watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What A Rip-Off

Started by White Noise, February 22, 2011, 07:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Just browsing for Fulham books on ABE Books - the second hand book website - and found this one on Craven Cottage -

Craven Cottage (ISBN: 6130292902)

Miller, Frederic P. , Author Vandome, Agnes F. Author McBrewster, John Author

Bookseller: Stratford Books
(United Kingdom, ., United Kingdom)

Bookseller Rating: 

Quantity Available: 1
Print on Demand
Book Description: Alphascript Publishing, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: BRAND NEW PAPERBACK. 5.98 by 9 inches. (00118 pages) This item is printed on demand. Please allow up to 10 days extra for printing & delivery. {Publisher's Publication Date = 2010-01-01 00:00:00} [ships from USA takes 8-14 days to Europe] Craven Cottage is the name of a sports stadium in the Hammersmith and Fulham area that has been the home ground of the association football team Fulham F.C. since 1896. The capacity of the stadium was increased to 26,678 following cosmetic repairs. Fulham Lang=English accessory:NO ACCESSORY (Paperback ). Bookseller Inventory # AF6130292902

Price: US$ 72.07

Convert Currency

Shipping: US$ 16.19

From United Kingdom to U.S.A.
Destination, Rates & Speeds

I had never heard of the book so thought I would see if I could get it cheaper from the publisher 'Alphascript Publishing'. Googled them and it turns out they just copy stuff from Wikipedia and print and then charge a fortune -

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1ACPWCENFR387&q=Alphascript+Publishing&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

LBNo11

...as you say a rip off, I'm surprised that Amazon endorses the products by putting them on sale, the USA version should be told.

Interesting to note that  FREDERIC P. VANDOME, AGNES F. MCBREWSTER, JOHN MILLER have together been associated with 95,039 other books, pretty prolific eh..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CULTUREVULTURE

Amazon sells all sorts of odd stuff.

White Noise

On a different note (as I continue my browse) this is a strange academic work. Anyone read it -

Understanding Football Hooliganism - A Comparison of Six Western European Football Clubs
Spaaij, Ramon
Bookseller: Oxfam St Albans Books
(St Albans, HE, United Kingdom)

Bookseller Rating: 

Book Description: Amsterdam University Press, Amsterdam, 2006. Wraps. Book Condition: Fine-. No Jacket. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. Few signs of use; excellent condition. West Ham, Fulham, South Rotterdam, Sparta Rotterdam, Catalan, and FC Barcelona. Extensive bibliography. Height approx. 9 ins. " Great book for any serious football commentator or fan. With Dutch summary.". Bookseller Inventory # 7000

Scrumpy

Quote from: White Noise on February 22, 2011, 07:37:11 PM
On a different note (as I continue my browse) this is a strange academic work. Anyone read it -

Understanding Football Hooliganism - A Comparison of Six Western European Football Clubs
Spaaij, Ramon
Bookseller: Oxfam St Albans Books
(St Albans, HE, United Kingdom)

Bookseller Rating: 

Book Description: Amsterdam University Press, Amsterdam, 2006. Wraps. Book Condition: Fine-. No Jacket. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. Few signs of use; excellent condition. West Ham, Fulham, South Rotterdam, Sparta Rotterdam, Catalan, and FC Barcelona. Extensive bibliography. Height approx. 9 ins. " Great book for any serious football commentator or fan. With Dutch summary.". Bookseller Inventory # 7000

I'm guessing that the chapter on Fulham firms is pretty brief!  :048:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.