News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Sunderland goal

Started by irishfulham, August 31, 2026, 08:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 31, 2026, 04:04:14 PMYes it looks like Leno was worried he would get a kick in his face so went "safe" with his feet. What I didn't like was Joachim Andersen in the centre circle playing the wide Sunderland man onside at the start of the move - sheer carelessness.

Yeah the fault was 50:50 between the two of them. Mind you when you play 90mins without a single attempt on target that doesn't leave much margin for error!

alfie

Quote from: Twig on August 31, 2026, 04:10:03 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 31, 2026, 04:04:14 PMYes it looks like Leno was worried he would get a kick in his face so went "safe" with his feet. What I didn't like was Joachim Andersen in the centre circle playing the wide Sunderland man onside at the start of the move - sheer carelessness.

Yeah the fault was 50:50 between the two of them. Mind you when you play 90mins without a single attempt on target that doesn't leave much margin for error!

Blaming those two ok, but no one there trying to stop the cross, Bassey was left standing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 31, 2026, 04:04:14 PMYes it looks like Leno was worried he would get a kick in his face so went "safe" with his feet. What I didn't like was Joachim Andersen in the centre circle playing the wide Sunderland man onside at the start of the move - sheer carelessness.
didn't understand why he was on the pitch.


alfie

Quote from: hovewhite on August 31, 2026, 05:03:54 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 31, 2026, 04:04:14 PMYes it looks like Leno was worried he would get a kick in his face so went "safe" with his feet. What I didn't like was Joachim Andersen in the centre circle playing the wide Sunderland man onside at the start of the move - sheer carelessness.
didn't understand why he was on the pitch.
That means the whole back line were guilty, as they must have been further up.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Matt10

The issue I have is that during the match we hadn't put our defensive line in those positions. Why was the change necessary after we had sustained some good defensive shape and held Sunderland to mostly half-chances? The logic doesn't make sense to me, especially because Sunderland put on pace - yet we respond with making our line higher and fullbacks even further? Paired up with a central midfielder playing right centerback who is turned around and doesn't win the ball or cut off the angle to the pass when Sunderland hit the post.

YankeeJim

I question relying on center halves to track back at pace with strikers. Not exactly their forte. Both Bassey and Andersen were outrun. This is the price of pushing everyone forward. Fine if you're chasing the match but with a point in hand, it seems foolish to me.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.


iansthailand

Quote from: AJW48361 on August 31, 2026, 08:42:10 AMI know he has been offered to palace but Sanchez of Walham could be a decent shout.
He's already got one MoM award for us this season.