News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Lukic still optimistic

Started by SerbianLad, May 14, 2026, 07:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2026/may/14/lukic-going-to-fight/

In the last bit of the interview he says that he still believes there's a chance we get Europe.

Hopefully that's everyone's attitude. While there's a chance, no matter how small, we should fight until the end. I think Brentford-Palace match. I think other results will go our way and then if Brentford don't beat Palace and we win both of our last 2 matches we could get Europe.

HobGoblin

Quote from: SerbianLad on May 14, 2026, 07:27:05 PMhttps://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2026/may/14/lukic-going-to-fight/

In the last bit of the interview he says that he still believes there's a chance we get Europe.

Hopefully that's everyone's attitude. While there's a chance, no matter how small, we should fight until the end. I think Brentford-Palace match. I think other results will go our way and then if Brentford don't beat Palace and we win both of our last 2 matches we could get Europe.

Heard these from player after player, then they dont turn up.

Will be the next one rolled out next week

SerbianLad

Quote from: HobGoblin on May 14, 2026, 10:33:48 PMHeard these from player after player, then they dont turn up.

Will be the next one rolled out next week
Personally, I don't think Lukic is one of the players you could say that about. Him and a few others (e.g. Bassey) were clearly highly motivated during this last part of the season. And in general, you can sometimes criticise him for being a bit too defensive minded or making silly and/or too many fouls, but I don't think you can question his effort. I have no doubt he'll stay true to his word and give his all in the final 2 matches. 


Super Mick

Talk is cheap. They've already messed it up.

Thailand Mick

I really don't get this take that the players are not motivated to play European football, for me the problem is completely down to tactics and players being selected that are out of form. There is still a very real possibility that 9th place could be European football, if Villa win the Europa league and finish 5th or 6th.

hovewhite

I agree players like lukic and bassey and Raul are still fighting,also king,sess and Smith Rowe,a lot of the others and including Anderson,muniz shouldn't be near the squad.


LittleErn

The last time I was optimistic about an away match at Molineux was a week after we beat Wolves 3-1 at the cottage. I was so optimistic I went to watch. We lost 9-0. Just saying.

OtherHodgson

Quote from: SerbianLad on May 14, 2026, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: HobGoblin on May 14, 2026, 10:33:48 PMHeard these from player after player, then they dont turn up.

Will be the next one rolled out next week
Personally, I don't think Lukic is one of the players you could say that about. Him and a few others (e.g. Bassey) were clearly highly motivated during this last part of the season. And in general, you can sometimes criticise him for being a bit too defensive minded or making silly and/or too many fouls, but I don't think you can question his effort. I have no doubt he'll stay true to his word and give his all in the final 2 matches. 

I agree with you SL, he's never one to phone it in.

Cheers and COYW!

ffc73

Stopped reading these posts by players ages ago.

The correlation between what is said leading up to games & what I then watch  when the game is played has been too wide & unfathomable.


demeant0r

Honestly, what was he meant to say? That they've given up hope? We shall see on the pitch whether his optimism translates into an actual win.

ffc73

Alternatively, someone could break ranks and say,

Late January we got together as a group & agreed that we'd make the right noises about Europe & pushing on but in reality we know we are on a cushy number here. Paid very well with no real media or other expectations of us actually winning anything.

If we did, likely mean that club will bring in new better players & we'd lose our bonus payments for playing, & the occasional win.  Worse, we might be sold & we'd lose this comfortable gig.

sunburywhite

Quote from: demeant0r on May 15, 2026, 06:59:01 PMHonestly, what was he meant to say? That they've given up hope? We shall see on the pitch whether his optimism translates into an actual win.

Do they say it or is it just printed for them?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me


HobGoblin

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 15, 2026, 08:29:31 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on May 15, 2026, 06:59:01 PMHonestly, what was he meant to say? That they've given up hope? We shall see on the pitch whether his optimism translates into an actual win.

Do they say it or is it just printed for them?

It's soundbites that the club make them post, they go through the players, week after week one has to post a "We are going for it" type of thing. The team have been on the beach for a long time, it's been the same season after season.

Difference between how we play and how teams around us play is chalk and cheese

bobbo

Quote from: LittleErn on May 15, 2026, 04:58:22 PMThe last time I was optimistic about an away match at Molineux was a week after we beat Wolves 3-1 at the cottage. I was so optimistic I went to watch. We lost 9-0. Just saying.
I remember that and got so much stick from all around me .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

hongkongfulham

I have to say i've been really impressed with his attitude the last few games of which I can only say about Bassey and himself. The rest just look like they are doing busy work to close out the season, like when your boss talks by and you pretend to be typing aggresively.

He been very positive on the ball compared to Berge but have to say his final ball/shot is lackluster. I remember he was quite handy in those situation at Torino so maybe just confidence.