watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Giggs, Giggs will still tear us apart, again

Started by os5889, February 18, 2011, 03:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

On a personal note I've nothing but respect and admiration for the bloke but he's a machine!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9401933.stm

Ryan Giggs signs new Manchester United contract 

Giggs has made over 850 appearances for Manchester United

Veteran Welsh winger Ryan Giggs has signed a one-year contract extension at Manchester United.

It means the 37-year-old will take his time at Old Trafford into a remarkable 21st year, having made his club debut as a substitute on 2 March, 1991.

And having already played 24 times for United this season, Giggs says he still has much to contribute to the team.

"It is great to know I'm contributing to the team's success. I feel I've still got a lot to offer," he said.

"All I've ever wanted to do is play for United and I've been lucky enough to do that for 20 years.

"This is an exciting time to be involved with so many good young players coming through."

His experience is so vital for the younger players in the squad

Sir Alex Ferguson on Giggs

Giggs has made more than 850 appearances for the club and recently played his 600th Premier League game.

"You run out of words to describe Ryan Giggs," said Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He is a marvellous player and a wonderful man.

"To have the desire and the ability to play at the top level in such a physically demanding position at his age requires a special person.

"He is still turning in man-of-the-match performances and his experience is so vital for the younger players in the squad."

Giggs' incredible haul of 32 winners' medals includes 11 Premier League and two Champions League titles.

Whiteroom

One of the all time greats. I hope Danny can go for that long.

HatterDon

Watched a Premier League Classic yesterday of them putting 9 or so past Ipswich must have been 95 or so. The number of managers on display that day -- Bruce, Ince, HUGHES -- and the only two guys I know who still kick a ball for a living, Giggs and Beckham.

I've seen Giggs play about 6 times this season, and to tell you the truth, he doesn't seem to have changed a bit in the last 5, 10, or 15 years.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

I'm sure even Red Scousers and Citeh fans must begrudgingly admit he is an all time legend. Not often you'll see me post anything positive about other teams players, but Giggs is pure class  :54:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on February 18, 2011, 09:02:58 PM
Watched a Premier League Classic yesterday of them putting 9 or so past Ipswich must have been 95 or so. The number of managers on display that day -- Bruce, Ince, HUGHES -- and the only two guys I know who still kick a ball for a living, Giggs and Beckham.

I've seen Giggs play about 6 times this season, and to tell you the truth, he doesn't seem to have changed a bit in the last 5, 10, or 15 years.
Beckham still kicking a ball for a living???? Honestly i know Redkrapp pretended he wanted him, but he'd struggle in the Championship now. Giggs and becks no comparison.

os5889

SSN were saying 1 more winners medal and he becomes the most decorated footballer in terms of medals of all time. He's joint top on31 at the moment, Pele had 26, Maldini 25. Very esteemed company!

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 18, 2011, 09:11:49 PM
I'm sure even Red Scousers and Citeh fans must begrudgingly admit he is an all time legend. Not often you'll see me post anything positive about other teams players, but Giggs is pure class  :54:
I'll second that
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ron

Ryan Giggs is the ultimate model professional, and the kind of bloke our kids will tell their grandchildren they watched play.

He is a testament to single mindedness of purpose and focus on career, and has only one glaring fault......

....he didn't spend any of it at the Cottage !

alfie

I don't think there is any question about Giggs being the most talented player currently playing in the premiership, the mans skill is amazing.

The one thing i don't like about him, he and Gary Neville must be the biggest moaners in the premiership, those pair continously harrang the ref about everything, still wish he was at Fulham.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't