watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NW Juniors big day out yesterday

Started by NorthernWhite, February 28, 2011, 09:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

and what a top day out it was. We were warned that some managers were funny about the boys going around the changing rooms before games but Sparky just said come in and take your time going round meeting all the players. He was happy to sign his shirt and one of the playing staff showed me around and let us get on with it. Every player to a man welcomed him, had a chat and was happy to sign his shirt and programme. No big ego's or "I'm too big for this sort of stuff" attitude. It really made me appreciate how much of a family club we are and I bet there are plenty of clubs where some players wouldn't do this.

His big moment came to go in the tunnel and he went of to be taken onto the pitch by Danny. Apparently he had a chat with him and he put him at ease before going out onto the pitch. After the meeting of the players pre-match, they went on the pitch and for a second, he looked a bit lost but Danny made sure he was fine and gave him a kick around with Dembele, Dempsey etc.

I thought we played really well and were going for the win right to the end. Special mention to Duff, Hangeland, Dembele and AJ for excellent games. I loved Roy but watching us away from home was like watching paint dry at times.

A big thank you must go out to all involved at both City and Fulham. The players and playing staff were all friendly and happy to sign everything and chat. What a top day and a top club we support!

MisfitKid

Wow, what a great day for Young NW!!  Thanks for sharing.
Any photos?
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Fernhurst

Corr blimey NW that warms the cockles..... so glad the lad had a great day.... bet your life he will remember it forever..

All the best to him

TheDaddy

Bloody marvelous something your lad will never forget,,,, :54:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

White Noise

Thanks for that NW.

Fantastic stuff and good on the Fulham lads.

finnster01

Outstanding!  :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
Very happy for the lad and the proud father  :045:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

NorthernWhite

Thanks all and it certainly bought a lump to the throat.

Great to pick up a point as well to top the day off!

Lighthouse

How wonderful. A day that will indeed live with him forever. Makes us all proud.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sipwell

What a great day that must have been! If they would have won, I would have demanded that your son became the official "talisman" of the team and you should tour all across England for his meet & greet ;-)

But we got a fine result in the end anyways.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!