News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Somebody needs to get all the refs together and....

Started by jarv, February 20, 2011, 07:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Say....ENOUGH is ENOUGH. Call every shirt pull, call every bear hug, call every rugby tackle. Penalties and red cards galore. It will stop in about 2 weeks when some games finish 9 a side!!!
I am sick of it, don't know about you. :014:
Fulham suffered again today because of it.

cebu

You're absolutely right, but wonder what will have to occur to make this happen. Maybe a campaign by important people, i.e. Sir Red Nose and The Whinger?

Peabody

I agree, I thought the refereeing this season had got worse but Stuart Attwell today was abysmal. There were clear cut fouls, yet he continuously waved play on. I know, sometimes, we fans tend to blame the ref but today was inexcusable. He bottled every major decision. Just to balance it up, Chris Baird should have gone for raising his fist to Petrov and Petrov should have gone for using his elbow.

Ron Sheepskin

It wasn't just Attwell either. That old fogey running the line in front of the Riverside - absolutely clueless. Ignored numerous pushes and pulls, and incorrectly gave Bolton the throw in that led to their goal.

Loved the bloke in the front row of block X who stood up, screamed at the lino, then offered him his glasses.  :clap_hands:
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

SmithyFFC

Attwells a joke of a ref, expected nothing less today, to weak to handle an under 8's game, let alone this level. :046:
FTID

The Doctor

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on February 20, 2011, 10:40:33 PM
to weak to handle an under 8's game, let alone this level. :046:

I wouldn't even trust him with a game of subbuteo

ron

The old boxing adage that complaining to the ref about decisions is the first sign that a fighter is defeated holds true for football.

You have to win despite tugged shirts. And Baird ought to hang his head in shame for being so unprofessional as to raise his hands in the way he did. We deserved to be playing with ten against eleven, which we didn't. That negates all the shirt pulling.

YankeeJim

While it always seems that the guy who retaliates is the one that gets sent off, hoe many elbows in the rib cage can one take? The bleeping ref did a terrible job but Ron is right. I can only say that plaers can adapt to the ref so long as he is consistant. The bloke today was just terrible.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Fulham_Adam

Attwell is the worst referee in England, the man is so inept at what he does and is an absolute disgrace. If I did such a bad job where I work I would be sacked and it makes me sick that he will actually be paid for that pathetic performance. I've never seen him have a good game, he's a joke.
The past is told by those who win.

Lighthouse

Before we blame the players for their reactions or the ref today. I think we simply need to ask the refs for consistency. How can a player give away a penalty for a shirt tug one week and the next the ref claim to be playing advantage? One week a player is booked for a foul the next it is a tackle. Baird over reacted and Guddy against Chelsea made a tackle that in another week would have had both players sent off.

It must be frustrating playing a game not knowing what the rules are. It must be hard trying to referee a game when you have different ideas from other refs what a shirt pull is. There were times that the Bolton players looked like water skiers behind the speed boats of Fulham with the length of shirt they had in their hands.

I do know that it is becoming increasingly frustrating waiting for the Russian Roulette of referees decisions. A little constency would help.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BlacknWhite

i went to this game and i was astounded that there could be a referee so incapable in top tier football. I decided to read up on him and the first site to come up was wikipedia, here it says that he is a life long Bolton Wanderers fan  :002:

FC Silver Fox

Following on from Beamer's remarks above, I agree that both Baird and Guddy would have had no complaints if they'd seen red in the last 2 games. This would have had a significant impact of our position in the fair play league and put in jeopardy our ability to qualify for a Europa League place next season.  We can at least be thankful that didn't happen.

Silver Fox, thinking positively like Nogood Boyo now, is it?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

JBH

Unless they sort out the appaulling standard of refereeing we are currently witnessing it wont be long before fans take into their own hands and a poor official, no sorry a FCUKIN TERRIBLE official like Shatwell wll get seriouly assaulted after a game.

The Refs association must act now and relegae that muppet to the blue square or even Hackney Marshes.

He totallly fcuked up yesterday and if the Referee selection comittee can't see that then they should all be replaced.   :035: :035: :035:

JBH

Quote from: ron on February 20, 2011, 11:24:34 PM
The old boxing adage that complaining to the ref about decisions is the first sign that a fighter is defeated holds true for football.

You have to win despite tugged shirts. And Baird ought to hang his head in shame for being so unprofessional as to raise his hands in the way he did. We deserved to be playing with ten against eleven, which we didn't. That negates all the shirt pulling.

Sorry Ron but your are talkin Bollox, yes we could/should have been down to 10 men but Bolton could/should have been down to 8, shirt pulling prevents goal scorers getting their shots away and hugging stops players jumping for the ball or gaining possession in dngerous places.

This reaction is not bout losing to Bolton its about games of football being ruined by inadequate referees. If I permormed as badly as that at work then i would be sacked  :028:

ron

Quote from: JBH on February 21, 2011, 07:52:53 AM
Quote from: ron on February 20, 2011, 11:24:34 PM

Sorry Ron but your are talkin Bollox, yes we could/should have been down to 10 men but Bolton could/should have been down to 8, shirt pulling prevents goal scorers getting their shots away and hugging stops players jumping for the ball or gaining possession in dngerous places.

This reaction is not bout losing to Bolton its about games of football being ruined by inadequate referees. If I permormed as badly as that at work then i would be sacked  :028:

Yes I agree that they should have been down to eight or so. And their performance was a disgrace. What i'm saying here is that there is nothing you can do about that once the appointed referee ( that you are stuck with ) blows the whistle for the kick off. Allowing those tactics to get to you will only diminish your own performance and increase the chances that they will succeed.

Just like when the bell sounds at boxing and there's no hiding place.

TonyGilroy

Attwell was appalling but he at least played up to his usual standard. We didn't.

White Noise

Posted on TIFF -

Stuart Attwell hope we never see you at the Cottage again -- David, Monday, February 21, 05:13:56am (host86-142-30-115.range86-142.btcentralplus.com/86.142.30.115)

Here is a sentence from the Wikipedia entry for referee Stuart Attwell:

"Attwell graduated from Staffordshire University in 2004. Refereeing had been a life-long ambition for him, according to his father, who regularly took him to matches at Bolton Wanderers, the club he has supported all his life."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Attwell

How long will Stuart Attwell referee? Here are some of his gaffes:

Watford v Reading ghost goal

Derby County vs Notts Forest goals 2nd nov 08

I could not sum up any better than this clip how I feel about Stuart Attwell:

Hitler Hates Stuart Attwell

His last appearance at the Cottage was when we played against Stoke this season which was another poorly managed game by Attwell. In the 25 years I have been watching professional football Attwell is the worse official I have seen. He has no consistency in his refereeing and quite frankly he is not fit to referee at Hackney Marshes let alone at the highest level in England

It also seems I am not alone in my disliking of one Stuart Attwell:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31702759206#!/group.php?gid=31702759206&v=wall

TonyGilroy

He was in charge of the Ipswich v Leicester televised match a month or two ago.

Terrible snow. The pitch covered, a blizzard raging, pitch markings obscured, players slipping around. He took the players off several times in the second half but brought them back on even though conditions were getting steadily worse.

Utterly inept. A disgrace.

Blingo

Perhaps the team that a referee supports should automatically disqualify him from refereeing a match in which that particular team is involved.

I can see it yesterday at full time the bar steward muttering a big "YES" under his breath and his brother going off to the bookies to collect their winnings.

JBH

I know we cant' do anything the people that need to do something are those incharge of this current crop of Useless Referees.
I am fed up paying out my hard earned wedge to watch a game of football be ruined by the likes of Attwell