watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fellow Yanks - Fulham DVD help

Started by PaulUMD, February 17, 2011, 02:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulUMD

Friends, I'd like to purchase the season review DVD from the team shop, but I don't know if they have DVDs set for region 1 players.  I asked a nice lady in the team shop if they did, and she said they played in all DVD players, but she didn't seem particularly authoritative on the subject.  All of the ones on eBay seem to be either region 2 or region 0 (which play everywhere but in the States, basically).  Any other Yanks have issues with this?  I don't want to buy a DVD just for it not to play once it arrives.  Thanks for your help.

lamby

I am not a Seppo - but I have the 2009/2010 season review and it says it plays in all regions. I have played it on my region 4 (I think) Australian DVD player.

lamby

Quote from: lamby on February 17, 2011, 03:40:37 AM
I am not a Seppo - but I have the 2009/2010 season review and it says it plays in all regions. I have played it on my region 4 (I think) Australian DVD player.

Having said that - it is PAL, not NTSC which is the standard in the US. BUT, as long as you have a modernish flat screen it will play it. It is only the old fixed scan rate cathode ray tube tv's that were restricted. I think the DVD player can convert anyway. Otherwise rip it on your computer and convert it to whatever you want.

PaulUMD

Thanks.  I was worried about the difference between the PAL and the US specific NTSC.  I'm no techie, so I wanted to see if there was another alternative because my DVR player is rather old and probably wouldn't convert the PAL type.  I do have a new LCD HDTV, so if that's the issue then maybe I'm OK? 

Sorry, this is so out of my technological range!

lamby

Quote from: PaulUMD on February 17, 2011, 04:17:59 AM
Thanks.  I was worried about the difference between the PAL and the US specific NTSC.  I'm no techie, so I wanted to see if there was another alternative because my DVR player is rather old and probably wouldn't convert the PAL type.  I do have a new LCD HDTV, so if that's the issue then maybe I'm OK? 

Sorry, this is so out of my technological range!

If you have a new LCD HDTV it will be able to display pal and ntsc natively, and the dvd will output either. You will be fine.