News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Replay on Wedneday 24 March - Enough time for Dempsey?

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, March 06, 2010, 08:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

Considering Dempsey started light training a week ago, does anyone reckon he might be fit enough for a place on the bench for the reply? I really think Davies lacks the attacking flair that Dempsey provides us with. Your thoughts?

Tom

If it were me, I wouldn't play Clint until the start of April. I don't want him to come back to early and reinjure himself.
Fulham for life!

Brede Butter Pudding

I agree with needing to be careful but maybe a substitute appearance? The lads are going to be knackered, completely drained and the more help they can get the better, particularly if it ends up going to extra time. The likes of Hughes, Hangeland, Baird, Duffer, Bobatov, Gera, Etuhu have been consistently playing a couple of games a week now for at least a couple of months, and the break they have just had (sunday to saturday) is the longest they will have now for a long while. I think Roy really needs to start using players such as Riise, Okaka, even Smalling as a possible CM replacement for the tiring legs of Etuhu. At least Murphy will have a decent rest now and should return fresh. I jsut feel Clint's reintroduction could really galvanize the entire squad.


Tom

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on March 06, 2010, 08:48:07 PM
I agree with needing to be careful but maybe a substitute appearance? The lads are going to be knackered, completely drained and the more help they can get the better, particularly if it ends up going to extra time. The likes of Hughes, Hangeland, Baird, Duffer, Bobatov, Gera, Etuhu have been consistently playing a couple of games a week now for at least a couple of months, and the break they have just had (sunday to saturday) is the longest they will have now for a long while. I think Roy really needs to start using players such as Riise, Okaka, even Smalling as a possible CM replacement for the tiring legs of Etuhu. At least Murphy will have a decent rest now and should return fresh. I jsut feel Clint's reintroduction could really galvanize the entire squad.
I could see a substitute apperance for 15 minutes or so. Start to get his fitness back.
Fulham for life!

LRCN

Quote from: Tom on March 06, 2010, 09:20:43 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on March 06, 2010, 08:48:07 PM
I agree with needing to be careful but maybe a substitute appearance? The lads are going to be knackered, completely drained and the more help they can get the better, particularly if it ends up going to extra time. The likes of Hughes, Hangeland, Baird, Duffer, Bobatov, Gera, Etuhu have been consistently playing a couple of games a week now for at least a couple of months, and the break they have just had (sunday to saturday) is the longest they will have now for a long while. I think Roy really needs to start using players such as Riise, Okaka, even Smalling as a possible CM replacement for the tiring legs of Etuhu. At least Murphy will have a decent rest now and should return fresh. I jsut feel Clint's reintroduction could really galvanize the entire squad.
I could see a substitute apperance for 15 minutes or so. Start to get his fitness back.

yeah so can I... can't wait for him to get back. I love simon davies as much as the next man but he's not as good.

McBridefan1

we really could use an extra pair of scoring boots on the pitch these days... but you have to question his fitness for more than a 15 to 20 minute appearance.


Brede Butter Pudding

Oh yeah 15 - 20 mins would be ideal I reckon. I think him coming on for the last part of the game would really drive the team forward.

clintclintdeuce

I was hoping to see that against Juve on the 17th to be honest, if hes ready.
The Dude abides.

Lighthouse

Stick Konk at Left back and Shorey in front of him. With Baird and Duff on the other side. Our midfield two with Gera and Elm up front. That way we don't need to pretend we are going to Spuds for a win. Demps I think will be too early for a return.But we can hope.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope


Jimpav

If it's enough time for Dempsey it will be enough time for Murphy certainly.

Downside is that Huddlestone, Lennon and the other missing links will be back.

Brede Butter Pudding

No thats not the case mate. Murph only just failed his fitness test today - had he not been suspended he would be playing on Thursday, it was just that he wasn't fit enough to play yesterday.

And Lennon, Jenas, Huddleston are all out too long to be back for the 24th. Defoe will be fit but I don't think Lennon, Jenas or Huddleston will feature against us.

Jimpav



Brede Butter Pudding

Actually mate just been doing a bit of research. I'm almost certain Huddleston, Jenas and Bentley will all be out, but Lennon is actually a possibility. However, he recently had an op, so whether he's recovered in time remains to be seen.

Another positive from our point of view is that Palacios is currently on 9 yellow cards. Correct me if I'm wrong but i think 10 yellows = a two match suspension. Between now and the 24th (reply date) Spurs have to play Blackburn at home and Stoke away, two of the most physical and dirtiest teams in the league - obviously there's no guarantee at all, but if Palacios is booked in either of those two games he will miss the reply with us. I don't know about anyone else but i felt that Palacios had a superb game yesterday, and without him I'm pretty sure we would have dominated the physical side of the midfield, allowing Greening a bit more space to roam. Obviously, Palacios may not be booked, but there's always a possibility.