more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Penalties

Started by Burt, March 06, 2011, 02:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Dear Mr Hughes sir,

I would recommend some training time be put aside for penalty-taking.

Our recent penalties have coincided with Mr Murphy already having been substituted, and the efforts from Dempsey and BZ have not been terribly convincing.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Burt
Thames Ditton
COYW

Rupert

To be fair to BZ, having seen the way the goalie was handling the ball (ie very poorly), I suspect his plan was to blast it down the middle and, if the keeper didn't dive and was in a position to save it, the ball would have come back to Bobby, who could then have hammered in the rebound.

But, yes, we might be advised to practice taking them, not that we get many of the wretched things.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

McBridefan1

Quote from: Burt on March 06, 2011, 02:10:25 PM
Dear Mr Hughes sir,

Our recent penalties have coincided with Mr Murphy already having been substituted, and the efforts from Dempsey and BZ have not been terribly convincing.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Burt
Thames Ditton
COYW

Signed, McBridefan1

nevzter

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

White Noise

Agree with that.

Zamora and Dempsey take 'big man's penalties' and they are quite easy to read.

I am not sure why but being smaller seems to help Murphy and AJ. It may be because they can't rely on pure power that they have to work more on positioning, psychology, bodyshape and clean contact.

sunburywhite

Sorry boys , have to disagree. I watched Bobbys penalty again and if you notice he slightly chipped it to take the pace off. He was aiming (and got it) down the middle knowing the keeper would dive one way.

He aimed for it.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jack Fulham

None of them looked like they wanted it to take it yesterday.

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: McBridefan1 on March 06, 2011, 02:19:39 PM
Quote from: Burt on March 06, 2011, 02:10:25 PM
Dear Mr Hughes sir,

Yours faithfully,

Mr Burt
Thames Ditton
COYW

Signed, McBridefan1
And Master Sheepskin Junior
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

CaliforniaFFC

I think his first priority should be to address how to clear a ball that is anywhere in the 18 yard box and not give it straight back to the other team. Our clearances are horrific - especially Etuhu, Baird, Hughes and Salcido.

A little progression session starting with half volleys and full volleys would be good for starters.

cebu

Add to the above the taking of throw-ins as well as free kicks around the box.

Burt

Nicky Weaver's penalty at 2mins 30sec of this clip remains the best I have seen. Power, placement, height...

NICKY WEAVER SHEFF WED v CHESTERFIELD

NogoodBoyo

That Weaver clip was like a one-man show.  Great keeping, great shot!
Nogood "a right keeper that one, isit" Boyo

Peabody

Two of the best penalty takers for Fulham, that I have seen, were Jimmy Langley and Kevin Lock and do you know what, as good as they were, they did miss some. I thought Bobby was pretty good yesterday. He was not helped by the long delay before it was taken, nor by being "sledged" by a Blackburn Player. He held his nerve and I thought converted really well.

Fulham_Adam

Bobby's penalty was a good one!

My favourite ever penalty was Moody against Walsall to complete his hattrick.
The past is told by those who win.

jarv

Duff took penalties at Blackburn didn't he??

Salcido should not be allowed to take another throw in. One recently didn't even make it on the the pitch I think. :tom: If it does, it always goes to an opponent.