watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackburn Rovers - Pre-Match Thread

Started by White Noise, March 01, 2011, 02:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Thought I would do a single thread in future to chuck all the pre-match info into for each game - eg - injury news, ref announcements, tickets and travel news, pre-match press conferences etc.

To kick this one off here are the thoughts of the Blackburn fans on this weekends game -

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/24269-fulham-v-rovers/

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=73&fid=51&sty=2&act=1&mid=2118222816

http://boards.rovers.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=535&page=40

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6223&start=16

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F20570459?thread=8094596&show=50

White Noise

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/rovers-midfielder-to-miss-cottagers-clash

Rovers midfielder to miss Cottagers clash

Blackburn Rovers - David Dunn out of match against Fulham

By GMF Editor  March 01, 2011

Blackburn midfielder David Dunn has been ruled out of Saturday's trip to Fulham because of a hip muscle tear.

The 31-year-old missed last weekend's defeat at Aston Villa and will be on the sidelines again when Rovers head to Craven Cottage.

"David has a small tear and it will take a few days for it to settle down, ruling him out of this week's action," said a club spokesman.

Rovers will also be without defender Ryan Nelsen, who serves a one-match suspension for after being sent off at Villa Park.

White Noise

Fulham v Blackburn tickets

Barclays Premier League

Saturday 5th March

Kick-Off 15:00

All tickets for this match have now sold out.

Tickets may periodically become available due to returns – supporters are advised to check availability.

Check availability|

Matchday Hospitality
While tickets now sold out there are a few remaining hospitality packages for the Whites' match against Blackburn Rovers. 

Further information on hospitality packages| for this match are available online or you can contact a member of the sales team by email [email protected]| or calling 020 8336 7555.

Matchday Info

Seat Moves & Upgrades
Seat moves are not available on the day of the game. Upgrades can be obtained by visiting the Ticket Office.

Refunds
Refunds will only be given on tickets if the match is cancelled or postponed. The ticket must be returned to the Ticket Office within 7 days of the rescheduling announcement, which shall be made on fulhamfc.com

Postponements
Tickets will remain valid for the rearranged match.

Lost Season Tickets / Match Tickets
Fans must report to Ticket Office where valid ID must be shown. £5 is charged to replace a lost access card.

Concession Ticket Holders
Supporters with junior and concession tickets are reminded to bring ID to the stadium in the event of being asked for proof of age on matchday.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/BlackburnHome.aspx#ixzz1FLvreIcD

AlFayedsChequebook

What is really interesting is that despite being on the same points as us, most think they are in for a real relegation fight, whilst on here we are mostly convinced we have a good chance at the top half.

I guess it is down to the fact that we have hit form at the right time, whilst Rovers are in freefall.

A lot of them think they will come away with at least a point despite their form/injuries worry. Overconfidence?

White Noise

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 01, 2011, 02:35:43 PM
What is really interesting is that despite being on the same points as us, most think they are in for a real relegation fight, whilst on here we are mostly convinced we have a good chance at the top half.

I guess it is down to the fact that we have hit form at the right time, whilst Rovers are in freefall.

A lot of them think they will come away with at least a point despite their form/injuries worry. Overconfidence?

Yes, they are very downbeat in general. Most seem to think they will lose and, if you read other threads on those boards, they seem very, very unhappy with Steve Kean as manager and the owners are painted as a load of bullshi**ing chancers.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 01, 2011, 02:35:43 PM

Nah. It's no different to our 'predict the score' threads which are typically wildly optimistic unless it's one of the bigger sides.

We have home advantage and we're of a similar standard, so I suspect the bookies will have us down as favourites, but nowt wrong with being optimistic from the view of a Blackburn fan:
They've had 3 away wins
Same points tally as us
Only seperate on (albeit considerable) goal difference.

BalDrick

Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

epsomraver

RidgeRider

White Noise

Quote from: RidgeRider on March 01, 2011, 03:41:14 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on March 01, 2011, 03:06:54 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on March 01, 2011, 02:52:24 PM
Not keen on Kean are they?

