watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will we have to change the way we play

Started by sunburywhite, February 20, 2011, 08:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Now Bobby is on the way back will we have to change the way we play. When Bobby played under RH there was a lot of ball played up to him so that he could hold it and lay it off.
MH has been making more use of a push and run style of attack, pushing the balls into holes and running off it. Will he keep this style with Bobby or revert back to RH's style of play?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Today we played a lot of long balls up to....

Andy Johnson who for some reason could not outjump the two towering central defenders who inveitably cleared the ball EVERY time.

I think that today we were already playing the game you suggest, only with a midget target man...

ron

Andy Johnson's lack of pace and height is now costing us big time. It must be time to offload him to someone who hasn't been watching the football press for about the last 6 years.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ron on February 20, 2011, 11:13:29 PM
Andy Johnson's lack of pace and height is now costing us big time. It must be time to offload him to someone who hasn't been watching the football press for about the last 6 years.

Lack of pace?

THANK GOD THAT WE ARE NOT STOKE CITY WHO ONLY WANT STRIKERS WHO ARE 6' 5'' AND BIGGER!!!

AJ looked very good in recent weeks and it wasn't his mistake that H&H played kick and rush.

White Noise

I think MH couldn't make his mind up who was best with Zamora before he got injured. In the four league games, including Wolves, he partnered Gera, Dempsey, Dembele and then Dempsey again.

I think AJ has gone up in MH's estimation since his return and will get a run alongside the big fella but I can see him swicthing to using AJ as a sub after a while.

MJG

I fear we will see more balls pumped forward from the back to BZ and then five midfielders looking to pick up the scraps.

Dugliss

Quote from: MJG on February 22, 2011, 09:26:17 AM
I fear we will see more balls pumped forward from the back to BZ and then five midfielders looking to pick up the scraps.

It worked last season

MJG

Not the way I expect it to pan out with Hughes.it will be moved forward quicker, and by that I mean more of H&H looking to aim for BZ.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: MJG on February 22, 2011, 03:24:42 PM
Not the way I expect it to pan out with Hughes.it will be moved forward quicker, and by that I mean more of H&H looking to aim for BZ.

Whilst I am no fan of hoof ball, at least Bobby gives us an 'out ball' which means the opposition cannot just double mark murphy and Dembele and keep us out of the game.

What we need to guard against is doing too many long balls up front, which Fulham are often guilty of when under pressure or chasing a  game.