News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Our Fans Can Get Us Relegated

Started by Andy S, September 06, 2026, 11:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Yesterday's performance was not one that deserved Boo's.we were on top for most of the game. I believe the tactics were wrong but that was down to the manager not the players,even though mistakes were made. Football is not an exact science. Booing will not improve any players confidence. Supporters who boo need to grow up and learn to encourage our team

Sgt Fulham

Booing is a symptom. The fans dont make us play suicidal football that will clearly get us relegated. I expect the booing was less for the players and more for the manager.

Whitestone

Booing is counterproductive. Nothing positive can come from booing your own team. If it continues the players will be fearful of playing at home and performances will suffer. We've surely all seen the toxic behaviour of supporters at West Ham and how that has carried over onto the playing field.


Craven Mad

Booing isn't ever great, but I think it's especially crazy to start booing this early into a new tenure.

Things obviously need to improve but we've only just started the season, the current players are still adjusting to the new roles, and the newest signings have only just arrived.

flyingfish

Quote from: Whitestone on September 06, 2026, 12:09:23 PMBooing is counterproductive. Nothing positive can come from booing your own team. If it continues the players will be fearful of playing at home and performances will suffer. We've surely all seen the toxic behaviour of supporters at West Ham and how that has carried over onto the playing field.

And spurs in particular.

I think the booing was a result of a number of things. We are all nervous of the change. A worry that Arbeloa isn't getting it right. Throwing away a lead twice to not even get a point and worst of all the absolutely shambolic nature of the goals. No doubt about it that repeats of all of that will see us down and can fully understand the fans frustration.

However I am worried that it will be hugely counterproductive and the players will not respond well and a cycle will start. Arbeloa needs to pick them up come up with a plan and show everyone that the attacking flair can be balanced with some form of solidity. No doubt we could dismantle some teams this season but a hammering by Liverpool and United will, I fear, be fatal to morale. If Arbeloa goes, then I fear for our Spaniards who joined to be with their mentor.

Milo

I think the booing lends itself to show the Manager/club that things need a rethink going forward tactics wise. That's clearly true.. so therefore helpful.

The issue is that the players will take it personally when they are probably just the "messenger" so to speak. That can create bad blood between players and Manager and make it harder for the Manager to turn things around.

This is why they get paid the big bucks.. when it goes well it's all bottles of champagne, WAGs, and trips to the Maldives.. but when it's going badly it's boos.


Andrew

I have never jeered my team.. I do groan a lot but that is a reflex action.

I don't think the fans boing can get us relegated. What will get us relegated is not having a team with an organised defence. Playing in such a kamikaze fashion can only end one way.

It's a shame for the players, they have no chance except to rebel...the manager? some people will say it's too soon to judge but the total lack of any defending means his days just have to be numbered unless he wakes up and smells the proverbial coffee. He has two get out of jail cards when losing to Liverpool and Manchester United as would seem inevitable, but after that, who knows.

flyingfish

Quote from: Andrew on September 06, 2026, 12:31:19 PMI have never jeered my team.. I do groan a lot but that is a reflex action.

I don't think the fans boing can get us relegated. What will get us relegated is not having a team with an organised defence. Playing in such a kamikaze fashion can only end one way.

It's a shame for the players, they have no chance except to rebel...the manager? some people will say it's too soon to judge but the total lack of any defending means his days just have to be numbered unless he wakes up and smells the proverbial coffee. He has two get out of jail cards when losing to Liverpool and Manchester United as would seem inevitable, but after that, who knows.
:slap:

Unless we lose each one 5 or even 3 nil.

Somerset Fulham

Booing is for children or for when you take children to a pantomime.  Not somethng that grown men should be doing.


