Clattenburg is a disgrace

Started by clint23, March 05, 2011, 05:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clint23

Awful, penalty in the first half, 2 not given the second half.  :red:

alfie

Quote from: clint23 on March 05, 2011, 05:13:43 PM

the penalty he did give was right in front of me but i still do not know what it was for, does anyone know please??
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

White Noise

clint23

It was not as clearly as the others, that's for sure

cebu

Quote from: alfie on March 05, 2011, 05:45:18 PM
Quote from: clint23 on March 05, 2011, 05:13:43 PM

the penalty he did give was right in front of me but i still do not know what it was for, does anyone know please??

The replay showed a defender holding Aaron. Most refs don't give those. But the previous missed pens made it poetic justice.

alfie

thank you now i know.
mind you i think the antics of Samba after the penalty was awarded deserved at least a yellow for continous harrasing of Clattenburg, why oh why do refs let players get away with abusing them i just don't know.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

White Noise

Quote from: alfie on March 05, 2011, 05:50:47 PM
thank you now i know.
mind you i think the antics of Samba after the penalty was awarded deserved at least a yellow for continous harrasing of Clattenburg, why oh why do refs let players get away with abusing them i just don't know.

I wonder what Gael Givet said to the ref at the end to get a red?

Jack Fulham

He had a shocking game in general. Should of given a pen when Samba brought down Aj in the first half.

Burt

Was watching on the internet...

Replays showed that the Blackburn defender was all over Hughes (arms over him) but compared to the couple of other penalties which weren't awarded is was quite soft really, and coming in the last minute a little bit on the controversial side.

Clattenburg didn't exactly shine today.

CravenCottager

The man is a cretinous muppet. Absolutely useless. For large parts of the game I was sat wishing Rooney was there so he could elbow Clattenburk in the back of the head.

Never mind. 3 points. Thank God.
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

clint23

Quote from: CravenCottager on March 05, 2011, 06:23:01 PM
For large parts of the game I was sat wishing Rooney was there so he could elbow Clattenburk in the back of the head.

+1

sunburywhite

Just got back from the game (thanks LB) and can't wait to watch MOD tonight to see whatever Clattenburg saw.From the security of the Hammy end I thought he had a mare and shouldn't be in charge of a game in the Championship let alone the Premiership.
Although he will never admit it I felt that he gave the penalty after running the previous incident with AJ through his mind, he knew he had made a mistake so "evened" it up.

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

YankeeJim

I think the penalty was a make up for blowing the previous call for the mugging of AJ.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

bmasar

I think the call may have also had something to do with Hanley being the one that cleared the ball. Perhaps Clattenburg figured if Hanley was the one to clear, who knows what Hughes could've done if he wasn't interfered with.

FatFreddysCat

Was out working so missed the first half, but thanks are in order for the pen he did give us, because i've seen it a few times and still cant see why we got it. But he is fecking terrible.

BlacknWhite

Quote from: White Noise on March 05, 2011, 05:46:44 PM
Aaron Hughes being held I think.

That's what I heard but even after the match i saw an interview with someone from the BBC and they all seems fairly bemused

CravenCottager

Quote from: BlacknWhite on March 05, 2011, 08:27:21 PM
Quote from: White Noise on March 05, 2011, 05:46:44 PM
Aaron Hughes being held I think.

That's what I heard but even after the match i saw an interview with someone from the BBC and they all seems fairly bemused
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6797018,00.html
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

MikeR

Quote from: White Noise on March 05, 2011, 05:56:09 PM
I wonder what Gael Givet said to the ref at the end to get a red?
"How can you give a ***** foul for that bear hug? That's the way we play every ball into our penalty area!"
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

White Noise

"Referee Mark Clattenburg considered quitting over Wayne Rooney incident in Wigan-Manchester United clash"

- An unnamed referee has claimed that Mark Clattenburg considered quitting the game as he felt "powerless" following Wayne Rooney's elbowing of James McCarthy in Manchester United's victory over Wigan Athletic last weekend.

- Clattenburg has been widely criticised for not spotting the incident at Wigan last week, though he did award a free-kick.

- "Mark's been castrated by the FA," one anonymous official was quoted as saying in The Telegraph.

- "I know he's felt about giving it all up," said another.

Full article: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/03/05/2380143/referee-mark-clattenburg-considered-quitting-over-wayne