Kean =  :beer: :beer: :beer:

Is he a 'known' booze hound?

When he was riding shotgun for Chris Coleman at Fulham the two of them were a first rate drinking team and often seen together in pubs in and around London.

FatFreddysCat

Strangley enough i was very confident we'd get something at Citeh (my posts will back this up) , but i think we'll only get a draw in this one  :tom:

White Noise

Baird Praises Team

Tuesday 1st March 2011

Fulhamfc.com caught up with defender Chris Baird at the Training Ground on Tuesday afternoon and the Northern Ireland international defender spoke of his happiness at Fulham's performance on Sunday against Manchester City, despite not claiming all three points that Mark Hughes' Team arguably deserved.

"We should have gone on to win it on Sunday," Baird told fulhamfc.com. "I saw the highlights again yesterday and I thought we were excellent.

"All the commentators who covered the game noted how good we were. We knew we could create a lot of problems and we went there with confidence. Credit to everyone involved because we caused them a lot of problems.

"We kept them restricted to long range efforts and apart from the goal they scored Mark Schwarzer didn't have a lot to do on Sunday. It was a good performance and a good result."

Fulham's impressive performance at Eastlands came on the back of a Team training camp in Portugal, which clearly paid dividends in Manchester on Sunday as Fulham claimed another crucial point on the road.   

"It was a very nice trip and it was good to get away. The Manager decided that we would go there [Portugal] and everyone enjoyed themselves and the weather was fantastic.

"I've been here four years now and it's not something we've done before but it was nice for the boys and it was something different. All in all it was a good week."

This weekend Baird and company take on Blackburn Rovers at the Cottage and with all tickets for the match now sold out, Baird is hoping to send Fulham's loyal supporters home with another three points to push the Team back towards the top half of the Barclays Premier League table.

"We're playing at the Cottage and we'll be looking to take all three points. The support has been fantastic again this season - we've got the fans behind us and they've been great. I'd like to think we've been performing well this season and that's why people want to come and see us play.

"We're looking forward to Saturday. Blackburn are a big, physical and strong team and it's always tough against them. I'm confident we can get the results we need to climb up the table. Could we get to Europa League again? You never know."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/March/BairdBlackburnPreview.aspx

White Noise

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/5631/0/exclusive-%E2%80%93-roberts-admits-fulham-clash-crucial-blackburn

Exclusive – Roberts admits Fulham clash is crucial for Blackburn

By Alex Varney

Wednesday, March 2

Blackburn striker Jason Roberts has told talkSPORT this weekend's trip to Fulham is crucial for the club.

Rovers are just four points above the drop zone after a run of five games without a win and Roberts admits they have to get something out of Saturday's game.

Speaking to the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, he said: "It really is [a big game]. We've come to the point where we need to win a few games and shoot up the table.
"
We're at that stage where we really need to win games
"
Jason Roberts

"There's a lot of clubs in that clutch where if you lose a few you find yourself right down there but if you win a few you find yourself shooting up the table. We're at that stage where we really need to win games."

Roberts also claimed the fight for survival, which involves as many as half the league, has once again proved why the Premier League is the best league in the world.

He added: "We're getting to the business end of the season now and there's a lot of exciting situations coming. It's just as exciting at the bottom as it is at the top.

"It just shows why we have probably the best league in the world - I'm excited to see what's going to happen."

White Noise

Steve Kean certain his 'unsackable' tag won't be tested despite Blackburn slump

By Chris Wheeler

Last updated at 11:01 PM on 2nd March 2011

Blackburn boss Steve Kean is confident his 'unsackable' tag will not be tested after seeing Rovers slip into the Barclays Premier League relegation battle.

Odds slashed: Kean

The club's Indian owners have guaranteed they will not fire Kean during the two-and-a-half-year contract he signed in January after stepping up to succeed Sam Allardyce at Ewood Park.

But the odds on him becoming the next Premier League boss to go have dropped to 6-1 from 50-1 after Saturday's 4-1 defeat at Aston Villa left his side seventh from bottom with a solitary draw from their last five games.

