-fans-want-to-sign-ryan-sessegnon-after-his-play-off-performance

WhiteJC

Real work begins for £160m jackpot winners

Fulham can now start building for the Premier League after their £160m (€182m) return to the top flight but their biggest victory could be keeping the players they have.

Ensuring Ryan Sessegnon stays is imperative, with the youngster involved in all three goals the West Londoners scored during the play-off games, including a delightful pass to set up Tom Cairney's winner against Aston Villa.

Fulham coach Slavisa Jokanovic insists the 18-year-old has no intention of leaving.

"He is really happy where he is right now," said Jokanovic. "The player wants to stay and we will see what happens."

Midfielder Cairney is confident the side will not be broken up.

"People are coming to the end of contracts but this team is in the Premier League, based in London,'' he said. ''It's an attractive club."

One player whose future is in serious limbo is Aleksandar Mitrovic. The on-loan Newcastle United striker wants a permanent switch to Craven Cottage.

"I want to thank the staff and players at Fulham," he said. "They gave me support and love. I would like to stay of course - but I'm still a Newcastle player."

Villa will now spend a third season outside the Premier League and with it more difficulty in meeting financial fair play requirements.

Permanent signings of goalkeeper Sam Johnstone, wingers Robert Snodgrass and Josh Onomah along with striker Lewis Grabban, all of whom were on loan, now seem out of the equation.

John Terry is likely to leave and they face difficulty keeping Jack Grealish (above).

Meanwhile, DC United remain hopeful that Wayne Rooney will soon join them from Everton.

Rooney was in the American capital Washington DC this week for talks about joining the Major League Soccer side.

"There is interest in Wayne Rooney from our end and I think there is interest from his end too," DC United head coach Ben Olsen said after his side's 1-1 draw at LAFC in Los Angeles on Saturday night.

"I hope it can get over the line because he's a very good player who can help us. He would be a great player for this league." (© Daily Telegraph, London)

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/real-work-begins-for-160m-jackpot-winners-36952282.html

WhiteJC

Soccer: Fulham facing decisions over crucial loanees ahead of Premier League return

LONDON (Reuters) - After sealing their Premier League return with a 1-0 victory over Aston Villa in the Championship playoff final on Saturday, Fulham's attention will already be turning to next season, with the future of several loanees uncertain.

All three of the clubs promoted in 2017 survived relegation this past season for only the third time in Premier League history.

While Brighton & Hove Albion, Huddersfield Town and Newcastle United did so by strengthening their squads in the transfer market, they still preserved a core group of players who had served them so well the previous season.

Brighton, for example, kept faith with veteran striker Glenn Murray after his 23 goals played a major part in their elevation to the Premier League for the first time, before then firing 12 goals in the top flight to steer them to safety.

Fulham's attacking figurehead as they finished this season in such stunning form — losing just two league games in 2018 — was Aleksandar Mitrovic, who is on loan from Newcastle.

Mitrovic fell out of favour there, but has rejuvenated himself at Fulham and certainly did not rule out a stay at Craven Cottage in the aftermath of Saturday's win.

"I am really happy here," Mitrovic told Sky Sports. "I had the best three and a half, four months of my career. We will see what happens."

The Serbia international is not the only key figure on loan at the club. Southampton full-back Matt Targett has been an ever-present in the Fulham side since joining on loan in January.

There are also Chelsea duo Tomas Kalas and Lucas Piazon, who have been on loan at Fulham for two seasons, making more than 120 appearances between them in that time, while Liverpool's Sheyi Ojo and Brighton's Oliver Norwood have made telling contributions this past campaign.

Targett is another who has expressed a desire to stay, while the fact Chelsea cannot loan more than one player to the same Premier League club means Kalas and Piazon would have to be signed permanently.

Fulham were the top goalscorers from open play in the Championship this past season, playing an exciting brand of football.

"We believe we can play this way," manager Slavisa Jokanovic said after the Wembley win.

Employing similar adventurousness in the Premier League will require additional talent, but adopting the lesson of the clubs from 2017 and sticking with a nucleus of the promotion team could be the most sensible approach.

https://in.reuters.com/article/soccer-spain-fcb-messi/soccer-messi-announces-desire-to-play-for-newells-old-boys-idINKCN1IT107?rpc=401&;

WhiteJC

West Ham transfer target Ryan Fredericks drops big hint over his future

The right-back has won promotion with Fulham to the Premier League at the weekend

Fulham right-back Ryan Fredericks has hinted that he could remain with the Cottagers next season after they clinched promotion to the Premier League on Saturday.

After missing out on a top-two finish on the final day of the campaign, Slavisa Jokanovic's side sealed a return to the top flight for the first time since 2014 with a 1-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley.

Given that Fredericks' contract expires at the end of the season, many feared that he could leave the club on a free transfer had they not secured promotion.

However, despite not yet putting pen-to-paper on a new deal, it looks like the 25-year-old may be set to stay with Fulham despite interest from West Ham and Crystal Palace.

"It's up to the people behind the scenes but I'm sure everyone will want to stay and play at the highest level with Fulham and see what we can achieve," said Fredericks, as reported by the London Evening Standard.

Ryan Fredericks celebrates on the pitch after the play-off final win over Aston Villa (Image: IAN KINGTON/AFP/Getty Images)

"Can this club allow me to fulfil my ambitions? Of course. You look at the players we're attracting, like Aleksandar Mitrovic, we've already got Premier League players in the Championship so I'm sure we're going to build again and have many years in the Premier League."

He added: "We can achieve a lot. We're not just going to go there and be one-season wonder. We want to keep the club in the Premier League as long as possible. It's a Premier League team.

"We didn't want to come out here and have a good day at Wembley. We wanted to come out and show what we're about. That's what we did. We did ourselves proud."

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/transfer-news/ryan-fredericks-west-ham-rumours-14712771

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town scourge Tom Cairney on Fulham's return to meet up with Scott Malone

Craven Cottage team keen to stick together

Huddersfield Town know all about Fulham captain Tom Cairney.

The midfielder who scored Fulham's winning goal in the Championship Play-off final against Aston Villa helped them to two comprehensive victories over Town in 2016-17, when David Wagner's side won promotion via exactly the same route.

Alongside Scott Malone, who later left Craven Cottage for the John Smith's Stadium, Cairney was part of a 5-0 win for Fulham against Town down in London and then, the last time the two clubs met just over a year ago, he netted a penalty as Fulham won 4-1 in Huddersfield (with Malone grabbing their equaliser).

Malone and his old mates will now be reunited in the top flight and Cairney cannot wait to lead Fulham into the Premier League – especially as he believes promotion will keep the team together.

Vultures have been circling over Craven Cottage this season after Slavisa Jokanovic again got the west Londoners playing with style and skill.

Defeat to Aston Villa in the play-off final would likely have seen this Fulham side broken up, but Cairney's first-half goal secured a 1-0 win that ends their four-year absence from the top flight.

Fulham's Tom Cairney celebrates with the trophy after the final whistle at Wembley

The skipper has been linked with a move away, along with the likes of 18-year-old Ryan Sessegnon and marauding full-back Ryan Fredericks, but Wembley glory strengthens the Whites' position and hopes of retaining some loan players, too.

"I signed a contract extension last summer - I believed in what we're doing here," said Cairney, who attracted attention from West Ham in January.

"I believed in the way we play, and the manager has put a lot of faith in me. I've tried to repay him the best I can, and I think I did that today.

"I think people were coming to the end of their contracts and stuff.

"But I think this team being in the Premier League, based in London, I think it's an attractive club and I think it keeps the team together.

"I think that's why I said we needed to win."

Fulham captain Cairney, unsurprisingly, called Saturday's win the highlight of a career he expects to continue for some time yet.

"I am 27 years old," he said. "I want to play football.

"Yeah, the next few years are probably going to be my prime and whatever.

"To be honest, I feel like I will get better as I get older. I am not exactly going to lose pace - do you know what I mean?

"I am getting more and more experiences the more I play. I understand my position.

"I have got a lot of responsibly in this team and I try and make us play.

"But, honestly, to a man we were outstanding."

Fulham showed grit to match their undoubted ability, which has so regularly been on display during the campaign.

An untimely end to their 23-match unbeaten run prevented them earning automatic promotion ahead of Cardiff, but the Wembley victory seals their place in the record books as well as neutrals' appreciation.

"No one remembers nice football or 'they were good'," Cairney said. "No one says that.

"People only remember winners and we said before we go out, 'Wembley only remembers winners' - and we had to win.

"Our football alone will get credit in the season because we got promoted. People will talk about Fulham.

"If we lost, nobody would talk about us.

"Football won. I think God was on our side.

"The last 20 to 25 minutes, every time the ball went out of play the Fulham fans acted like we scored a goal."

https://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-scurge-tom-cairney-14714345

WhiteJC

West Ham must move for Mitrovic

West Ham must immediately swoop for Newcastle United forward Aleksandar Mitrovic as the powerhouse's reported price tag would see him be a steal.

The 23-year-old scored 14 goals in 27 outings during the 2017/2018 season, 12 of those goals while on loan at Fulham, and the forward looks like he is ready to take the Premier League by storm.

Given his age and already intimidating presence the Hammers would benefit from having him in their team, as at the very least he would help Marko Arnautovic out with the burden of scoring the side's goals.

Mitrovic may have only managed 10 goals in his previous 40 appearances in England's top-flight for the Magpies but after looking like a completely different player at Craven Cottage in the second half of the campaign, it's clear he could quickly be a force for Manuel Pellegrini's side if recruited.

While an attacker with the potential and goal return of Mitrovic would normally set a club back a pretty penny, the Magpies' valuation of their forward makes him look an absolute bargain.

Rafa Benitez is set to demand in the region of £15million – £20million for his services, as reported by the Chronicle, with that price only increasing due to a bidding war or if he excels at the World Cup .

However if there's any chance that the Hammers can scoop him up for a price in that region, or even at £20million, they must swiftly swoop to get his signature as it could see him be the signing of the summer.

The same report by the Chronicle lists a host of clubs as being interested, such as Fulham and Wolves, with the Magpies set to resolve the powerhouse's future after the World Cup.

But if the Hammers were quick to put in a bid now, one in the region of Benitez's demand, it could see them jump to the head of the queue in the race for his services.

While they may have to wait several weeks for a decision, acting sooner rather than later is in the club's best interest.

Therefore the Hammers must immediately swoop for Mitrovic as after scoring 14 goals in his most recent season his reported price tag makes him an absolute steal.

https://foreverwestham.com/2018/05/premier-league/west-ham-must-move-for-mitrovic/

WhiteJC

Fulham should seek deal for Watford's Andre Gray if Aleksandar Mitrovic returns to Newcastle

Fulham will likely look to sign Newcastle United's Aleksandar Mitrovic this summer.

Fulham sealed a return to the Premier League with a 1-0 playoff final victory over Aston Villa at Wembley on Saturday, and the first thing they will undoubtedly try and do is seal a permanent deal for Aleksandar Mitrovic.

The Serbia international joined the Cottagers from Newcastle United on loan in January, and he has been instrumental in the club's turnaround in the past six months and subsequent promotion.

Mitrovic netted 12 goals in 18 Championship games for Fulham, and the opportunity to link up with Serb coach Slavisa Jokanovic was said to be a big factor in his decision to move to west London.

With Premier League football now in the bag, Fulham will certainly eye a permanent deal for Mitrovic. But the club may not be able to get the deal over the line if Newcastle have long-term plans for the 23-year-old.

Mitrovic made clear after Fulham's play-off victory over Aston Villa Saturday that he remained a Newcastle player, and confirmed that his future was in the hands of his agent.

Watford's Andre Gray, however, would be an excellent alternative if a deal for Mitrovic doesn't go through.

The former Burnley man has struggled to settle at Vicarage Road after joining the club last summer, making just 16 Premier League starts – scoring five goals and grabbing a further two assists.

Despite Gray's struggles at Watford, he still has plenty to offer in the Premier League and, having previously excelled at Brentford, there's no doubt he can play the lone striker role in a possession-based team.

Gray burst onto the scene at Fulham's west London rivals, scoring 18 goals in 47 games for the Bees at Championship level before signing for Burnley, where he netted 32 goals in 73 games.

The 26-year-old is a solid goal scorer even at top-flight level having netted nine times during Burnley's 2016/17 top-flight campaign.

A recent report in the Mirror claims Gray is on his way out of Watford, and that fellow Premier League newcomers Cardiff City are eyeing a move for him.

Fulham would be a more attractive proposition due to their location and style of football, and under Jokanovic's guidance, they arguably look in better shape to beat the drop next season.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/28/tt-fulham-must-seek-deal-for-watfords-andre-gray-as-aleksandar-m/

WhiteJC

Fulham star sends positive message on future despite Premier League interest

Fulham right-back Ryan Fredericks has suggested he sees his future at Craven Cottage after the club won promotion to the Premier League against Aston Villa on Saturday.

Fredericks has been a key component for Slavisa Jokanovic's side this season and has established himself as one of the best full-backs outside the top-flight.

However, with his contract up in the summer, the Cottagers were resigned to lose the player with the likes of Crystal Palace and West Ham United showing a serious interest in snapping him up on a free.

Yet, with Fulham now in the Premier League, Fredericks told the London Evening Standard that they can meet his ambitions and revealed he wants to stay.

"It's up to the people behind the scenes but I'm sure everyone will want to stay and play at the highest level with Fulham and see what we can achieve."

"Can this club allow me to fulfil my ambitions? Of course. We can achieve a lot. We're not just going to go there and be one-season wonder. We want to keep the club in the Premier League as long as possible. It's a Premier League team."

The Verdict

This is great news for Fulham who would've known that defeat at Wembley meant several key players would be moving on – including Fredericks.

He is vital to the way this side play and is terrific going forward, adding a lot to the attacks with his pace and ability on the ball.

The interest won't go away though so Fulham need to act quickly to sort his future and tie him down for their Premier League campaign.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-star-sends-positive-message-on-future-despite-premier-league-interest/

WhiteJC

Fulham's on-loan defender Kalas: If Andreas Christensen can make it at Chelsea, then so can I

Chelsea's Tomáš Kalas hopes that he can follow in the bootlaces  of Andreas Christensen and finally forge a playing career at Stamford Bridge after eight years at the club.

The loanee at Fulham defender, 25, has made only two starts for the Blues in that time.

He was a £5million singing from Czech club Sigma Olomouc in 2010 and has had series of loan deals subsequently. He helped the Blues' west London neighbours Fulham into the Premier League at the weekend when they beat Aston Villa 1-0 at Wembley in the Championship Play-off final.

He said: "I haven't spoken to Chelsea about what will happen next. It is in my contract. They are going to talk. Obviously Fulham has to offer something if they want me.

"I don't really know what will happen next season. If it's at a Premier League side, it doesn't really matter which one.

Chelsea or Fulham would be the best option. Currently I don't have any other options.

"I can easily say that I will try to get into the Premier League if the offer comes."

Breaking into the star-studded and expensive Chelsea outfit is a tall order for anyone, but Kalas, while not over confident by nature, is hopeful that he can follow the path taken by Danish defender Andreas Christensen.

He said: "Andreas Christensen has made it and he played many games.

"Obviously there were a few mistakes but overall he took the chance well, and deserves to be there. So if he can do it, I believe that I can do it as well.

"In pre-seasons in the past I don't think I was the worst player on the pitch. One season I was there I played two games. That's not enough from what I was expecting, what I was told I would get. So if it comes and with the way they are playing, hopefully I would fit in. But on the other side, it hasn't worked for the past eight years, is it time to change, maybe yes, maybe not? If we work it out, with some different club, then maybe that's the option. I can't say much now."

Kalas got onto the Wembley turf as a substitute to help steer the Whites into the top flight after a four-year absence and has played almost 70 games. He is confident that he can step up a gear.

"I want to play in the Premier League," he said.  "I don't know if I will.

"It's difficult to know how it will work. This is another step towards the highest level. It doesn't matter which club, but if its Fulham where I played the last two seasons that will be better.

"I don't want to be overconfident. But I can rate myself as a quite experienced Championship player. The next step is to try the Premier League. If I'm not ready now to try, then I don't know if I ever will be."

Kalas has every reason to feel aggrieved he has not had the chances to prove his footballing credentials to Chelsea - but he is very level-headed about the experience.

"I was promised slightly more games than I got," he revealed. "But all I could do was train properly and when the chance came, take it. Both games we won. We conceded an unlucky goal against Cardiff, so it could have been two clean sheets, so I don't know what I could have done more."

Kalas who played 30 times for Fulham this term has one eye on the crisis affecting Chelsea at the moment where confusion seems to reign over the future of head coach Antonio Conte - does he worry that that turbulence might affect his future?

He said: "I don't really know, that's not in my hands, It is not depending on me when they start talking about my future.

"Obviously they have got bit more serious problems actually right now. But hopefully when it's sorted we will know what's going on. But they may surprise me and just make it easy and say a definite answer or decision. As long as they are my employers then I have to listen to them, but they have listened to me in the past and I'm grateful. So me and my agent and Chelsea will find a way that works best for all of us.

"I don't want to make any mistake in an interview. If I say I see myself away from Chelsea, then they would not like me in Chelsea. If I said yes, that I will stay, there, then everyone would say I'm not ready - just because I have got promoted, does not mean I am ready to play fo Chelsea."

Chelsea have kept an eye on Kalas and their other loan player at Fulham, Lucas Piazon and that's something Kalas appreciates.

"Chelsea watch me during the season - we have a WhatsApp group, we are always in touch," he said.

"If someone needs something, they get the help. Sometimes they visit us at the training ground, we stay in touch.

"They know that we are professionals, they just try to help us, not teach us. We are adults, we know what we are supposed to do. They try to help us with analysis."

Kalas now has the title of Chelsea's longest serving player following the exit of goalkeeper Matej Delač  - is that something he is proud of?

"Being employed by Chelsea for eight years is not a bad record," he said.  "Even though I played just two games for them. But at the end I'm taking it positively. They brought me into big football, and helped me to develop. Even though it might sound horrific by sending me on loans.  It was always loans that I wanted or agreed to. They were always listening to me. What I wanted as well. And we always found a way.  That is why I believe the same thing will happen now."

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/2018/05/28/Fulham%E2%80%99s-on-loan-defender-Kalas-If-Andreas-Christensen-can-make-it-at-Chelsea-then-so-can-I

WhiteJC

Premier League complete for next season

Craven Cottage ahead of our Premier League game against Fulham in 2009/10

Fulham beat Aston Villa two days ago to win the play-off final at Wembley and complete the line up for next season's Premier League as they join already promoted Wolverhampton Wanderers and Cardiff City who have replaced Swansea City, Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion.

It's as recent as the 2015/16 season since we played the three promoted clubs. They were all in the Championship alongside us that season and two of them proved tough nuts to crack although none of them were able to beat us.

Both Wolves and Cardiff twice held us to draws. It was 0-0 at Molineux against Wolves with the return fixture ending 1-1 when Danny Batth scored a stoppage time equaliser after Sam Vokes had given us the lead.

As for Cardiff, there was a 0-0 draw there too, at the Turf, with the first clash ending 2-2 in South Wales earlier in the season. We should have had a penalty in the first half but things turned against us just before half time when Aron Gunnarsson gave them the lead. It went worse just past the hour when Sean Morrison scored to double their advantage. A defeat looked certain but Rouwen Hennings, with his only league goal for us, pulled one back five minutes from time and three minutes into stoppage time we got an equaliser courtesy of a Matthew Connolly own goal.

It was better news against Fulham. Two Andre Gray goals gave us a 2-0 lead at home with Ross McCormack pulling one back early in the second half. Matt Taylor scored in stoppage time to give us a 3-1 lead.

At Craven Cottage, Vokes gave us an early lead but we found ourselves 2-1 behind midway through the first half. Two more Gray goals, one from the penalty spot, won it for us in the second half.

Those were the last meetings, but what about our last top flight meetings? We only have to go back to the 2009/10 season for Wolves and Fulham, but we've not met Cardiff at the highest level since the 1961/62 season.

The two games against Wolves in 2009/10 weren't good. We lost 2-0 at Molineux and 2-1 at home when Clarke Carlisle had a personal nightmare. Nenad Milijas and Kevin Doyle scored the goals at Molineux just days after Mick McCarthy had played a weakened team at Old Trafford to help prepare for the game against us.

It was a bad day for Burnley, just five days before Christmas. Carlisle went off injured just past the half hour and he was followed by Steven Caldwell with just over twenty minutes remaining; Caldwell wouldn't be fit again until May.

Matt Jarvis gave Wolves the lead on the Turf with a Carlisle own goal doubling their advantage just two minutes into the second half. Steven Thompson scored his first Premier League goal to pull one back against a team that included both Stephen Ward and David Jones in their team with Vokes on the bench.

We did take a point from Fulham in a 1-1 draw on the Turf, when Wade Elliott scored, but the 3-0 defeat at Craven Cottage was an awful performance. Elliott's goal came on the hour, ten minutes after Bobby Zamora had given them the lead, and Zamora, who has made a habit of scoring goals against Burnley, bullied us into submission at Craven Cottage and I'm sure David Edgar is still having nightmares. Roy Hodgson's team won 3-0 that night with goals from Danny Murphy, David Elm and, of course, Zamora on a night when Jack Cork made his Burnley debut as a substitute.

Cardiff were in the Premier League for the 2013/14 season whilst we were winning promotion from the Championship. Prior to that, they hadn't been at the top table since that 1961/62 season. We beat them at home that season 2-1 and drew 1-1 at Ninian Park.

At home we led 1-0 at half time with a Gordon Harris goal and Jimmy Robson scored the winner after Cardiff had equalised. It was two goals in the first four minutes of the second half at Ninian Park. Brian Miller gave us the lead within seconds of the restart but the home side were quickly level.

Cardiff went down that season in 21st place, one point behind Fulham. They went down with bottom club Chelsea.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/premier-league-complete-for-next-season

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney excited about Premier League challenge with 'attractive' Fulham

Tom Cairney cannot wait to lead Fulham into the Premier League following a play-off final win the captain believes will keep the team together.

Vultures have been circling over Craven Cottage this season after Slavisa Jokanovic again got the west Londoners playing with style and skill.

Defeat to Aston Villa in the play-off final would likely have seen this Fulham side broken up, but Cairney's first-half goal secured a 1-0 win that ends their four-year absence from the top flight.

The skipper has been linked with a move away, along with the likes of 18-year-old Ryan Sessegnon and marauding full-back Ryan Fredericks, but Wembley glory strengthens the Whites' position and hopes of retaining some loan players, too.

"I signed a contract extension last summer – I believed in what we're doing here," said Cairney, who attracted attention from West Ham in January.

"I believed in the way we play, and the manager has put a lot of faith in me. I've tried to repay him the best I can, and I think I did that today.

"I think people were coming to the end of their contracts and stuff.

"But I think this team being in the Premier League, based in London, I think it's an attractive club and I think it keeps the team together.

"I think that's why I said we needed to win today."

Fulham captain Cairney, unsurprisingly, called Saturday's win the highlight of a career he expects to continue for some time yet.

"I am 27 years old," he said. "I want to play football.

"Yeah, the next few years are probably going to be my prime and whatever.

"To be honest, I feel like I will get better as I get older. I am not exactly going to lose pace – do you know what I mean?

"I am getting more and more experiences the more I play. I understand my position.

"I have got a lot of responsibly in this team and I try and make us play.

"But, honestly, to a man today we were outstanding."

Fulham showed grit to match their undoubted ability, which has so regularly been on display during the campaign.

An untimely end to their 23-match unbeaten run prevented them earning automatic promotion ahead of Cardiff, but the Wembley victory seals their place in the record books as well as neutrals' appreciation.

"No one remembers nice football or 'they were good'," Cairney said. "No one says that.

"People only remember winners and we said before we go out, 'Wembley only remembers winners' – and we had to win today.

"Our football alone will get credit in the season because we got promoted. People will talk about Fulham.

"If we lost today, nobody would talk about us.

"Football won. I think God was on our side today.

"The last 20 to 25 minutes, every time the ball went out of play the Fulham fans acted like we scored a goal."

- Press Association

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/tom-cairney-excited-about-premier-league-challenge-with-attractive-fulham-845513.html

WhiteJC

Fulham boss provides update on key player's future

Ryan Sessegnon wants to stay with Fulham, according to Slavisa Jokanovic.

The 18-year-old has played a major role for the club this season because he didn't miss a league game and scored 16 goals as well as assisting eight. He started playing in the first-team as a left-back in the 2016/17 season, but his attacking prowess saw Jokanovic move him into a wing position in order to get the most out of him.

His career keeps moving from strength to strength because he made up for the disappointing play-off defeat last year with victory in the Under-19 Euros and then helped Fulham avenge last season by beating Aston Villa in the Play-Off Final. He assisted Tom Cairney's goal which was the difference between the two sides.

This is what Jokanovic had to say about the youngster's future, when speaking to the London Evening Standard: "What I know about him is he's really happy where he is now."

"I'm satisfied and happy with him."

"I cannot give you a complete guarantee. What I prefer to say is I know he wants to stay with us."

The Verdict

Sessegnon is a future star because he is immensely talented for his age. However, the worry for the Cottagers was whether he would be with them from next season onwards. His talent has attracted plenty of interest, which is why promotion was key in potentially holding on to him.

Having him at the club for the first season back in the Premier League would be a major boost, but they are unlikely to be able to hold on to him for long if he impresses in the Premier League. The fee to take him away will be a large one, though.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-boss-provides-update-on-key-players-future/

WhiteJC

The predicted 2018/19 Premier League table as Fulham join Huddersfield Town to complete top flight

How the bookies think the table will look come May 19, 2019

Huddersfield Town now know all 19 teams they will take on in next season's Premier League campaign.

Fulham were the last side to book their spot in the top flight next season, with Slavisa Jokanovic's men beating Aston Villa 1-0 in the Championship play-off final to book their spot alongside the Terriers.

Town are once again unfancied by the bookies heading into the season, being priced at 11/8 to be relegated after their second term in the top tier.

Here is the predicted 2018/19 Premier League table based on the odds of each team winning the title, finishing in the top four and experiencing relegation.

The Premier League logo

All odds according to SkyBet and correct at time of publishing.

1. Manchester City - 8/13 to win the title, 1/16 to finish in the top four, N/A to be relegated

2. Liverpool - 9/2 to win the title, 1/5 to finish in the top four, N/A to be relegated

3. Manchester United - 7/1 to win the title, 1/4 to finish in the top four, N/A to be relegated

4. Chelsea - 11/1 to win the title, 8/13 to finish in the top four, N/A to be relegated

5. Tottenham Hotspur - 12/1 to win the title, 8/11 to finish in the top four, N/A to be relegated

6. Arsenal - 25/1 to win the title, 11/4 to finish in the top four, 250/1 to be relegated

7. Everton - 250/1 to win the title, 20/1 to finish in the top four, 25/1 to be relegated

8. Leicester City - 200/1 to win the title, 28/1 to finish in the top four, 14/1 to be relegated

9. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 250/1 to win the title, 33/1 to finish in the top four, 6/1 to be relegated

10. Southampton - 500/1 to win the title, 33/1 to finish in the top four, 9/1 to be relegated

11. West Ham United - 500/1 to win the title, 33/1 to finish in the top four, 5/1 to be relegated

12. AFC Bournemouth - 750/1 to win the title, 100/1 to finish in the top four, 11/2 to be relegated

13. Crystal Palace - 750/1 to win the title, 100/1 to finish in the top four, 9/2 to be relegated

14. Newcastle United - 750/1 to win the title, 100/1 to finish in the top four, 5/1 to be relegated

15. Brighton & Hove Albion - 1000/1 to win the title, 200/1 to finish in the top four, 5/2 to be relegated

16. Burnley - 1000/1 to win the title, 200/1 to finish in the top four, 10/3 to be relegated

17. Fulham - 1000/1 to win the title, N/A to finish in the top four, 5/2 to be relegated

18. Watford - 1000/1 to win the title, 200/1 to finish in the top four, 2/1 to be relegated

19. Huddersfield Town - 1500/1 to win the title, 200/1 to finish in the top four, 11/8 to be relegated

20. Cardiff City - 1500/1 to win the title, 250/1 to finish in the top four, 5/6 to be relegated

https://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/predicted-201819-premier-league-table-14715444

WhiteJC

Fulham interested in signing Lamine Fomba

Premier League outfit Fulham are interested in signing French U18 international midfielder Lamine Fomba from Auxerre, according to L'Équipe.

The 20-year-old, who rejected an offer from Tottenham in favour of signing a professional deal with the Ligue 2 side, has just one year remaining on his current contract.

Fulham have watched the player multiple times and appear poised to make a concrete move.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/fulham-interested-in-signing-lamine-fomba/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic discusses his Newcastle United future amid Fulham interest

Aleksandar Mitrovic celebrates after helping Fulham win the Championship play-off at Wembley.

Newcastle United frontman Aleksandar Mitrovic has opened up on his future, after helping Fulham return to the Premier League via the play-offs.

It is widely expected that Slavisa Jokanovic will make a permanent move for the Serbian international this summer, after Mitrovic fired 12 goals in 15 starts since making a January loan switch to Craven Cottage.

And while the striker, thought to be valued at more than £20million by United, insists he remains a Newcastle player, he remains open to a potential switch south.

When asked about his future following Saturday's 1-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley, Mitrovic said: "I don't know. Of course I am really happy here.

"I had the best three and a half, four months of my career.

"We will see what happens. I am still a Newcastle United player, I have two years left on my contract, so we will see.

"I have people - my agent and people who speak with the clubs - and we will see what happens.

"I just want to enjoy the moment. I am really happy now."

While boss Rafa Benitez is keen to strengthen his frontline this summer with up to two additions in that department, it remains to be seen whether Mitrovic is part of his plans.

The manager has always had major concerns over the player's lack of discipline, as well as the fact he does not quite fit into the Magpies style of play.

Could a Fulham move be on the cards? All Mitrovic knows is that he fitted perfectly into Jokanovic's system.

"Of course Fulham will be successful in the Premier League for sure", he said.

"I am delighted with the style we play, the players, with the staff. Every part.

"The fans really help a lot and I think I play some of the best football in my life, the last four months, and I really enjoyed it."

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/aleksandar-mitrovic-discusses-his-newcastle-united-future-amid-fulham-interest-1-9183304

WhiteJC

Tottenham ponder Christian Pulisic move with Ryan Sessegnon likelier to stay at Fulham following promotion

Tottenham Hotspur are considering switching their attention to Borussia Dortmund winger Christian Pulisic following Fulham's promotion to the Premier League.

Spurs had been leading the race to sign Ryan Sessegnon, but the 18-year-old could stay at Craven Cottage for at least another season after Fulham's Championship play-off victory over Aston Villa.

Fulham do not want to lose Sessegnon and it would take an offer of £50million or more to force them into even thinking about a sale.

With that in mind, Tottenham are looking at alternatives and 19-year-old Pulisic is a player admired by manager Mauricio Pochettino and his staff.

The signing of the United States international would also be attractive to chairman Daniel Levy, who is trying hard to exploit the American market by staging NFL games at Tottenham's new stadium.

Tottenham have led the race for Sessegnon, but he could stay at Fulham for another season after play-off victory at the weekend Credit: Action Plus via Getty Images

Pulisic can play on either the left or the right side, or as a central attacking midfielder and his versatility would be a huge plus for Pochettino as he looks for ways to strengthen his squad.

Liverpool and Chelsea have already been linked with Pulisic and Dortmund's interest in signing Michy Batshuayi on a permanent deal could encourage the Blues.

Dortmund currently value Pulisic at around £50million and it remains to be seen whether Spurs or any other Premier League club is prepared to get near to that price.

Asked about his future, Pulisic said: "Obviously I don't look into that like a lot of other people do. I'm very focused with Dortmund and under contract with Dortmund. Down the road, you never know."

Having been boosted by the news Pochettino has signed a new contract, Tottenham are now working to secure their star players to new deals.

As well as Dele Alli, Harry Kane and Jan Vertonghen, Christian Eriksen is thought to be close to agreeing a new deal worth in excess of £100,000-a-week including bonuses.

Eriksen was last week pictured eating with Pochettino in a Danish restaurant and it seems the 26-year-old has been convinced to ignore rumoured interest from Barcelona.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/28/tottenham-ponder-christian-pulisic-move-ryansessegnon-likelier/

WhiteJC

Fulham star believes play-off success will see them get recognition

Fulham's Tom Cairney reckons that the play-off final victory over Aston Villa is key in how people will remember them.

The Scottish international is the linchpin of this side because he controls games through his dominance of the central areas. His range of passing, composure on the ball and quick feet make him tough to press and even harder to tackle. Fulham's style under Slavisa Jokanovic is heavily dependent on Cairney because of how he can unlock the opposition.

Therefore, promotion was key because it allows the Cottagers to keep him while also giving them substantial revenue through TV rights. The 27-year-old was involved in 37 league games with six goals and five assists.

This is what Cairney had to say post-match, according to Breaking News.ie: "I believed in the way we play, and the manager has put a lot of faith in me. I've tried to repay him the best I can, and I think I did that today."

"But I think this team being in the Premier League, based in London, I think it's an attractive club and I think it keeps the team together."

"Our football alone will get credit in the season because we got promoted. People will talk about Fulham."

The Verdict

Fulham are certainly a positive addition to the Premier League with their ambitious style of play which has won them many plaudits, but as Cairney said, promotion was key in cementing their legacy because without it they would have been seen as the underachievers.

Cairney's stature continues to grow after such an impressive season, so he is likely to attract more Premier League interest. However, his comments suggest that he is planing on helping the Cottagers finish as high as possible in the league rather than moving elsewhere, which is great news for Fulham fans.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-star-believes-play-off-success-will-see-them-get-recognition/

WhiteJC

Loan ranger heaps praise on Fulham boss
Aleksandar Mitrovic: 'I give credit to Slaviša and his staff because they did an unbelievable job'

SERBIAN INTERNATIONAL Aleksandar Mitrovic has paid homage to Fulham head coach Slaviša Jokanović. Fuham won the Championship play-off final at Wembley on May 26 to make a return to the Premier League next season and Mitrovic - signed on loan from Newcastle in January - is of the opinion that Jokanović deserves the highest praise.

Looking back on a season of many highs, Mitrovic credited his compatriot for creating a system that enabled both he and his teammates to produce some unbelievable football.

The striker said: "He did the best for me, I think he did the best for every player. He played a system that every player liked and enjoyed - we played unbelievable football this season I give credit to Slaviša and his staff because they did an unbelievable job".

The front man played a pivotal role in Fulham's promotion, in 20 appearances he scored twelve goals.

On an unforgettable few months and a World Cup in Russia to look forward to Mitrovic added: "It's unbelievable, there are terrific people here - I really enjoyed my time her., I am still a Newcastle player, we'll see what happens. I want to enjoy the moment and from tomorrow think of the World Cup".

He continued: "I have few days to rest, to recover, from here we got to Russia it's a big deal for me my family and the country of Serbia to make them proud".

"I think in the end we deserve this. For next season you can expect the same Fulham, we will try to beat every team even top teams. We will try to play football, we will try to always score one more goal, we will try to play attacking football and do the same thing we did this year."

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/loan-ranger-heaps-praise-fulham-boss

WhiteJC

Fulham lining up move for 20-year old French midfielder

Lamine Fomba is a summer target for Fulham, according to L'equipe.

The young midfielder barely played for Ligue 2 side Auxerre with only six appearances, but he did manage two assists and has attracted Fulham's attention. He finished the season as a starter after beginning the season outside of the matchday squads.

Fomba is a graduate of Auxerre's academy system with Willy Boly and Yayo Sanogo some being some of the other players to come through the set-up. Tottenham attempted to sign him before he signed his first professional contract with the club back in 2016, but they were ultimately unsuccessful.

Auxerre finished the season in 11th with a disappointing campaign that saw them rarely challenge to end their six year stay in the second division.

The Verdict

Fomba would act as a back-up option for Kevin McDonald, although it's likely to be a while before he would be a starter because he hasn't had consistent playing time recently.

There is no doubt that he is talented, but the Premier League would be a significant step up for him considering the level he is used to, so Fulham may see him as an addition with the future in mind, with a loan spell perhaps the idea if he did join.

Slavisa Jokanovic has shown his willingness to give opportunities to youngsters. However, it's unlikely that Fomba would have an instant impact like Ryan Sessegnon did.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-lining-up-move-for-20-year-old-french-midfielder/