watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

goal line technology NFR

Started by epsomraver, February 23, 2011, 12:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Plans to introduce goal-line technology have hit a stumbling block after all 10 of the companies taking part in recent trials failed to meet the criteria set by Fifa, football's world governing body. A Fifa spokesman said the results of the tests will be discussed at a meeting on 5 March.

The criteria is how much do you each want in a brown envelope!!
i cannot believe that out of ten companies not one is acceptable.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

...a basic formulea for this equation is:-

FIFA Q

X

X

= FIFA Decision

Naturally FIFA want to give the ten companies time to outbid each other further by reducing their profit margin and making 'allowances' for the key decision making facilitators within FIFA to approve the deal...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 23, 2011, 12:58:04 PM
...a basic formulea for this equation is:-

FIFA Q

X

X

= FIFA Decision

Naturally FIFA want to give the ten companies time to outbid each other further by reducing their profit margin and making 'allowances' for the key decision making facilitators within FIFA to approve the deal...

That translates into Bung Lb?

The Equalizer

Or, in LBNo11 pictographic speak:

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

Pathetic.

Greedy, backward-looking, bribe-taking, corrupt so-and-sos....

Burt

Having such technology would avoid this sort of incident...

Chris Kamara Goes CRAZY over Fulham goal

epsomraver

MJG

one simple solution (will only work if the ball hits the ground its not perfect I know) all goals have a 30+ degree slope away from the goal line to the back of the goal, if a ball bounces on it from above it will bounce to the back of the goal and not back onto the pitch.
I now expect someone to come back and talk about back spin or players falling into the back of the goal etc!!  ;-)

Burt

Quote from: MJG on February 23, 2011, 01:25:21 PM
one simple solution (will only work if the ball hits the ground its not perfect I know) all goals have a 30+ degree slope away from the goal line to the back of the goal, if a ball bounces on it from above it will bounce to the back of the goal and not back onto the pitch.
I now expect someone to come back and talk about back spin or players falling into the back of the goal etc!!  ;-)

Far too logical an idea Mr MJG sir, and not enough bungs in it.

Lighthouse

There is always one other thing we should be able to rely on but can't. Honesty in most cases would solve the problem. There is no way our own Swart while playing for Boro did not know the ball had crossed the line. I am aware that not all cases could be solved with honesty but it would help.

There is also another solution. If cameras are present then you can use those. If not you can't. Most games at the pro level are televised for highlights. Simply ask  the tv to have a tape available for instant playback. 

But as has already been stated we wont because too much money is invested to allow honesty or the technology we already have at the grounds to work.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TheDaddy

My idea is simple fill the goal in with a block of sticky jelly so when the balls over, its there plain to see stuck !
After the match you can take the jelly to the local old biddies home
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "