watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If The Sidwell/Etuhu Conundrum Were Expressed Mathmatically

Started by White Noise, March 05, 2011, 09:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

No argument, Sidwell. However, next season, if Murph gets injured or his legs finally do "go" I reckon they can bouth play together. I think Etuhu should get a bit more credit for his energy. Yesterday, he helped Salcido out numerous times and boy, did he need helping out. Come to think of it hangers and demps also helped him out. :032:

HatterDon

It's horses for courses. I agree with McBrideFan#1 [2037, CST, 6 March 2011] that Sidwell is a walking red-card-waiting-to-happen with some of his challenges, but there are teams that will suffer more from him than they will from Etuhu. And vice versa.

I must say that I can't remember such a flood of unwarranted abuse of a Fulham player since Gera and Zamora this time two seasons ago. Etuhu has done well for us, and so has Sidwell. Certainly you can celebrate one without trashing the other. Or perhaps not.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Snibbo

Objective analysis of Dickson v Blackburn on CCN.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/03/06/dickson-etuhu-and-the-fifteen-tackles/

15 tackles and he won 11 of them. Not a bad ratio.

And what about the pass that set up the first goal?  If that had been Murphy, the word "sliderule" would have been bandied about.

JohnKovacs

Sidwell has been awesome since we acquired him from Villa, but I think Etuhu gets unwarranted flack on the message boards. I think both are vital to Fulham's success. 

McBridefan1

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 06, 2011, 08:42:45 PM
Quote from: McBridefan1 on March 06, 2011, 01:45:27 PM
it's a 50/50 for me... six in one, half dozen in the other. I think Etuhu gets forward better and doesn't clatter into people like sidders... mark my words sid the kid will get one of these  :red: before he gets a goal. That's not to say I dislike sidwell, quite the opposite I like a tough kid in the middle. He should play against the Blackburns and the other "shirt pullers" ... While Dix "is for chix" should play against teams like the top 4, only because if sid plays against a top 4 team and clatters into someone's legs the way he does, the ref is sure to send him off.
Etuhu gets foward better??? Really ? Sidders has probably had more shots on goal in his few games for Fulham than Etuhu has had in his life. Can see where you're coming from on the  :red: though, but a player like Sids who gets stuck in is likely to make the odd mistake, I wouldn't say he's a dirty player like Brown was.

My bit about going forward refers to him getting forward once or twice a game to add that wrinkle. Sidders runs from box to box and takes pot shots but never really looks threatening like Etuhu when he makes his charge... He makes some great runs into the box but his finishing admittedly leaves something to be desired.

LRCN

Quote from: richie17 on March 06, 2011, 10:35:42 AM
70/30 I guess.  Prefer Sidwell but thought Etuhu played well yesterday.  Doesn't deserve the criticism he gets at all.

agreed. 15 tackles was it? that is an incredible statistic. considering the average is 3/4 a game for a player in that position.

McBridefan1

Quote from: HatterDon on March 07, 2011, 02:39:41 AM
It's horses for courses. I agree with McBrideFan#1 [2037, CST, 6 March 2011] that Sidwell is a walking red-card-waiting-to-happen with some of his challenges, but there are teams that will suffer more from him than they will from Etuhu. And vice versa.

I must say that I can't remember such a flood of unwarranted abuse of a Fulham player since Gera and Zamora this time two seasons ago. Etuhu has done well for us, and so has Sidwell. Certainly you can celebrate one without trashing the other. Or perhaps not.

Ha ha "I agree with McBrideFan#1" and then he time stamped it for posterity... lol, classic Hatty Dee. I'm fairly certain we've agreed on something once before. Like.... errrrrr...oh... like which Prem team to follow, see, we have agreed before.  :047:

TonyGilroy

Sidwell hasn't yet convinced me although I can certainly see the potential. He gives 100% and gets round the pitch well but may be a bit of a headless chicken.

Some criticism of Dembele now refers to his lack of end product - I feel that way about Sidwell but recognise that he could very easily get better with more game time.

Etuhu doesn't deserve the criticism he gets. He supports the other midfielders, screens the defence and is more than useful as an extra defender when necessary. Going forward he's not so good and is better actually when he tries to keep it simple. He covered Salcido well on Saturday and it matters that somebody does that.

I don't think Sidwell and Etuhu have both been fit at the same time so Hughes hasn't had to make a choice. For now I'd let the guy in possession keep his place.