watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Horse in ruck on team bus.

Started by FatFreddysCat, February 25, 2011, 06:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

The Horse and port Vale manager Jim Gannon both leave team coach after mass fall out. I'll leave WhiteNoise to get the full details.

The Doctor

Gannon is either the hardest man in football or mad.  Surely there can be only one winner in any fight involving Geoff Horsfield?

Fletchino

I though this post was about the big bird who fell off the horse on coach trip today on channel 4 it's well funny if anybody can put that up I pissed myself

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FLETCHINO on February 25, 2011, 06:54:19 PM
I though this post was about the big bird who fell off the horse on coach trip today on channel 4 it's well funny if anybody can put that up I pissed myself
In my little winter hibernation ( i actually got up at 5am today and done a day on the dust ) i found Coach trip, it's superb  :54: But why do they always have to have at least one iron on every day?

os5889

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/port_vale/9407897.stm

Port Vale boss Jim Gannon gets off team coach after row

Port Vale manager Jim Gannon got off the Valiants' team bus heading for Aldershot after an alleged argument with his assistant Geoff Horsfield.

Gannon met his legal representative at a service station in the West Midlands and returned to Vale Park for talks with chairman Bill Bratt.

Horsfield also left the coach further into the journey.

BBC Radio Stoke understands that Gannon will be at Saturday's League Two game, but Horsfield will not attend.

Vale goalkeeper Stuart Tomlinson said on Twitter: "Awesome events on the team bus."

The former Crewe and Burton man later added: "Someone has left the bus."

Geoff's been a great assistant. He helps with coaching, the warm-ups and the management of players

Jim Gannon, speaking in January

"It is an internal matter that will be dealt with on Monday," Bratt told BBC Radio Stoke.

Former Stockport, Motherwell and Peterborough boss Gannon took charge of the Valiants in January after Micky Adams' departure for Sheffield United.

At the time, Vale were fourth in League Two but his reign began with a five-match winless run.

A 1-0 success over Rotherham began a four-game unbeaten streak but that was halted with Tuesday's 3-1 defeat by Stevenage which has left Vale sixth in the table, three points off the automatic promotion places.

Gannon inherited his backroom team, including Horsfield, from Adams, and has appointed Ben Cooper and Andy Mulliner as coaches.

In January, Gannon said that the Valiants were "understaffed" and that "the staff are probably under-qualified for the jobs they've been asked to do".

Of Horsfield, he added: "Geoff's been a great assistant. He helps with coaching, the warm-ups and the management of players.

"He's a good lad but he needs to gain a lot more experience and he'll become a better assistant manager as time goes by."

FatFreddysCat

I still remember the days i used to check the lower league tables and scorers and kept seeing this Horsfield bloke popping up for Halifax?? Then he signed for us and i wondered if he could step up a division and do the business. He later become  Legend when him and Harry Bayles tore Spurs apart at the cottage in the League, Milk, Carling whatever cup. The Horse for England rumours were madness but lovely for us Fulham fans . Under Tigana with Saha and Boa and the ever improving Hayles we all sadly realised the Horse wasn't quite up to our standard ( though us fans would have loved him to be super sub)and Tigs ruthlessly despatched him to Brum/ WBA . We all know about his cancer battle and how he beat it (as if he wouldn't) . But although i'm sure he's made a very healthy living from football, i'd doubt he's set for live. I hope this isn't the end for the Horse in football as Micky Adams at the Blades looks far from safe and i cant see anouther in for Geoff without him. Guest speaker at Fulham functions rather than that traitorous slag Mullery please MO.

finnster01

Quote from: The Doctor on February 25, 2011, 06:35:22 PM
Gannon is either the hardest man in football or mad.  Surely there can be only one winner in any fight involving Geoff Horsfield?
I hear the Horse earned a title fight against Joe Jordan for the World Assistant Manager Belt...  :005:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Doctor

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 25, 2011, 08:27:28 PM
Under Tigana with Saha and Boa and the ever improving Hayles we all sadly realised the Horse wasn't quite up to our standard ( though us fans would have loved him to be super sub)and Tigs ruthlessly despatched him to Brum/ WBA .

I don't think he even had a chance under Tigana.  We sold him to Brum for £2.25m and then went and bought Saha from Metz for £2.1m.  They were both great players for us, but by anyone's standards that bit of trading was complete madness!

I remember one game (for some reason Notts County springs to mind) where Super Geoff skinned a defender.  Cue desperate shirt pull.  The Horse didn't even notice, he just carried on forging forward dragging this poor defender behind him through the mud. 

Finnster, I reckon Geoff could comfortably batter Gannon and Jordan at the same time.  In his sleep.  Would love to see the likes of Diouf, Henry or Wilkinson taking on Horsefield.  It would be carnage.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: The Doctor on February 25, 2011, 09:21:26 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 25, 2011, 08:27:28 PM
Under Tigana with Saha and Boa and the ever improving Hayles we all sadly realised the Horse wasn't quite up to our standard ( though us fans would have loved him to be super sub)and Tigs ruthlessly despatched him to Brum/ WBA .

I don't think he even had a chance under Tigana.  We sold him to Brum for £2.25m and then went and bought Saha from Metz for £2.1m.  They were both great players for us, but by anyone's standards that bit of trading was complete madness!

I remember one game (for some reason Notts County springs to mind) where Super Geoff skinned a defender.  Cue desperate shirt pull.  The Horse didn't even notice, he just carried on forging forward dragging this poor defender behind him through the mud. 

Finnster, I reckon Geoff could comfortably batter Gannon and Jordan at the same time.  In his sleep.  Would love to see the likes of Diouf, Henry or Wilkinson taking on Horsefield.  It would be carnage.
I thought Saha was about 4/5 Million? Which at the time was madness, but soon proved to a sound bit of business. Out of interest how much was Fabrice? I seem to recall over £ 4 million, what a sad waste, he had everything but the right attitude and a lack of the bulldog spirit.

The Doctor

Pretty sure Saha cost us marginally less than we sold Horsfield for.  At the time his only experience of English football was a loan spell with Newcastle, during which he hadn't particularly impressed.

I honestly can't remember how much Fernandes cost.  I do remember him being a prize tool at a signing session in the Club Shop when I worked there.  Generally acting like a spoilt brat and couldn't wait to get out of there.  Someone had the bright idea of sending John Collins along with him to keep him in line, which he only just about managed.  Remember feeling so sorry for Collins that night.  Didn't he get done for several traffic offences - hooning through red lights and such?  Where is he nowadays?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Was there anything left of the coach after the Horse got off?

I very much doubt it...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: The Doctor on February 25, 2011, 09:38:31 PM
Pretty sure Saha cost us marginally less than we sold Horsfield for.  At the time his only experience of English football was a loan spell with Newcastle, during which he hadn't particularly impressed.

I honestly can't remember how much Fernandes cost.  I do remember him being a prize tool at a signing session in the Club Shop when I worked there.  Generally acting like a spoilt brat and couldn't wait to get out of there.  Someone had the bright idea of sending John Collins along with him to keep him in line, which he only just about managed.  Remember feeling so sorry for Collins that night.  Didn't he get done for several traffic offences - hooning through red lights and such?  Where is he nowadays?
Last i heard he was out with Bingo's mob in Israel. Had the talent to be top four in my book.