watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts on Chavs game

Started by Ordar, February 15, 2011, 12:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Gutted in the end, but ultimately we didnt deserve more than a point. Thought we played alright especially the end of the first half. Defended brilliantly, as we have been for weeks now, and never really looked like conceding.

Negatives:

- Schwarzer's distribution was absolutely abysmal. For me, Stockdale should be number 1. The difference in shot stopping is negligible, Schwarz is better on crosses, but Stockdales distribution is far better.   

- Murphy had a very poor game. Gave the ball away in dangerous areas several times. Typical performance (usually away from home) against a side pressuring him.

- Dempsey should not be on penalties. I said it when he took the one against Stoke. He lacks any finesse and all 3 he's taken have been pretty central. I'm also from the Thierry Henry school of, "if you win it you dont take it". This isnt a bash at Dempsey overall. I thought he worked hard again last night, and did well to draw the foul (similar to the one he drew from Hutton).

Positives

Sidwell was again immense! Was abused on these forums when we signed him, but has been absolutely outstanding for us. No chance of Dickson getting his place back.

Defensively we were again brilliant, as I mentioned. Reducing the chavs to very long range efforts. We sat back alot in the second half, granted. I would have taken the point before the game. Salcido did alright at LB and got forward.

The Subs actually did something when they came on. Our bench looked strong (apart for bemusingly having 2 RB's on it!?) Gudjohnson, Davies and Gera actually got involved, and we started to look much more dangerous (although Gera got a stupid booking, and what the hell was that 2 footed Gudjohnson tackle all about!)

All in all a decent point, against expensive opposition. I think we're all disappointed not to have won, given the circumstances. I have to say, I knew Dempsey was going to miss. Hopefully we can carry on our good form and progress in the FA Cup.

COYW!

FulhamMic

Quote from: Ordar on February 15, 2011, 12:09:10 PM
and what the hell was that 2 footed Gudjohnson tackle all about!

That's what a year training with Stoke under the guidance of Pulis will do to you!