News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did We Miss A Duff Or Davies Contribution?

Started by White Noise, February 20, 2011, 05:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Do you think our lack of width in the absence of either of these two was a contributory factor to our problems today?

alfie

i think a ref who knew what he was doing might have helped
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cebu

Alfie is obviously right, but Duff/Davies can play the wings better than Zoltan. No, I'm NOT blaming him for us losing.

clint23

Quote from: cebu on February 20, 2011, 06:16:06 PM
Alfie is obviously right, but Duff/Davies can play the wings better than Zoltan. No, I'm NOT blaming him for us losing.

+1

Tonywa

Quote from: White Noise on February 20, 2011, 05:43:36 PM
Do you think our lack of width in the absence of either of these two was a contributory factor to our problems today?

Undoubtedly and I think it a touch facile just to blame the referee as others have done, diabolical though he was.  If the team as a whole had bothered to turn up in the first half we might have done better.  As it was almost every shot we had was deflected for a corner and in the ene we were indebted to several fine saves from Mark Schwarzer to save us from a real drubbing.  Just one of those days!

mccscratch

Zoltan looked very much like a player that has been out of the side for a while... He is certainly a better playing in a sub role when we are tied or ahead. He needs time on the ball and to not be hacked once he recieves it. Dembele and Bobby are the best we have in receiving and maintaining posession when pressed.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

MJG

Quote from: mccscratch on February 20, 2011, 06:59:05 PM
Zoltan looked very much like a player that has been out of the side for a while... He is certainly a better playing in a sub role when we are tied or ahead. He needs time on the ball and to not be hacked once he recieves it. Dembele and Bobby are the best we have in receiving and maintaining posession when pressed.

I love Zolton as a player but he is not a wide Midfielder. He should play as one of front two or not at all, wasted in Midfield.

Ron Sheepskin

Absolutely. Had the very same discussion at halftime. I believe Duffer has a slight injury, but no idea why Davies wasn't there. Gera jus couldn't provide the width, and Salcido tried hard, but couldn't be in defence and midfield at the same time.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

cebu

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on February 20, 2011, 07:43:26 PM

Absolutely. Had the very same discussion at halftime. I believe Duffer has a slight injury, but no idea why Davies wasn't there. Gera jus couldn't provide the width, and Salcido tried hard, but couldn't be in defence and midfield at the same time.

According to MH's Friday pre-match comments, Simon did have an injury, but was expected to be available.

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: cebu on February 20, 2011, 07:46:47 PM
Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on February 20, 2011, 07:43:26 PM

According to MH's Friday pre-match comments, Simon did have an injury, but was expected to be available.
Cheers cebu, missed that one.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.