more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Amsterdam to Enschede return options

Started by Alternative, October 04, 2011, 11:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alternative

Any helpful soul checked this out?

Game should be over in time to catch a train back on the night. Enschede hotels have little appeal to me.

Are there buses as well? Anyone know the costs?

I have been to Krakow before and it is a great city but never done Holland so will choose this trip from the two. I hope it will be as good as Denmark. We also managed a half day in Sweden. Copenhagen to Malmo took half an hour, no customs, no Swedish currency - paid for meal on credit card

Mitch

20 Euro each way on train. Last train leaves about 10.30 their time.

Tom Magee

The club will not be doing a flyer service to either enschede or krakow

Alternative

Thanks for the prompt replies. Forty euro is not too bad.

I would not consider official travel abroad. There are always cheaper options (apart from the free bus from Crusaders to Belfast city centre)

MJG

I can only get one day off work so if anyone's up for a long drive there and back on the day let me know.

croatianwhite

Quote from: Mitch on October 04, 2011, 11:24:02 AM
Do you have to book in advance or just pay on the train ?? Coyw

Mitch

Quote from: croatianwhite on October 04, 2011, 01:22:02 PM
Quote from: Mitch on October 04, 2011, 11:24:02 AM
Do you have to book in advance or just pay on the train ?? Coyw

Could probably pay on the day, but I got my mate to book in advance. Can't remember the website though, sorry.

sipwell

https://www.ns.nl/eticket/ticket?departure=esd&arrival=asd&traveldate=20111004&language=en

You can book your tickets online (and print them). You would settle for the "dagretour" (two way ticket) and the Enschede station would be Drienerlo (right in front of the stadium). I don't know where you are located in Amsterdam though (although I reckon you buy a ticket to the A'dam zone) so you have to figure that out yourself. Make sure that your first destination is also the first destination on your ticket (so A'dam-Enschede retour is what you are looking for). Think I got that messed up in the link above :)

Make sure you print your ticket! With the ticket you can take - from A'dam - any train in the direction of Enschede you want. There is only one rule: taking the shortest possible connection is compulsory (so you can't go via Eindhoven for example). Returning: same thing!

If you don't want to buy it online, you can buy a ticket in the train station prior to your departure. Take into account that you have to have your ticket before boarding the train, otherwise it will be very expensive!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FatFreddysCat

Anyone know if i can get a train from Schipol to Enschede then on to Granau (speling may be wrong) in Germany?

croatianwhite

Thanks very much sipwell it's very helpful , hope I can get it all booked ok now ! Can't wait as I missed the last away day  coyw

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 04, 2011, 05:43:22 PM
Anyone know if i can get a train from Schipol to Enschede then on to Granau (speling may be wrong) in Germany?

Mr Freddy,
Why the mysterious detour? Is there a European Sausage Tour Event taking place in Granau  :032:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on October 04, 2011, 09:25:44 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 04, 2011, 05:43:22 PM

Mr Freddy,
Why the mysterious detour? Is there a European Sausage Tour Event taking place in Granau  :032:

No real reason Finny, it's only about ten miles away from Enschede, the hotel is much cheaper even allowing for cabs, and i prefer German beer to that Heineken and Grolsh crap.