News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Mark Hughes change the team for Sunday?

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, February 15, 2011, 05:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

We know that Hughes likes to play his strongest team in the cups, so I would not expect too many changes. However, I would like to see Gudjonsen and Davies start (after playing in the ressies today, I am not sure Gudjohnsen will)

What do people think? Will there be many changes?

mrska

The good thing is..  with the strength of the bench.. he can afford to make changes and not weaken the side..

White Noise

No. I don't think so.

Enough of a gap between this and the game after to ensure that players are rested.

I think Kakuta will be back on the bench but I don't see Bobby or Senderos being risked.

I see that Sturridge won't be playing for Bolton so Wigan's chances of victory have increased appreciably.

clint23

I think Davies should replace Duff in the starting eleven, and maybe Gera in, Murphy out because he looks very tired

TonyGilroy

Burt

Not too many changes... Hughes is taking this seriously. Which is good. Hamburg last season spoilt me, and my minimum expectation is Wembley later this year  :yay:

Matt

Quote from: clint23 on February 15, 2011, 05:37:59 PM
I think Davies should replace Duff in the starting eleven, and maybe Gera in, Murphy out because he looks very tired
Murphy looked tired in the second half against Chelsea, yes. But it is a week between the games so he'll get the rest he needs. In addition he has been one of our best players this season and if we want a success in the cup of course our captain should play.

If there's a change in the line-up I can see Guddy starting.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on February 15, 2011, 05:02:37 PM
We know that Hughes likes to play his strongest team in the cups, so I would not expect too many changes. However, I would like to see Gudjonsen and Davies start (after playing in the ressies today, I am not sure Gudjohnsen will)

Gudjohnsen hasn't played 90 minutes in two full seasons, unless I'm mistaken. Starting him in an important cup match seems strange. Who would you want Eidur and Super Taffy to replace? Dembele and Duff?

Oh, and in my ever so ever so 'umble opinion, Mark won't make up his mind until he sees who we're playing. There's a UNIVERSE of difference between the styles that Wigan and Bolton play.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Quote from: White Noise on February 15, 2011, 05:32:14 PM
No. I don't think so.

I think Kakuta will be back on the bench but I don't see Bobby or Senderos being risked.

I agree and would not risk either of them. Both are getting close and I would not play either until they are close to 100% healthy.
Fulham for life!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on February 15, 2011, 11:10:02 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on February 15, 2011, 05:02:37 PM

Gudjohnsen hasn't played 90 minutes in two full seasons, unless I'm mistaken. Starting him in an important cup match seems strange. Who would you want Eidur and Super Taffy to replace? Dembele and Duff?

Oh, and in my ever so ever so 'umble opinion, Mark won't make up his mind until he sees who we're playing. There's a UNIVERSE of difference between the styles that Wigan and Bolton play.

There is not too much difference between wigan aqnd bolton in terms of style but in terms of quality there is a rather large difference.

Gudjohnsen starting may be optimistic, but I would love to see Davies getting a run out. He has taken to the bench without complaint (unlike Gera, who has been poor this season) and had a very good cameo against Chelsea.

BalDrick

Would like to see Gudjohnsen get more than he had the other night, maybe 45 minutes. Nobody's done anything to merit dropping, and as the team are still gelling and learning the new system, I see this as a perfect opportunity to play basically the same team. Davies I agree is due more game time. Deuce and Dembele appeared to be the most exhausted on Monday night, so perhaps a bench place for them. Problem is, I have a feeling we're still a tad one-dimensional without Dembele.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

HatterDon

Quote from: BalDrick on February 16, 2011, 09:43:35 AM
Would like to see Gudjohnsen get more than he had the other night, maybe 45 minutes. Nobody's done anything to merit dropping, and as the team are still gelling and learning the new system, I see this as a perfect opportunity to play basically the same team. Davies I agree is due more game time. Deuce and Dembele appeared to be the most exhausted on Monday night, so perhaps a bench place for them. Problem is, I have a feeling we're still a tad one-dimensional without Dembele.

And toothless without Dempsey. A nice 4-0 halftime lead would make everything simpler, eh?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel