watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (19.02.2011)

Started by White Noise, February 19, 2011, 07:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3420796/Eidur-Gudjohnsen-hails-Mark-Hughes-revolution-at-Fulham.html

Eidur reads the Gud Bar guide

By ANDREW DILLON

Published: Today

EIDUR GUDJOHNSEN reckons Mark Hughes is leading a Barcelona-inspired revolution at Fulham.

Striker Gudjohnsen and boss Sparky played at the Nou Camp and are now recreating a touch of Catalonia at Craven Cottage.

The Iceland star, 32, is in line for his first start tomorrow against Bolton as he chases an elusive FA Cup winners' medal.

Gudjohnsen said: "I'm sure you take things from your playing career into management. The training sessions reflect that.

"There is high intensity and possession play, that is the same as at Barcelona.

"We play good football at Fulham. We pass and move and try to play to our strengths and that is keeping the ball on the floor.

"I'm really enjoying my time here - there is a good tempo and I've been impressed by the whole set up.

"The FA Cup is the only trophy I haven't won, apart from the World Cup - but I don't think Iceland will be winning that anytime soon.

"I lost the 2002 final with Chelsea against Arsenal.

"I remember the excitement leading up to the final. It is the most special cup competition in the world because of its history."

White Noise

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3420623/Eidur-Gudjohnsen-is-in-line-for-a-Fulham-deal.html

Eidur's Gud for a Cottage deal

Published: 18 Feb 2011

FULHAM boss Mark Hughes has revealed Eidur Gudjohnsen is on course to secure a permanent deal at Fulham.

Gudjohnsen joined the Cottagers last month on a loan deal from Stoke until the end of the season.

The 32-year-old has since been limited to two substitute appearances, but Hughes has been impressed with what he has seen so far.

Sparky said: "We've got Eidur until the end of the season and we're pleased with him.

"There will be chances between now and the end of the season and if he continues the way he has been in training, I'm sure there will be conversations to be had.

"I knew I was getting a good player given his pedigree and the quality I've witnessed in the past.

"It was never a risk. His last club didn't work out for him and I'm delighted he's here. He's added quality to the group."

Hughes revealed that Bobby Zamora is on schedule after the England marksman was on target for the reserves in midweek.

Zamora is close to a first-team return after six months out with a broken leg while Philippe Senderos is also approaching full fitness following his battle with an Achilles problem.

Hughes said: "Philippe and Bobby are training with the full group and are doing what everyone else is doing. They just need full games now.

"We had a game in the week. Bobby had 60 minutes and Philippe 45. They came through it fine so we're pleased with their progress.

"We'll give them more games over the coming weeks and see how they go.

"It's great for Bobby, the team and the club that he's so close. He's a big presence in and around the team.

"He's a very loud and happy guy and is a big personality around the place.

Fulham host Bolton on Sunday in the fifth round of the FA Cup and Hughes is determined for his side to progress as far as possible in the competition.

He explained: "I've picked strong teams right from the beginning, that's what I do.

"I like to have a go in the cup because there aren't that many competitions in which you have a realistic opportunity to have a run.

"Why give up that opportunity easily? We'll give the competition the respect it deserves and see how far we can go. We've done well so far up to this point."

White Noise

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/177527/Steve-is-full-of-cup-confidence/

STEVE IS FULL OF CUP CONFIDENCE

Steve Sidwell has slotted in nicely at Fulham

19th February 2011

By Dale Tempest 

Fulham look a cracking each-way pick at our 20-1 for the FA Cup and the West London outfit look a stand-out at our 11-10 to beat Bolton tomorrow.

Boss Owen Coyle has got the Trotters playing well and midfielder Lee Chung-Yong has been a revelation this season.

However, this will be Wanderers' third game in six days and Fulham are an in-form team who are very difficult to beat at Craven Cottage.

Ex-Villan Steve Sidwel has slotted in nicely next to Danny Murphy in the centre of the park and a win for Mark Hughes' side is on the cards.

Everton boss David Moyes looked a lost man after his team's inept performance against Bolton and although the Toffees have a decent recent record against Chelsea, Carlo Ancelotti's team are favourites in the fourth round replay today. We have Chelsea at 8-15 for this one.

All eyes will be on Crawley's visit to Manchester United as the hosts have a vital Champions League engagement in midweek so it looks likely Sir Alex will field a reserve side.

They will win but our 1-16 makes no appeal as Crawley will be tough to crack.

Class will tell after the interval so take our 10-11 about the second half producing most goals and have a small bet on there being under three goals at a massive 11-4.

With a Premier League title to fight for and a Carling Cup final next week, Arsenal are also likely to send out a second-string at in-form Orient.

Expect the O's to put up a battling first-half display and back the draw at half-time and the Gunners full-time at our 3-1.

Other big-price HT/FT wagers to appeal are Sheffield Wednesday HT/Birmingham FT at 22-1 and Burnley HT/West Ham FT at a huge 25-1.

Magpies boss Paul Ince has his Notts County team organised in defence and it might be wise to bet against

Manchester City routing the visitors, so our 7-4 about there being under three goals here looks worth taking

White Noise

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6760569,00.html

GUDJOHNSEN BACK ON TRACK AT FULHAM

Posted 19/02/11 06:49

Eidur Gudjohnsen admits it is "nice to be loved again" after swapping Stoke for Fulham in an effort to revive his career.

Gudjohnsen has joined the Cottagers on loan until the end of the season, when he becomes a free agent.

The 32-year-old Iceland striker endured a difficult five months at the Britannia Stadium, where he made just five substitute appearances.

Only two matches into his spell at Fulham and Gudjohnsen is relieved to see the gloom he felt at Stoke is already lifting.

"It's nice to be loved again. I'll say that blatantly, I feel the coaching staff are happy to have me here and have great belief in me," he said.

"That helps. No disrespect to Stoke, if you are not in the team it's frustrating.

"I thought that if nothing happens at Stoke I might just fade away a little bit. I needed to move. I felt so bad.

"It had been since April since I started a game in the league. Too long had gone by.

"There was no negativity. I spoke to (Stoke boss) Tony Pulis and we came to the conclusion that it might be better for both parties if I moved on.

"Packing in never crossed my mind. I always felt I have enough left in me and I intend to use this time to get my playing career back on track."

Gudjohnsen, who includes Chelsea, Barcelona, Monaco and Tottenham among his former clubs, remains confused why his spell at Stoke proved such a disappointment.

"It was weird that basically I never got the chance," he said.

"I made a handful of substitute appearances - 10 to 15 minutes max.

"Nothing bad happened, it just didn't work out - different styles of play maybe.

"A difference of opinion, it was difficult to say what it was. In the end it was an easy decision to leave.

"The boys at Fulham have welcomed me in the dressing room with open arms.

"They're a good bunch of lads and I've got a lot to give still."

Gudjohnsen could feature in Sunday's FA Cup fifth round clash with Bolton.

"The FA Cup is the only trophy I haven't won, apart from the World Cup but I don't think Iceland will be winning that anytime soon," he said.

"I lost the final with Chelsea against Arsenal and that was a time when I hadn't won any trophies either.

"I remember the excitement leading up to the final and it is the most special cup competition in the world because of its history."

White Noise

Fulham striker hoping to put nightmare Stoke spell behind him

By Paul Warburton

Feb 19 2011

EIDUR Gudjohnsen hopes 18 months of turmoil are behind him after joining Fulham in the transfer window last month.

The former Chelsea forward is likely to get only his seventh appearance of the campaign when he features in the FA Cup clash with Bolton tomorrow – but even that will be 11 months since he got any kind of start in a first team.

The Icelander was all warmth to his new club this week – and if there was a case of chalk and cheese – it's the contrast between the Whites and Stoke City, according to the player.

Gudjohnsen was left to watch from the sidelines in a frustrating spell at the Britannia Stadium earlier this season. But although he had offers to play abroad – there was never a doubt once Fulham came in for him.

He said: "It's nice to be loved again. I feel Fulham a have great belief in me, and it's difficult when you don't play. It's difficult to find the self-motivation.

"It was a weird situation because I never got the chance at Stoke. Was it different styles of play, maybe? Or opinion? But in the end it was the manager's decision, and although I worked hard in training – I didn't end up playing.

"It was an easy decision to leave after I spoke to Tony Pulis (manager) and said it might be better for both parties that I moved on.

"To really settle in, you need a bit more than three or four months."

Gudjohnsen took a wage cut to make the Craven Cottage move, but figures he has to until the end of the season to earn a longer deal starting with the one trophy he's never won – despite an illustrious career that includes Barcelona, Tottenham and Monaco – as well as the neighbours down the Fulham Road.

He said: "I've never won the FA Cup.

"It's the one I've never won apart from the World Cup. I lost the final to Arsenal when I was at Chelsea.

"But even though we lost, it was a wonderful experience. There's something exciting and romantic about the FA Cup because of its history.

"It does surprise me there were only 7,000 at Wigan the other night – because it is the best cup competition. There should have been more – and I'm sure there will be tomorrow."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/02/19/fulham-striker-hoping-to-put-nightmare-stoke-spell-behind-him-82029-28195426/#ixzz1EO8mdPeD

White Noise

Coyle: I'm overdue a cup final

Published 23:00 18/02/11

By Alan Nixon

Owen Coyle has revealed the secret reason why he wants to steer Bolton to the FA Cup Final at Wembley - he had to miss out on his last cup final.

Coyle's side will start dreaming if they can beat Fulham tomorrow to make the quarter-finals.

The Wanderers' chief was in charge of Scottish side St Johnstone when they made the Challenge Cup Final three years ago, but left the club just before the big day to take charge at Burnley.

Coyle recalled: "It was the right thing at the right time," he recalled. "In an ideal world I would have won the trophy and gone. But it wasn't to be. I am not afraid to make the big decisions, whether they are right, wrong or indifferent.

"I had prepared the team all week, it was all in place to go and win it. But I went to Burnley, we drew the first game with Stoke and I drove up to see the lads play in the final the day after.

"Sandy Stewart was in charge and it was nice that it came together and they won and my leaving did not have a negative impact. It was the first trophy St Johnstone had won in years.

"I kicked every ball, they went 3-0 up and Dunfermline brought it back to 3-2. The players and the club got their reward.

"I left because I was a young manager on a journey and had aspirations to get to the top level. The chairman knew that and was great with me. He knew that I was ambitious to go."

Coyle would love Bolton to go to Wembley now, with the familiar pressure of facing relegation already banished for this season.

"Everybody wants to be among the honours," he said. "My priority is to improve the club from where I found it and try to progress. If a trophy came our way that would be unbelievable. It is still step-by-step, we have to walk before we can run."

Sam Ricketts joins Zat Knight on the sidelines with an achilles tendon rupture, meaning Bolton have lost half of their defence in the space of two games. Gretar Steinsson will not be rushed after a knee problem, either.

Coyle is devastated for Ricketts, who faces a six-month lay-off.

"It is a crying shame," he said. "He has been in terrific form. It looked innocuous, he just stumbled trying to get a tackle in."

The Bolton boss will have a new-look back line at Craven Cottage and will assess the fitness of a few after their midweek replay win at Wigan. He said: "I will pick a team with enough energy and intensity to win a game."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Bolton-Owen-Coyle-is-eager-to-get-to-FA-Cup-Final-having-quit-as-St-Johnstone-boss-in-2005-just-days-before-they-won-Scottish-Challenge-Cup-to-take-the-Burnley-job-article701181.html#ixzz1EOAQglbP

White Noise

Dempsey and Davies fit for Fulham's cup tie

Published 14:28 18/02/11

By MirrorFootball

Clint Dempsey and Simon Davies are expected to feature in Fulham's FA Cup fifth-round tie against Bolton on Sunday.

Dempsey (toe) and Davies (ankle) have minor knocks, but should participate in the showdown at Craven Cottage.

Philippe Senderos (Achilles) and Bobby Zamora (broken leg) remain on course in their rehabilitation from long-term injuries.

Team (from): Schwarzer, Stockdale, Pantsil, Hangeland, Hughes, Baird, Briggs, Davies, Murphy, Sidwell, Duff, Dempsey, Gudjohnsen, Kakuta, Kamara, Gera, Dembele, Salcido, Greening, Johnson, Halliche.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-Bolton-team-news-Clint-Dempsey-and-Simon-Davies-expected-to-be-fit-despite-minor-injuries-Philippe-Senderos-and-Bobby-Zamora-remain-out-article701219.html#ixzz1EODID4WG

White Noise

http://www.footballfancast.com/2011/02/football-news/hughes-slams-plans-for-cup-changes

Hughes slams plans for Cup changes

Date: 18th February 2011 at 7:30 pm |

Written by FFC News Desk

Fulham manager Mark Hughes fears that the FA will kill the 'romance and magic' of the FA Cup with proposed changes for the 2012/13 season.

The FA are weighing up plans to scrap replays altogether and seed teams in future years, potentially putting an end to David and Goliath battles such as non-league Crawley Town's trip to Manchester United on Saturday.

But Hughes, who will lead the Cottagers against fellow top-flight outfit Bolton Wanderers in a fifth-round tie on Sunday, believes the proposed changes will spell the end of the competition altogether.

"I think the romance and magic of the FA Cup is bound very closely to playing non-league teams and difficult away fixtures and ties and that's why it's such a competition," Hughes said.

"I think the suggestion is they will try and seed teams and I think that would kill the competition to be perfectly honest."

"I can only speak for myself and my players and I know that we're looking forward to the game on Sunday, I know that we want to progress."

"I think it's about priorities and maybe some clubs, managers and players to a certain extent have different priorities these days in terms of going for Champions League positions or just trying to stay in the Premier League and that has maybe changed the focus from what it would have been years ago."

"But if you're in the competition, why not try and go as far as you can – that's certainly been my attitude to it."

Hughes also indicated he would continue to show 'respect' for the FA Cup by picking a strong side to face Bolton, who have enjoyed a charmed run into February with league victories over Wolverhampton and Everton and Wednesday's defeat of Wigan Athletic in a fourth-round replay.

"I've picked strong teams in fairness right from the beginning," Hughes said.

"That's what I do, I like to have a go in the cups and there are not that many competitions that you realistically have a chance to have a run in, so why give up that opportunity easily."

"So we'll try and give the competition the respect it deserves and see how far we can go."

"Bolton are a good team, I watched them on Wednesday and I think they were worthy winners in fairness and that wasn't with a full strength side."

"They have lost players, we may benefit from that but obviously it just depends on what team Owen Coyle picks."

White Noise

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/18/squad-sheets-fulham-bolton-wanderers

Squad sheets: Fulham v Bolton Wanderers

Guardian.co.uk, Friday 18 February 2011 18.32 GMT

The Bolton manager, Owen Coyle, declared his love for the FA Cup before and after Wednesday's fourth-round replay at Wigan, but it did not prevent him from making six changes to the team that had beaten Everton in the league. A season-ending injury to Sam Ricketts will force at least one more change on Saunday, with Marcos Alonso likely to start. Fulham's manager, Mark Hughes, fielded his strongest side against Tottenham in the last round and could do so again as he seeks to extend a run of nine matches with only one defeat. Nick Szczepanik

Venue Craven Cottage, Saturday 3pm

Tickets £20 (0843 208 1234)

