News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Where's Marlon?

Started by Denzil Dexter, September 25, 2020, 01:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamus

I have heard he has passed his medical, but injured his foot putting his shoe back on

Jamie88

Quote from: Statto on September 25, 2020, 01:57:10 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 25, 2020, 01:19:51 PM
The club love waiting for some reason to announce signings days later

I suspect the secret reason is that the player hasn't signed yet

Just because a player is rumoured to be having a medical on thursday, that doesn't mean we signed him the previous Monday

Given the way the club released one player a day a couple of weeks back when we had a seemingly ITK person here naming the signings several days before, I'd have thought this is similar. A reputed Italian journalist has already stated on twitter that a deal had been done and that the medical was to be completed yesterday, so apart from some unexpected snag with the medical, it leads me to believe he has signed. The club appear to stall announcing so that they can take photos, interview him, get shots/footage of him training with the squad etc. and then release this material onto the website at the same time as the announcement.

Herbie

Quote from: Southdowns White on September 25, 2020, 01:39:06 PM
It's that dam pun again! ok I'll start, it's not very inventive but it might get the announcement done MarlONFIRE.

MARvellous


Statto

#23
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 25, 2020, 03:51:16 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 25, 2020, 01:57:10 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 25, 2020, 01:19:51 PM
The club love waiting for some reason to announce signings days later

I suspect the secret reason is that the player hasn't signed yet

Just because a player is rumoured to be having a medical on thursday, that doesn't mean we signed him the previous Monday

Given the way the club released one player a day a couple of weeks back when we had a seemingly ITK person here naming the signings several days before, I'd have thought this is similar. A reputed Italian journalist has already stated on twitter that a deal had been done and that the medical was to be completed yesterday, so apart from some unexpected snag with the medical, it leads me to believe he has signed. The club appear to stall announcing so that they can take photos, interview him, get shots/footage of him training with the squad etc. and then release this material onto the website at the same time as the announcement.

I think it far more plausible that both ITKs on here and "reputed Italian journalists" jump the gun and say a deal has been done when actually it hasn't, or people on here jump the gun and believe a deal has been done when actually it hasn't, because they assume a deal is 'done' just because the two clubs have agreed a fee and/or the player has agreed basic terms, without appreciating the other negotiations and formalities that remain outstanding. But you can believe what you want.

LittleErn

it's MarlONTHEWAY then? I'll get me coat.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: General on September 25, 2020, 02:53:45 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 25, 2020, 02:51:21 PM
I've heard that we are trying to engineer some sort of cloning process with a slight genetic modification so the clone is left footed.

Will start seeing results in a good 15-20 years.

Youth policy mate :)


ianthailand

He'll be MARmite to people on this board

BestOfBrede


sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me


Jamie88

Quote from: Statto on September 25, 2020, 04:23:17 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 25, 2020, 03:51:16 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 25, 2020, 01:57:10 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 25, 2020, 01:19:51 PM
The club love waiting for some reason to announce signings days later

I suspect the secret reason is that the player hasn't signed yet

Just because a player is rumoured to be having a medical on thursday, that doesn't mean we signed him the previous Monday

Given the way the club released one player a day a couple of weeks back when we had a seemingly ITK person here naming the signings several days before, I'd have thought this is similar. A reputed Italian journalist has already stated on twitter that a deal had been done and that the medical was to be completed yesterday, so apart from some unexpected snag with the medical, it leads me to believe he has signed. The club appear to stall announcing so that they can take photos, interview him, get shots/footage of him training with the squad etc. and then release this material onto the website at the same time as the announcement.

I think it far more plausible that both ITKs on here and "reputed Italian journalists" jump the gun and say a deal has been done when actually it hasn't, or people on here jump the gun and believe a deal has been done when actually it hasn't, because they assume a deal is 'done' just because the two clubs have agreed a fee and/or the player has agreed basic terms, without appreciating the other negotiations and formalities that remain outstanding. But you can believe what you want.

See I have a slightly different opinion to you, but didn't respond by being either sarcastic and/or patronising. Not sure why you always talk to people like on this forum

Statto

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 25, 2020, 05:39:40 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 25, 2020, 04:23:17 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 25, 2020, 03:51:16 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 25, 2020, 01:57:10 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 25, 2020, 01:19:51 PM
The club love waiting for some reason to announce signings days later

I suspect the secret reason is that the player hasn't signed yet

Just because a player is rumoured to be having a medical on thursday, that doesn't mean we signed him the previous Monday

Given the way the club released one player a day a couple of weeks back when we had a seemingly ITK person here naming the signings several days before, I'd have thought this is similar. A reputed Italian journalist has already stated on twitter that a deal had been done and that the medical was to be completed yesterday, so apart from some unexpected snag with the medical, it leads me to believe he has signed. The club appear to stall announcing so that they can take photos, interview him, get shots/footage of him training with the squad etc. and then release this material onto the website at the same time as the announcement.

I think it far more plausible that both ITKs on here and "reputed Italian journalists" jump the gun and say a deal has been done when actually it hasn't, or people on here jump the gun and believe a deal has been done when actually it hasn't, because they assume a deal is 'done' just because the two clubs have agreed a fee and/or the player has agreed basic terms, without appreciating the other negotiations and formalities that remain outstanding. But you can believe what you want.

See I have a slightly different opinion to you, but didn't respond by being either sarcastic and/or patronising. Not sure why you always talk to people like on this forum
I must have a lot more to care/worry about than some people because I am so indescribably far from caring about someone taking a mildly sarcastic tone on an Internet forum.

Anyway....

JohnG

Maid Marion has gone back to Robin Hood!


FFCFOREVER


Denzil Dexter

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on September 25, 2020, 06:57:41 PM
But where's Marlon?
Looks like it's the usual calamity CB partnership for Villa then

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk


FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 25, 2020, 06:59:15 PM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on September 25, 2020, 06:57:41 PM
But where's Marlon?
Looks like it's the usual calamity CB partnership for Villa then

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Yep. And I was so hopeful.


rebel

I think we might have to look for pass announcements, for a clue when future announcements will be made.