watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has Bobby forgiven us?

Started by OtterFFC, March 05, 2011, 07:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OtterFFC

I admit it, I was one of the many fans who got on Bobby's back during his lean goal scoring season, two years ago.  I became obsessed with his lack of goals, rather that enjoying what his all round game brought to the team.  So much so I adapted the Zamora chant to "Oh Bobby Zamora . . . he'll never score . . . a".  I remember being delighted when I heard about Hull's apparent interest for our hero, at that point I would have bitten their hand off for the absurd fee they were offering.

How wrong I was.

The following season the goals flowed, Bobby bullied and terrorised both Premiership and European defences, all was well in the world . . . or was it? 

Bobby was not happy.

With every goal Bobby would turn to the Fulham faithful, his face etched with rage, his hands cupped behind his ears or a finger pointed at us in an accusing manner.  Bobby hadn't forgotten and certainly not forgiven.

Bobby started this season in the same manner he had finished the last, hungry and scoring goals for fun.  England came calling and Bobby was riding on a crest of a wave, until he was brutally cut down by the thugs from Wolves.

After 4 long months out Bobby returned.  An hour before his introduction into the Bolton game, the Fulham faithful were singing his name.  When Bobby eventually came on, he received a estatic, warm ovation . . we had missed him badly.  we continued to sing his name and cheer every touch . . our hero was back.

I just wonder . . at least if Bobby hasn't forgotten, has he forgiven us?

Tom

He has forgiven. He knows we love him!
Fulham for life!

leonffc

I think he has forgiven 'us'. He seems to celebrate with us rather than against us these days. As you say, he seemed to be trying to prove a point with his celebrations.

I have to say, I was always a fan, always trying to back him (sometimes hard) because I liked what he did for the team.
However, I still think he holds me responsible, and I still feel bad, from when my boy was mascot and he got his story mixed up (I'm sure I've told you Otter).
We met him when he signed and I said 'finally a man to hit double figures for us Bobby'
Luis asked why I said that and I told him that our top scorer is usually stuck on 7!!

So when he was mascot he asked Bobby in the changing room the conversation followed;
Luis - 'do you remember what my dad said to you?'
BZ - 'No, whats that?'
Luis - 'Are you going to get 7 goals this year?, because he doesnt think you will'

He scored that day (WBA Feb 22nd 2009 I think) and that was the first day he ran along the Hammersmith giving the finger  :59:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

shouldn't it be have we forgiven him?
yes he was knocking them in for fun last season-,before that he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo,remember?

Tom

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on March 05, 2011, 08:17:00 AM
yes he was knocking them in for fun last season-,before that he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo,remember?
I remember. A lot people wanted him gone.
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on March 05, 2011, 08:17:00 AM

we also came 7th that year.

so he brought a lot more than goals to the side.

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Blingo

Perhaps the abuse and the banter worked in two ways. Pushing him to prove everyone wrong. It was not the best of times for him but he has more than proved himself, so perhaps he also has something to thank the crowd for also. Sometimes that love hate relationship turns into a stronger relationship, and that is how Blingo sees the development of this particular situation.

Burt

So long as he starts to bang 'em in once more, I'll be a happy bunny.

FFCSteve

He always looked strong, his hold up play & providing balls for other players was always there. He just needed to score a few goals.
Myself & my son have always rated him.
I cringe when so called "supporters" give players grief! It helps no one!
Except the opposition of course!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

OtterFFC

OOOOOOOhhh Bobby Zamorrrrroaaaaa  :beer: