Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2011, 08:24:24 AM
Quote from: clint23 on March 03, 2011, 07:42:04 AM
Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2011, 06:24:28 AM
Quote from: clint23 on March 03, 2011, 05:37:52 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on March 02, 2011, 09:46:32 PM
Quote from: Chopper on March 02, 2011, 05:04:32 PM
Has anyone seen him play for more than the 20 minutes he managed against Peterborough?

That's all I've seen and whilst he was poor I wouldn't write him off based soley on that game. The problem is always going to be how many opportunities is he going to get (not many whilst Hughes & Hangeland are fit) and how quickly can he get up to speed given the opportunity.

Well I saw him three or four times on television during the World Cup, including the game against England.  He looked like a very good player indeed - but then so did Salcido!

Same here, during the World Cup I was like "Man, this Salcido looks class" and now I'm like  :tom:
What do you expect, he's mexican.  :doh: Salcido is way better than Halliche!

Tom, I don't agree on that man, Halliche needs to play more games and then we can say he is good or he is crap. Plus, Halliche is younger, 24, Salcido is 30.
I think there is a reason Halliche doesn't even make the bench for games. I hope you are right.
+1, when even Kelly makes the bench sometimes...
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

Tom

Quote from: Matt The Swede on March 03, 2011, 10:00:49 AM
Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2011, 08:24:24 AM
Quote from: clint23 on March 03, 2011, 07:42:04 AM
Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2011, 06:24:28 AM
Quote from: clint23 on March 03, 2011, 05:37:52 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on March 02, 2011, 09:46:32 PM
Quote from: Chopper on March 02, 2011, 05:04:32 PM
Has anyone seen him play for more than the 20 minutes he managed against Peterborough?

That's all I've seen and whilst he was poor I wouldn't write him off based soley on that game. The problem is always going to be how many opportunities is he going to get (not many whilst Hughes & Hangeland are fit) and how quickly can he get up to speed given the opportunity.

Well I saw him three or four times on television during the World Cup, including the game against England.  He looked like a very good player indeed - but then so did Salcido!

Same here, during the World Cup I was like "Man, this Salcido looks class" and now I'm like  :tom:
What do you expect, he's mexican.  :doh: Salcido is way better than Halliche!

Tom, I don't agree on that man, Halliche needs to play more games and then we can say he is good or he is crap. Plus, Halliche is younger, 24, Salcido is 30.
I think there is a reason Halliche doesn't even make the bench for games. I hope you are right.
+1, when even Kelly makes the bench sometimes...
Great point Matt.
Fulham for life!

Bracken White

Pleasing that he has the Wenger seal of approval. If we were comfortably ensconced in the top half of the table, then I'd be happy for him to get a game - but where we are, is still a cause for concern & we don't have that luxury. So disturbing was is arguably the most consistent CB partnership in 'The Prem' shouldn't be on the agenda, realistically .... yet!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

nevzter

First, that's a horribly translated article and I initially omitted that comment.  Next, as some others have alluded to, Wenger is using a weak "Jedi Mind Trick" to influence Fulham to accept his forthcoming bid for Hangman b/c 'they have an excellent CB sitting idle in Halliche.'  That's my read.  Still, Mr. Wenger continually bemuses whilst he could buy any CB he wants - pay up, Arsene, pay up.  Halliche may be a very good player, however, H & H are a tough nut to crack - and he's got Senderos to compete with as well.  It's a tough road to haul for Halliche at this point and God only knows if he can cut it when he's given the chance...if you should ever leave me, well life will still go on, believe me...
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."