Angus Telford

I'm fine with booing the ref or anyone Argentinian but yeah, not our own players, especially 3 games into new management after a game where we were robbed (albeit we essentially left the front door unlocked)

Andy S

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 06, 2026, 01:02:16 PMBooing is for children or for when you take children to a pantomime.  Not somethng that grown men should be doing.
totally agree. the problem could become worse. Then players loose +onfidence and make even more costly mistakes or even play safe scared to make a mistake. Then we have no spirit in the team and start losing every game. That's what gets you relegated. I thought we played quite well for most of yesterday. The booing  was not necessary

ArcticOctopus

To a large extent we get what we give, and I think if we want to see a little class, it'd help to show a little class.

If you're not supporting your team through adversity what kind of fan is that?


jayffc

Quote from: ArcticOctopus on September 06, 2026, 01:44:32 PMTo a large extent we get what we give, and I think if we want to see a little class, it'd help to show a little class.

If you're not supporting your team through adversity what kind of fan is that?
100% this

Bunch of entitled idiots booing a team with new young players adjusting to a new system

You have to be a serious level of idiot to think that such behaviour is conducive to improving our chances and helping our team settle together.

If you booed at the weekend ,get a grip. We absolutely have had some sloppy poor defensive moments but not like we just watched a team devoid of ideas and attacking intent. Also were robbed of a penalty tbh and you got people immediately jumping on the teams backs 3 games in to a 38 games eason. Counter productive to put it mildly

andyk

Lead twice, have a toenail offside go our way, have most possession, and playing at home. Lose.
Have a look how often that happens in the Prem. Rare as hen's teeth. 
It deserved a polite boo.

hopper

I certainly didn't boo, but I consider us a relatively tolerant and fair fanbase. I just think it's two performances at the cottage that has seen some of the most shambolic defending I've seen in my time and I don't mind the crowd voicing their displeasure at that. This was a pretty poor Palace side and we made it so easy.

I don't understand why Iwobi was booed, I didn't like that. Nor with AP in the past.


Southdowns White

I doubt whether many who have followed us through thick and thin over the last 50 years were booing. The supporters who did should have been around in the 80's and 90s when things really were dismal, repeated relegations, dismal displays, genuinely no hope.
We have a new manager, many new faces, older players unsure of the future. I think we have the makings of a good team, yes a little physically lightweight in some areas but we'll work through that. There are more positives than negatives at the moment but let's see where we are at Christmas, we'll certainly see what we need by then.
The boos are symptomatic of the instant gratification age we live in, lot's of babies throwing the rattle out of the pram. It may not be perfect but surely give it 10 games and see where we are and see where we are.

the nutflush

Maybe we should all hum the Benny Hill show theme music.  Thats where it looked like our defending was straight out of.

C Block

The supporters have every right to let Arbeloa and the board of directors know at the final whistle that that level of performance is not acceptable,
Arbeloa needed to hear those boo's he needed to know that the supporters aren't happy, he can now either change or he can stick to his guns, if he adopts that approach then he is walking on very thin ice.


Fulham 1879

All the boo boys aren't valued supporters. They should go and support Chelsea. Wouldn't be missed

andyk

Quote from: Southdowns White on September 06, 2026, 02:23:31 PMI doubt whether many who have followed us through thick and thin over the last 50 years were booing. The supporters who did should have been around in the 80's and 90s when things really were dismal, repeated relegations, dismal displays, genuinely no hope.
We have a new manager, many new faces, older players unsure of the future. I think we have the makings of a good team, yes a little physically lightweight in some areas but we'll work through that. There are more positives than negatives at the moment but let's see where we are at Christmas, we'll certainly see what we need by then.
The boos are symptomatic of the instant gratification age we live in, lot's of babies throwing the rattle out of the pram. It may not be perfect but surely give it 10 games and see where we are and see where we are.

I was around in those dark days, and those players got booed, a lot, almost every week. If anything those lads didnt deserve that. They weren't getting the 50k a week, the millionaire lifestyle, the state of the art training facilities, all the nutrition, physio, sports psychology supports. But they never complained , got on with it. Its the lot of the professional footballer, wherever they go. So, don't feel too sorry for the mega rich bright young things.  If they don't like the fans voicing their frustration, they could always pack it in, get a different job.