Blackburn's next two fixtures against Fulham and Blackpool have now taken on even greater importance, but Kean insists he is not feeling the pressure.

He said: 'Do I feel safe? Yes I honestly do. I spoke with the owners first thing Sunday morning after the Villa game and I'll continue to make my trips over there to give them an update.

'The plan is to get to 40 points as quickly as we can because it's going to be very, very tight.

'It's my job to make sure I get across to the players we need to pick up the points. We are taking full responsibility for the blip, and it is a blip.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1362324/Steve-Kean-certain-unsackable-tag-wont-tested-despite-Blackburn-slump.html#ixzz1FWGPL2Q7

finnster01

If we are serious about staying up we win this game.

If not, I am sure they will go on another holiday somewhere.  :028:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

JBH

Quote from: White Noise on March 01, 2011, 04:01:45 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on March 01, 2011, 03:41:14 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on March 01, 2011, 03:06:54 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on March 01, 2011, 02:52:24 PM
Not keen on Kean are they?

Kean =  :beer: :beer: :beer:

Is he a 'known' booze hound?

When he was riding shotgun for Chris Coleman at Fulham the two of them were a first rate drinking team and often seen together in pubs in and around London.

Cookie and Kean where always to be seen on the P1ss in Esher  :wine:

BalDrick

This is all about us being ruthless isn't it? Win this and frankly we'd have to get Snatch back in immediately to go down, lose it and it's squeaky bum time.

I don't think it's going to be pretty.

Incidentally, this will be my fifth game of the season. Stats thus far: P4 W4.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Bracken White

Potentially this could be a real 'Fulhamish' game for us - so do hope we can get an early goal & push on. Take the point that many believe there's 3-points here for the taking - but that's never the case for us. as we all know.
Very sound & strong performance from the Team last week - but we need as much intensity and focus on the Blackburn game & if there is three points gained, then we can really be looking upwards .... anything less then there'll still be jitters.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2011/03/03/former-blackburn-winger-hoping-to-heap-misery-on-rovers-64767-28273050/

Former Blackburn winger hoping to heap misery on Rovers

Mar 3 2011

By Jacob Murtagh

DAMIEN Duff insists he won't let sentiment get in the way of heaping more misery on Blackburn Rovers at the weekend.

The Irishman lines up against his old club looking to continue Fulham's climb up the table when the two sides meet at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

Duff started his career at Ewood Park, and Steve Kean tried to bring the 32-year-old winger back to Rovers in January, only to be told where to go by Whites boss Mark Hughes.

However, the former Newcastle and Chelsea flyer insists all he's worried about is getting the three points.

He told the official website: "I left Ireland at 16 and went on to have seven or eight very happy years at Ewood Park.

"There were some good times, notably the League Cup win in 2002.

"They're a good side like ourselves, one that should be higher up the league table.

"I may still look for their results, but these days I am Fulham through and through."

White Noise

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8886864.Blackburn_Rovers_striker_Roberts_targets_a_Fulham_repeat/?ref=rss

Blackburn Rovers striker Roberts targets a Fulham repeat

9:30am Thursday 3rd March 2011

Comments(3) 

By Andy Cryer

JASON Roberts admits Blackburn Rovers have to reverse their Premier League slump now as the scrap for survival starts getting a little too close for comfort.

The Rovers striker will hope to feature in Saturday's trip to Fulham as he looks to fire his side back winning ways after a four-match winless run.

Roberts scored a crucial winner at Craven Cottage back in 2009 to help steer Rovers to safety and he knows, sitting just four points clear of safety, they could do with a repeat this time around.

"It really is a big game," he said. "We've come to the point where we need to win a few games and shoot up the table.

"We're at that stage where we really need to win games.

"There's a lot of clubs in that clutch where if you lose a few you find yourself right down there, but if you win a few you find yourself shooting up the table.

"We're at that stage where we really need to win games.

"We're getting to the business end of the season now and there's a lot of exciting situations coming.

"It's just as exciting at the bottom as it is at the top."