watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Can We Do About The Pitch?

Started by White Noise, March 06, 2011, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

It is obviously getting worse and worse and you can see that Sparky and the players are making veiled references to how difficult it is making it for us to play our style of football.

What can we do for next season to make sure the same thing happens if we have another hard winter?

Mr Fulham

Our pitch is still better than anything I've seen in Germany of late. And better than half of the Premiership soils. We might have a new one for the next season.

MisfitKid

I am watching Wolves right now, half the pitch is dirt & mud...   :dft005:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

zzamora

its march, next match is in 1 month, if not recovered by than then get a new one

ron

Light roller and get on with it!

Pitches at this time of the season have improved out of all recognition in recent years, so no need to fret about trying to get them as perfect as billiard tables. It is an outdoor winter game after all.  In fact even the ball these days bears no relation to the concussion-bringing water-sponges that were kicked over those swamps of yore

...Then again, I remember seeing the sprinklers put on before the kick-off a couple of years back in the West Ham game...perhaps to doctor the surface a bit. The upshot was a goal against us when a defender slipped on the greasy surface where the sprinkler had been spraying......

SG

The pitch was a new one this season with supposedly 10% plastic grass woven in to give it more durability. It is I believe the same as the one at the Emirates.

I think ours is very poor and hinders our style of play. I dont know why it has deteriorated so much, because Arsenal's still looks good and theirs is at an enclosed stadium which is supposed to be more difficult to maintain.

It doesnt seem to drain as well as before

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

A new pitch does not peak until the second season.  The Emirates pitch is well established.

FatFreddysCat

They havent got Fat Fred looking after it. Perhaps me and Shady could take care of it for a very large fee.

jarv

If it needs to go, easy. Stage england v scotland, let us jocks win and they will take the pitch home with them. Just like the last time.

mrska

Craven Cottage.. after Saturdays game..

Mr Fulham

Me-ate-Live, innit??

They should introduce Stomping the Divots at half time ????