News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is The RB Slot Now Baird's For The Losing?

Started by White Noise, March 06, 2011, 03:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Do you think he is nailed on for the rest of the season in that role unless he stuffs up big time and, if so, will Sparky be looking to bring in someone better than him in the Summer or a decent back up?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: White Noise on March 06, 2011, 03:22:35 PM
Do you think he is nailed on for the rest of the season in that role unless he stuffs up big time and, if so, will Sparky be looking to bring in someone better than him in the Summer or a decent back up?

I'm not too sure what Sparky plans for the fullback roles. I'm convinced that Baird will play an important part next season but I'm not sure where he will play. I reckon Pantsil will leave us, as will Salcido. I think this is a done deal.

Sparky will sign a new left back, that's for sure.

Matt

Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

FatFreddysCat

Cant see Pants taking over from Baird, but i still think his best position is cm, but Sidders is better than him there. I reckon Hughes will buy two Full backs next season, i dont think we need anything else, so Baird will be back to covering in differant postions and playing loads of games, but he really deserves to start every game.

MikeR

I see Baird filling a role similar to what John O'Shea gives ManU - quality player, cool head, provides cover for several positions, but not first choice at any. Hughes will want more aggression from his fullbacks, and I think he can improve significantly at both LB & RB this summer without breaking the bank. Briggs and Marsh-Brown may be the future, but not just yet.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

JohnKovacs

simplyfulham

As far as this seasons goes, Baird has probably got himself a first team slot. Whether he plays at right or left back, probably depends more on the form of salcido and pants then on Baird's own performances.

King_Crud

Baird was immense on Saturday, a couple of great clearing headers from right in front of the goals

BalDrick

Only way for it to change is if Salcido returns to a sub-Pantsesque quality, in which case Baird'll be shipped over to LB and Pants will get a game. But yeah, agree with above posters, Hughes' summer buys will almost certainly be 2 full backs. Baird's fast approaching legendary status (a much-overused expression) but still nobody's sure of his best position. There's always the chance of playing he and Sidders in CM, Murph's not getting any younger (more's the pity).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town