Previous meetings Fulham wins 25 Bolton wins 31 Draws 23

Referee S Attwell

This season's league matches 18 Y57, R2, 3.39 cards per game

Odds Fulham 6-5 Bolton 13-5 Draw 23-10

Fulham v Bolton Wanderers. Probabale starters in bold, contenders in light. Photograph: Graphic

Fulham

Subs from Etheridge, Stockdale, Kelly, Briggs, Halliche, Greening, Gudjohnsen, Gera, Davies, Kamara, Kakuta

Doubtful Davies (ankle), Dempsey (toe)

Injured Etuhu (hamstring, 27 Feb), Senderos, Zamora (both match fitness, 27 Feb)

Suspended None

Form guide (all comps) DDWWLW

Disciplinary record Y35 R0

Leading scorer Dempsey 10

Bolton

Subs from Bogdan, Lainton, Moreno, Blake, Cohen, Elmander, M Davies, Taylor, O'Halloran, Eaves

Doubtful None

Injured Knight (knee, 26 Mar), Davis (knee, Aug), Ricketts (achilles, Aug), Gardner (thigh, unknown), Samuel (calf, unknown), Steinsson (knee, unknown)

Suspended None

Ineligible Sturridge (Cup-tied)

Form guide (all comps) WWLWDL

Disciplinary record Y56 R4

Leading scorer Elmander 10

Match pointers

• Bolton have not kept a clean sheet at Fulham in league or cup since December 1990

• Fulham have averaged a goal every 17 minutes at home in domestic cup games this season

• Bolton have scored just 10 goals in their last 20 FA Cup matches against Premier League opposition

• Fulham have avoided defeat in 12 of their last 13 home meetings with Bolton in all competitions

• Bolton have kept three consecutive clean sheets in the FA Cup for the first time since early 2006

White Noise

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23924486-bobby-zamoras-dreaming-of-return-thanks-to-our-sleep-woman.do

Bobby Zamora's dreaming of return thanks to our 'sleep woman'

Dickson Etuhu

18 Feb 2011

Bobby Zamora has a smile on his face again. Yes, he is back playing after six months out with a broken leg but, just as importantly, he is not feeling tired anymore.

The reason? We call her the "sleep woman" at Fulham. Since the New Year, Bobby and his partner, Louise, have been using a miracle worker who has helped to get his twin girls sleeping through the night.

Any parent will tell you that the hardest part of bringing up kids is the fatigue you feel through lack of sleep.

Bobby's girls, Gisele and Siena, were born in
August last year just before he made his England debut.

One child, as my wife, Chinyere, and I know, is tough, but twins?

Bobby broke his leg the following month after a bad tackle by Wolves midfielder Karl Henry, so subsequently spent a lot of time at home.
He and Louise couldn't get the girls into any kind of pattern . . . so I told him to use my sleep woman.

Danny Murphy and his wife, Joanna, were the first to use her at Fulham for their second child, Ethan, last summer. It changed their lives. Danny would constantly be coming into training raving about her . . . I thought it was just to good to be true.

So when Chinyere and I were having problems getting my little man Zaccai to sleep at night, we had to give it a try. Zaccai is two in July but he would be up and down at all hours of the night. It got so bad that we just did not know what to do so, despite my scepticism, we had to give the sleep woman a go.

Within three weeks, my son was sleeping from 6pm to 8am. No joke. We couldn't believe it. Now, after dinner, Chinyere and I are sat together with time on our hands wondering what to do. Of course, we love our boy to bits and love spending time with him but he is a different child now he is sleeping at night. I have to rush home after training to see him because once the clock strikes 6pm, he's gone for the night.

So when I heard Bobby's story, the answer was obvious. Within a fortnight, the sleep woman had worked her magic again.

The lovely lady's name is Lin Elderkin. She has more than 20 years' experience having been a maternity nurse and does all her work over the phone. She is amazing and Danny, me and now Bobby are indebted to her.

Bobby played the second reserve game of his come back this week, against Everton, and scored again. He's looking sharp which is great news for the rest of the boys who take on Bolton at Craven Cottage on Sunday in the FA Cup.

That game comes too soon for Bobby and for me, sadly. I returned to training on Wednesday after my hamstring injury against Stoke last month. I'm feeling good and desperate to get back into the first team. We had another good result against Chelsea on Monday taking us up the Premier League table.

Beating Bolton and reaching the quarter-finals of the Cup would be reward for our supporters and would be a great way to start the week as we are off to Portugal on Monday for four days of warm-weather training.

White Noise

Fulham v Bolton tickets

FA Cup sponsored by E.ON

Sunday 20th February

Kick-Off 15:00

Tickets for Sunday's FA Cup encounter will be available to buy on the gate.

Supporters who wish to pay on the gate are strongly advised to arrive at least an hour before Kick-Off.

To allow as many Juniors to experience the buzz and excitement of live Cup football at the Cottage, we are offering Junior tickets for just £1 (offer valid until midnight Saturday)! Adults can purchase theirs for only £20.

On-sale dates
Season Ticket Holders On sale (6 tickets)
Fulham Club Members On sale (6 tickets)
General Sale On sale (6 tickets)
Loyalty points: 5 (more info)| 

Supporters on the Home Cup Scheme will automatically be debited and tickets will be loaded on to Season Ticket cards. If you are on the home cup tie and your card has expired or changed recently please contact the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (option 3) to update your details.

Buy tickets online|

How to Buy Tickets
Pay on the Gate
buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm * Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

Prices   
NB: Blocks A and AL are a designated Family Area and are not available to  book online. To book, call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 opt 3 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

Ticket Prices   Price 
Adults   £20 
Concessions (16 to under 21 & over 65)   £10 
Juniors (under 16)   £1 (£5 on matchday) 

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/FACup5RoundCupHome.aspx#ixzz1EKifjlqI

White Noise

Matchday Programme

FA Cup action returns to Craven Cottage on Sunday as the Whites look to secure their place in a third successive Quarter-Final by defeating visiting Bolton Wanderers.

As a player, Mark Hughes won the trophy on four occasions and would like nothing more than to lift it as a manager too. His Fulham team is again giving it a good go, having beaten Peterborough 6-2 and Tottenham 4-0 in the Third and Fourth Rounds respectively.

Owen Coyle's Bolton present a testing hurdle, and the two teams played out a 0-0 stalemate at the Reebok Stadium on the opening day of the season. But with both sides enjoying fine recent form, goals are expected this time around.

With the magic of the Cup on display, what better way to remember what will hopefully prove to be another memorable cup run than with the ultimate matchday souvenir – the Club's Official Programme?

Buy a copy this Sunday and you will also automatically be entered into a draw to win more than £100 worth of Jack Wolfskin goodies.

This week's essential Matchday read includes:

An exclusive one-on-one feature interview with one of our players of the season so far – Chris Baird. 
Fulham Manager Mark Hughes' thoughts on recent results.
Danny Murphy reflects on the SW6 derby and looks forward to another thrilling cup encounter.
Clint Dempsey reveals his thoughts on the FA Cup and his ambitions of progressing.
Expert Analysis from former Fulham and Bolton midfielder Claus Jensen.
Fulham favourite Simon Morgan on his Cup memories and how far the Club has come.
The popular Black & White Eye, covering all things Fulham.
Match action from our the gripping SW6 derby against Chelsea.
Contributions from the Fulham Faithful, interaction and loads of fun for younger fans too.
Plus, so much more besides!

The brilliant publication will be on sale in and around the ground from two hours before kick-off and at half-time.

If you miss your copy outside then look out for sellers on the Putney and Hammersmith Terrace, or at half-time from the programme room situated inside the Johnny Haynes Stand by Block E (opposite Turnstile 24).

Buy Matchday Programmes online|

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Fanzone/FFCMatchdayProgramme.aspx#ixzz1EK2ECw3Y

White Noise

Bolton face defensive reshuffle against Fulham

Published 11:50 18/02/11

By MirrorFootball

Bolton will be without half of their first-choice back four for Sunday's FA Cup fifth-round trip to Fulham.

Zat Knight is expected to miss six weeks with a knee ligament injury, and Trotters boss Owen Coyle today confirmed MirrorFootball's story that Sam Ricketts ruptured his Achilles against Wigan on Wednesday and will be out for the rest of the season .

With full-backs Gretar Steinsson and Jlloyd Samuel still sidelined, Marcos Alonso may again be asked to deputise.

In-form striker Daniel Sturridge is cup-tied, having played for parent club Chelsea in round three before his loan move to Bolton.

Team (from): Bogdan, Jaaskelainen, Robinson, Cahill, Wheater, Muamba, Petrov, K Davies, Elmander, Klasnic, Taylor, Alonso, Rodrigo, M Davies, Cohen, Holden, Steinsson, Blake, O'Halloran, Lee, Lainton.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-Bolton-team-news-Bolton-missing-defenders-Knight-Ricketts-Steinsson-Samuel-with-injury-so-Alonso-expected-to-play-Sturridge-cup-tied-article701157.html#ixzz1EK1R94E3

White Noise

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/bolton_wanderers/s/1408619_fulham_v_bolton_fa_cup_preview

Fulham v Bolton: FA Cup preview

February 18, 2011

Gary Cahill believes Bolton can cope with a double defensive blow to reach the FA Cup quarter-finals at Fulham on Sunday.

Wanderers have confirmed that Sam Ricketts season is over.

The Welsh international, who will also miss his country's European Championship qualifier against England in Cardiff next month, ruptured his Achilles in Wednesday's 1-0 win at Wigan.

Manager Owen Coyle lost centre-half Zat Knight for up to six weeks with medial ligament damage against Everton last Sunday.

And regular right-back Gretar Steinsson has missed most of the year with a troublesome knee problem.

However, Cahill feels Wanderers have the depth of squad to cope with the set-backs.

"The night went fantastically well at Wigan apart from Sam's injury," said the England  international, expected to captain the side again at Craven Cottage.

"It doesn't look too good for him and to lose two big players like Zat and Sam in back-to-back games is a big blow.

"However, 'Robbo' (Paul Robinson) has bags of experience and I don't think it was a problem for him switching to right back.

"Marcos Alonso came on at left back and got to grips with the pace of the game well on a difficult playing surface."

In Knight's absence, Cahill partnered former Middlesbrough defender David Wheater and the duo have already struck up a good understanding.

Indeed, Bolton haven't conceded a goal while Wheater has been on the pitch.

He made his debut in the 0-0 cup draw against Wigan at the Reebok, helped Wanderers to a 2-0 victory against Everton after replacing Knight and then achieved another shut out at the DW Stadium.

"Wheats was fantastic when he came on against Everton. And at Wigan it was no different. I was really impressed.

"Zat's absence has given David his chance and he has taken it with both hands.

"It's a different partnership but one I am enjoying. .

"We have kept a couple of clean sheets which is pleasing and we hope that continues."

Bolton Wanderer (from): Bogdan, Jaaskelainen, Robinson, Cahill, Wheater, Muamba, Petrov, K Davies, Elmander, Klasnic, Taylor, Alonso, Rodrigo, M Davies, Cohen, Holden, Steinsson, Blake, O'Halloran, Lee, Lainton.

Prediction: Fulham 1 Bolton 1 - this one might require a replay.

White Noise

Matchday Travel Update

Friday 18th February 2011

Supporters attending Sunday's match against Bolton Wanderers at the Cottage should be aware of transport disruptions on the day of the game.

On the District Line there will be no service between West Kensington, Richmond and Ealing Broadway. Replacement buses will operate.

On the Piccadilly Line there will be no service between Hammersmith, Northfields and Ealing Common.

Supporters are advised to check the TfL website| before they travel.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/February/BoltonTravelUpdate.aspx#ixzz1EJP6oudo

White Noise

Cup Magic

Saturday 19th February 2011

Eidur Gudjohnsen made his home debut for Fulham against Chelsea in the SW6 derby on Monday night and as the Team prepare for Sunday's FA Cup clash at the Cottage, Gudjohnsen spoke of his happiness at having arrived in SW6 following a difficult spell at Stoke.

"I've really enjoyed my time at Fulham so far," Gudjohnsen explained. "Training has been good and I've been impressed by the whole set up at Fulham – it's really professional.

"I'm just glad that I'm here. It's a good club and we play good football - it's about pass and move. We play to our strengths, we keep the ball on the floor and there's a good mixture of players at the Club.

"I feel really comfortable in the dressing room and all the boys have welcomed me with open arms. I feel that I've still got a lot to give. Physically, I've been injury free for most of my career and I'm full of energy. Hopefully that will reflect in the games I play."

Gudjohnsen came within reach of winning the FA Cup in 2002 but was denied by Arsenal at the Millienium Stadium in Wales. Having won two Premier League titles, two Community Shields and the Football League Cup, Gudjohnsen would dearly love to complete his English medal collection with Fulham this season as the Whites prepare to face Bolton in the 5th Round on Sunday afternoon.

"I lost in the Final of the FA Cup against Arsenal when I played for Chelsea and that was at a time when I hadn't won any trophies in my career. It was difficult to take in losing the Final but I remember the excitement leading up to the game and it was a great, great day. Even though we lost it was a wonderful experience.

"It's [the FA Cup] the most special cup competition in the world because of its history and special moments that stick out. There is something exciting and romantic about the FA Cup."

Gudjohnsen will remain at the Cottage until the end of the 2010/11 season but after returning to West London after spells in Barcelona, Monaco, North London and Stoke, the Icelandic international would clearly love to settle down and do what he loves doing best. 

"It's [football] the best game in the world and I just love it," Gudjohnsen explained. "I feel great still and I still really enjoy coming in every morning.

"Over the past 18 months I've been here, there and everywhere and it's not easy moving from one place to another without settling down. To really settle in somewhere you need a bit more than three or four months but it's given me a great incentive to show what I'm capable of.

"I'll be on a free transfer this summer and it's down to me to try and help the team as much as I can from now until the end of the season. I'm more than capable of playing at a high level and we'll open discussions when the time comes."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/February/EidurCupPreview.aspx#ixzz1EOQFIFxp

White Noise

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/February/ThirdShirtPrinting.aspx

Free Shirt Printing

Saturday 19th February 2011

Free Third shirt printing for a limited time

From Saturday 19th February, for a limited time, fans can take advantage of FREE printing of all Third Shirts bought instore while stocks last. That means you can have your favourite Fulham player such as Dempsey, Hangeland, Dembele, Murphy or simply get your own name and number on the back absolutely FREE.

Drop by the Fulham Road or Stadium Store and purchase the great Fulham Third Kit and we'll print a name and number of your choice, saving you £12!

Available on all Third Shirts, Adults and Juniors, long sleeve and short sleeve but only while stocks last.

Come down to the Official Fulham retail outlets to take advantage of this limited time offer.

White Noise

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3311617/youth/arsenal-yth-v-fulham-yth?tab=report

Arsenal 1-3 Fulham

FA Premier Academy League,

Saturday, February 19, 2011, 10:45

Two goals in three minutes late in the second half consigned Arsenal Under-18s to defeat at London Colney on Saturday.

Josh Pritchard fired Fulham ahead after 18 minutes but Zak Ansah grabbed an equaliser on the stroke of half-time.

The match remained in the balance until, with 15 minutes left, Marcello Trotta put the visitors in front again. Three minutes later, Arsenal defender Martin Angha put through his own net to complete the scoring.